Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: adding PATH variable
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers adding PATH variable Post 302136661 by wir3d on Wednesday 19th of September 2007 04:14:22 AM
Old 09-19-2007
adding PATH variable

Hello

i use bash and i added a path variable for 2 files /rscr and /uscr in /etc/profile

/rscr working fine but the other one shows command not found
and when i try to type whereis for scripts in /rscr it shows them but the other one shows nothing... thanks Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding PATH variable in the startup scripts

Hi, I got a error message The environmental variable AUTOSYS is not set ! I think I require to to add a path to PATH variable in the startup scripts in the home dir. I tried using set PATH= but it is not setting the PATH when i do the echo $PATH , i dont get the new PATH reflected, Is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajanishshetty
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding default search path for CPP

Hi there, I have built myself a GCC (3.4.4) for PowerPC with a cross compilation toolchain running on a x86, together with glibc-2.3.4 and binutils-2.16. On the PowerPC there is a system runnign already (only console ofc, nothing "cosy", kernel-2.6.15). So my question is how to propperly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boyanov
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed variable substitution when variable constructed of a directory path

Hello, i have another sed question.. I'm trying to do variable substition with sed and i'm running into a problem. my var1 is a string constructed like this: filename1 filerev1 filepath1 my var2 is another string constructed like this: filename2 filerev2 filepath2 when i do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alrinno
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove a path from PATH environment variable

Hi I need a script which will remove a path from PATH environment variable. For example $echo PATH /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:test/rmve:/usr/games $echo rmv test/rmve Here I need a shell script which will remove rmv path (test/rmve) from PATH... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu84
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

one liner to extract path from PATH variable

Hi, Could anyone help me in writing a single line code by either using (sed, awk, perl or whatever) to extract a specific path from the PATH environment variable? for eg: suppose the PATH is being set as follows PATH=/usr/bin/:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin/java:/usr/bin/perl3.4 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending a path in user's PATH variable

Hello Folks, I want to append a path in user's PATH variable which should be available in current session. Background Numerous persons will run a utility. Aim is to add the absolute path of the utility the first time it runs so that next runs have the PATH in env & users can directly run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Path a variable to sed that includes a path

Hi I'm trying to select text between two lines, I'm using sed to to this, but I need to pass variables to it. For example start="BEGIN /home/mavkoup/data" end="END" sed -n -e '/${start}/,/${end}/g' doesn't work. I've tried double quotes as well. I think there's a problem with the / in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavkoup
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell or Perl (adding quote around path)

Hi Experts, I have a line as below: Text 351:2139 /opt/bo/boexi30/bobje/data/.bobj/registry/software/business objects/suite 12.0/olap intelligence/occa(o) What I need is: add a single quote around the path as below: chown 351:2139... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apatil65
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

Adding Directories to PATH in HP-UX with csh

HI Guys, I am truing to add some directories to the productive HP-UX (like /usr/sbin) the problem is that i tried some methods like (export) and setenv but i failed. I add some logs output of the commands to provide you with more info . the user which I am trying to add this path is different... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barry1946
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding to the end of the path in .profile

Hi there, I have the following in my path: export PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin But I want to change it programmatically(for the purpose of JBoss automatic(ansible) installs) to: export PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/jdk/jdk1.8.0_60 and after that I need to insert the JAVA_HOME programmatically,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hvdalsen
7 Replies
SURFRAW-UPDATE-PATH(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    SURFRAW-UPDATE-PATH(1)

NAME
surfraw-update-path - updates PATH in shell config files SYNOPSIS
surfraw-update-path [-add] [-remove] [-check] [-sys] [-all] [-help] [-shell=SHELL] DESCRIPTION
surfraw-update-path adds the surfraw elvi directory (/usr/lib/surfraw) to your PATH in your shell's config file. Currently it supports bash, sh, csh, tcsh, ash, dash, ksh, pdksh, zsh, rc, and es Don't forget to login again or source your login files for it to take effect. OPTIONS
-check Checks to see if the surfraw config code is present. This is the default. -add Adds the surfraw config code. -remove Removes the surfraw config code -sys Updates the system-wide shell config instead of the user. Must be done as root. -shell=SHELL Selects the shell to configure. Defaults to the value of the $SHELL environment variable. Currently supported shells are: sh, ash, bash, dash, csh, tcsh, ksh, pdksh, zsh, rc, and es. -all Attempts to configure the startup files for all known shells -help Gives a usage message RETURN VALUE
-check returns 0 if the surfraw code is present in the file, 1 if it is not found, or 2 on error. All other options return 0 on success, or 2 on error. ENVIRONMENT
SHELL Used to determine which shell to configure, if -shell is not given. HOME Used to find users config files. ENV Used by posix-compliant shells to specify a startup rc file. ZDOTDIR Used to find user config files for zsh. If not set, defaults to HOME. SEE ALSO
surfraw(1), sh(1), ash(1), bash(1), dash(1), csh(1), tcsh(1), ksh(1), pdksh(1), zsh(1), rc(1), es(1) AUTHOR
Ian Beckwith <ianb@erislabs.net> perl v5.12.4 2011-07-12 SURFRAW-UPDATE-PATH(1)