Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mail sending
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mail sending Post 302136527 by SanjayLinux on Tuesday 18th of September 2007 07:26:59 AM
Old 09-18-2007
Got IT and I think It will fix the Issue

Find out your ip address of your system by using "ifconfig" command
then find out your host name by using "hostname" command

#ifconfig<whatever the ip address> example
#hostname
< what ever the out will come > Example
tdm

then Just edit your /etc/hosts file
127.0.0.1 localhost tcs.com
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
172.17.21.23 tdm.tcs.com tdm TDM

----------------------------------------------
Let me explain you

this error appears to be caused in several ways, most related to DNS
name service. A few:
1. if your sending machine does not have it's own name/IPaddress in
its /etc/hosts file, it will cause the upstream target/relay host
to reject the message with something which means: "I don't know who
you are". The sending MTA sendmail then issues the error in the
maillog "...dsn=5.6.0 stat=Data Format Error". The fix for this is
to have a correct /etc/hosts; like so why i asked you to ediet the /etc/hosts file

And I am 100 % sure it will work for you

!!!BINGO!!!!!!!!

~~~Sanjay Tripathi ~~~~

Last edited by SanjayLinux; 09-18-2007 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: Just want much more explaination

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending a mail to a mail client

Hi everyone! I'm trying to create a database monitoring script that reads an alert file and sends an error message if it can 'grep' a particular string. Is there a way to send this message to a mail client using SMTP? Even better, is there any place on this site that has these kinds of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris73
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sending mail

How do I send an email with a subject and an attachment from a command prompt? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskarica
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

hp ux not sending mail

Hi.. In Hp ux box,, mails are not being sent. they are getting queued up in mail queue. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkhan
3 Replies

4. Ubuntu

help sending mail

Hi, I have kubuntu 8.10 and I would like to configure Ubuntu to can send mail from command line with mailx. I've saw that I need to install a MTA. But I don't know with install and how. Do you know some howto or url where I find how could I configure it? Many thanks and sorry for my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending mail

i want to send an email from the unix machine to the windows machine. now windows dont have any specified folder for the mail. mail has to be sent to the email-id like abc@xyz.com unix machine itself can not directly send mail. it has to be transferred via mail server. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: parmeet
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mail

Hi there, How can I send the automated log file, daily at 7 am to the respective mail . Thanks in Advance, Neha (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NehaKrish
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stop sending mail after certain number of mail

Hi guys... I am busy writing a script to notify me via an mail if my application is down. I have done that. Now I want this script to stop sending mails after five mails were sent but the script should keep on checking the application. When the application is up again that count should be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Mail

Hi All, I have a script that looks like this: *********** #!/bin/sh -x cd /u01/app/oracle/diag/rdbms/spdb/spdb/trace cat alert_spdb.log|grep Archiver >/dev/null if ; then mailx -s "Archiver message in Alert log" user@email.com fi ************ Im using the -x option to see any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oradba888
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending mail

How can i send a mail when user login in unix ENV. How can i know present use mailID?? Moved out of Contact Us Forum - Please Do Not Post Technical Questions in Non-Technical Forum(s) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arun508.gatike
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Problems sending mail: Difference between Mail and Mailx?

Whats the difference between mail and mailx? I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem where I can send mail from server A with this `echo $MESSAGE | mail -s "$SUBJECT" -r $FROM $RECIPIENTS` command but executing the same command from server B throws me this error (Both servers are RHEL) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
1 Replies
mlmmj-send(1)						      General Commands Manual						     mlmmj-send(1)

NAME
mlmmj-send - send mail to a mailinglist or similar SYNOPSIS
mlmmj-send [-L /path/to/list | -l listctrl] -m /path/to/mail [-a] [-D] [-F] [-h] [-o] [-r] [-R] [-s] [-T] [-V] -a: Don't archive the mail -D: Don't delete the mail after it's sent -F: What to use as MAIL FROM: -h: This help -l: List control variable. -L: Full path to list directory -m: Full path to mail file -o: Address to omit from distribution (normal mail only) -r: Relayhost IP address (defaults to 127.0.0.1) -R: What to use as Reply-To: header -s: Subscribers file name -T: What to use as RCPT TO: -V: Print version DESCRIPTION
This binary is used to send all kinds of mail to mlmmj managed mailinglists, but can potentially be used standalone for sending mails. The only option that is not self explanatory is the -l list control option: '1' means 'send a single mail' This is used together with -F and -T to send one mail to one recipient. '2' means 'mail to moderators' Used for sending mails to the moderators of a list. '3' means 'resend failed list mail' '4' means 'send to file with recipients' '5' means 'bounceprobe' '6' means 'single listmail to single recipient' BUGS
This manual page is very scarce documentation of the mlmmj-send binary. The reason for this is that it's really not supposed to be used by any human, but only supposed to be invoked from other mlmmj binaries. So in case more documentation is needed, please read the source. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by the following persons: Soren Boll Overgaard <boll@debian.org> (based on html2man output) Mads Martin Jorgensen <mmj@mmj.dk> mlmmj-send January 2010 mlmmj-send(1)