Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to ftp in non-ineractive mode Post 302136575 by mshv123 on Tuesday 18th of September 2007 01:58:06 PM
Old 09-18-2007
Unfortunately there is no such file in my home directory.
I tried "more .netrc" in both /home/ and /home/myaccount/ but in either case it gave a message ".netrc: No such file or directory"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PASV mode FTP

Hello, We have a situation wherein the FTP connections from a Client over a secure connection like ANX, when using PASV mode file transfers, the server on our end is sending out an ip address as (0,0,0,0,0,0) for PASV mode. The first four numbers denote the ip address and the last two denote the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

Transfering file through FTP through Binary Mode

Hi, I'm uploading files using internet explorer. 1.Open internet explorer 6.0 2.Open site like ftp://172.45.15.1 3.Copy files The files which I'm copying are basically zip files. What is the default transfer mode, I mean ASCII/BINARY ???. The problem I'm facing, while extracting these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronald_brayan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check a file whether it is in binay mode or not while doing ftp??

Hi, One bank statement file should be loaded into some tables by using a concurrent program. But if the file is transfered in binary mode i am getting some special characters in the file which is unexpected. so, for that while moving that file data into tables i want to write a script that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sateesh.d
2 Replies

4. Solaris

FTP is in maintenance mode always

Hello All, On solaris 10 server i could see the FTP service is in maintenance mode always :mad: Could some assist? svcs -xv svc:/network/nfs/nlockmgr:default (NFS lock manager) State: maintenance since Tue 28 Jul 2009 11:47:55 AM BST Reason: Restarting too quickly. See: Sun... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate ineractive applications

Hi Friends, I have a ksh script which is created by a user, 'ustst'. I need to su to another user, 'ghprod' and execute a script created by 'ghprod'. su - ghprod The above cmd asks for ghprod's password. I need to automate such that it takes the password form a hidden file without prompting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

change the mode of the file after FTP

Hi I am FTPing a file to a remote server from my local server. But after I FTP it the permissions are not in executable option, I need to change the permissions of the FTPed file how can i do that. Below is my script LOCALDIR=/batch/ediprocess LOCAL_BACKUP_DIR/batch/ediprocessBackUp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanth_chandra
4 Replies

7. AIX

ftp connect in passive mode , ftp settings

how to connect to ftp server in passive mode? ftp server.abc and how can i see ftp settings, doesn't exist some ftpd.conf there is some other file where i check the options and configurations of ftp server? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
3 Replies

8. Linux

active mode ftp connection from linux

Hi, We have one java client which connects to a windows server through ftp in active mode and gets files. When we run this client on hp-ux, it is able to transfer 100k files. But when we run the same client on Linux server it is able to transfer only 200 files at max and it is hanging there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urspradeep330
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP in batch mode

HI, Need to ftp a bunch of files in a directory in batch mode. TRying to ftp a single file first with below code. #!/bin/ksh function ftp_files { ftp -n ${D2_SRVR} <<-EOF quote user ${D2_UID} quote pass ${D2_PWD} cd ${D2_DIR}/${D2_NAME} lcd ${D1_DIR}/${D1_NAME}/dml/ put file1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvsanthosh
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP to send files using Binary mode

I am using below code to send files into ascii mode.what changes will I have to do to send files into Binary mode ? ftp -in <<FIN open $SAP_UP_SERVER user $SAP_UP_USER $SAP_UP_PASSWORD asc put $PM00_OUTPUTS_DIRECTORY/$SAP_UP_FILE_CSV /SAP_UP_FILE_CSV quit FIN (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nitin Varshneya
1 Replies
FINDSMB(1)							   User Commands							FINDSMB(1)

NAME
findsmb - list info about machines that respond to SMB name queries on a subnet SYNOPSIS
findsmb [subnet broadcast address] DESCRIPTION
This perl script is part of the samba(7) suite. findsmb is a perl script that prints out several pieces of information about machines on a subnet that respond to SMB name query requests. It uses nmblookup(1) and smbclient(1) to obtain this information. OPTIONS
-r Controls whether findsmb takes bugs in Windows95 into account when trying to find a Netbios name registered of the remote machine. This option is disabled by default because it is specific to Windows 95 and Windows 95 machines only. If set, nmblookup(1) will be called with -B option. subnet broadcast address Without this option, findsmb will probe the subnet of the machine where findsmb(1) is run. This value is passed to nmblookup(1) as part of the -B option. EXAMPLES
The output of findsmb lists the following information for all machines that respond to the initial nmblookup for any name: IP address, NetBIOS name, Workgroup name, operating system, and SMB server version. There will be a '+' in front of the workgroup name for machines that are local master browsers for that workgroup. There will be an '*' in front of the workgroup name for machines that are the domain master browser for that workgroup. Machines that are running Windows for Workgroups, Windows 95 or Windows 98 will not show any information about the operating system or server version. The command with -r option must be run on a system without nmbd(8) running. If nmbd is running on the system, you will only get the IP address and the DNS name of the machine. To get proper responses from Windows 95 and Windows 98 machines, the command must be run as root and with -r option on a machine without nmbd running. For example, running findsmb without -r option set would yield output similar to the following IP ADDR NETBIOS NAME WORKGROUP/OS/VERSION --------------------------------------------------------------------- 192.168.35.10 MINESET-TEST1 [DMVENGR] 192.168.35.55 LINUXBOX *[MYGROUP] [Unix] [Samba 2.0.6] 192.168.35.56 HERBNT2 [HERB-NT] 192.168.35.63 GANDALF [MVENGR] [Unix] [Samba 2.0.5a for IRIX] 192.168.35.65 SAUNA [WORKGROUP] [Unix] [Samba 1.9.18p10] 192.168.35.71 FROGSTAR [ENGR] [Unix] [Samba 2.0.0 for IRIX] 192.168.35.78 HERBDHCP1 +[HERB] 192.168.35.88 SCNT2 +[MVENGR] [Windows NT 4.0] [NT LAN Manager 4.0] 192.168.35.93 FROGSTAR-PC [MVENGR] [Windows 5.0] [Windows 2000 LAN Manager] 192.168.35.97 HERBNT1 *[HERB-NT] [Windows NT 4.0] [NT LAN Manager 4.0] VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
nmbd(8), smbclient(1), and nmblookup(1) AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The original Samba man pages were written by Karl Auer. The man page sources were converted to YODL format (another excellent piece of Open Source software, available at ftp://ftp.icce.rug.nl/pub/unix/) and updated for the Samba 2.0 release by Jeremy Allison. The conversion to DocBook for Samba 2.2 was done by Gerald Carter. The conversion to DocBook XML 4.2 for Samba 3.0 was done by Alexander Bokovoy. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 FINDSMB(1)