Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to burn a CD/DVD in solaris8 environment Post 302136486 by porter on Tuesday 18th of September 2007 04:38:21 AM
Old 09-18-2007
gunzip and untar the cdrtools package as you have done and you should see a directory structure

pkg_add -d nameofthatdirectory

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to burn a bootable DVD on aix 5.3?

I have a mksysb backup image need burn to a DVD, then it can be used to restore OS in other machine. How to do this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to burn DVD on the fly?

Hi folks, One DVD Writer installed on PC To duplicate Data DVD or DVD Installer I run following steps; 1) $ dd if=/dev/dvd of=image.iso bs=2048 to create an ISO image 2) Remove the DVD disc on the tray and insert a blank DVD disc for burning. Then run; (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sharing DVD Drive in LDoms Environment

I have T5220 server with DVD drive. I have installed few logical domains in the server and wonder how they can share the DVD drive. I have not seen any mention of that in Sun documentation. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
7 Replies

4. AIX

Using mkdvd to create bootable mksysb on dvd reports success but nothing on dvd?

Hello, Running AIX 7.1 7100-00-03-1115, trying to make a mksysb image to a dvd drive using mkdvd. My final command looks like this.. mkdvd -e -V rootvg -R -C /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_fs -I /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_images -M /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/mksysbimage -d /dev/cd0 -Y When i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies
unp(1)							      General Commands Manual							    unp(1)

NAME
unp - a shell frontend for uncompressing/unpacking tools SYNOPSIS
unp [-u] file [ files ... ] [ -- backend args ... ] ucat file [ files ... ] unp is a small script with only one goal: Extract as many archives as possible, of any kind and from any path to the current directory, preserving the subdirectory structure where needed. Is a Do-What-I-Want utility and helps managing several extraction programs without looking for needed options for the particular tool or worrying about the installation of the needed program. Run unp without arguments to see the list of supported archive formats. The special version ucat acts as wrapper for commands that can output the extracted data to standard output, like bzip (bzcat), gzip (zcat), tar, zip and others. USAGE
unp extracts one or more files given as arguments on the command line. Additionally, it may pass some options to the backend tools (like tar options) when they are appended after `--'. There is also a special option (-u) which is very useful for extracting Debian packages. Using -u, unp extracts the package (i.e. the ar archive) first, then extracts data.tar.gz in the current directory and then control.tar.gz in control/<filename>/. NOTES
unp will try to decompress into a FILE.unp if it get trouble with existing files. But don't count on this feature, always look for free working space before using unp. Unlike gunzip, which decompresses the file in the target directory of the source file, unp uses the current directory for output. AUTHOR
Development started by Andre Karwath <andre.karwath@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de> Now maintained and packaged for Debian by Eduard Bloch <blade@debian.org> 18 Feb 2001 unp(1)