Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Looking for equal to Visual Studio for Unix Post 302136456 by umen on Tuesday 18th of September 2007 02:11:32 AM
Old 09-18-2007
Looking for equal to Visual Studio for Unix

Hello all
Im looking for IDE to edit / compile / debug similar to VC++ on windows
I need it for verity of UNIX platforms, what do you think is the best tool to use
And that its learning carve is easy ( as much as possible) .
Thanks

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Visual Studio .Net

How can I create and run a stand-alone console application in Visual Studio .Net ? (cpp-file)....... ...thanks for any help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pennywize
4 Replies

2. Programming

Connect to UNIX server with Visual Basic

Is there any possibility to develop an application using Visual Basic that connects to a unix server (using SSH) and run some commands? I will try to describe what i need : The user should enter the server adress, username and password! Than the user must enter some "filenames" and after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SuperDuck
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not equal to in Unix

Guys, I am trying to do below operation LAST_TRANSACTION=2 if ]; then # do something fi If the LAST_TRANSACTION variable is not equal to 1 or 2 or 3 then code inside the if block should be execute. This code is not working, Any help is appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
7 Replies

4. Programming

Debug with VIsual Studio 6, cpp project

Hi, I"m trying to debug one project in VS6 this is cpp ,with source/headers/resource files. I need to start program from terminal with some parameters, e.g. c> feetcmd -a param1 -d param2, now this program going into the loop and the whole PC is frozen, I tried to do TASK_MANAGER/right... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: trento17
6 Replies

5. Solaris

How to FTP (get multiple) unix files to windows using visual basic 6

How to FTP (get multiple) unix files to windows using visual basic 6. I am a list of files in my unix location, need to ftp those files to windows machine using Visual basic 6 or VBA macros. Thanks in Advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshmani
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Downloading and running Visual Studio Code

Ubuntu 16.04 I tried downloading the .deb package of Visual Studio Code from here but for some reason it won't open. From Activities Overview if I select the program it shows up in the task panel on the left but it just blinks a few times then goes away. I would rather not have to use snap... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
5 Replies
prj2make(prj2make 1.0)													    prj2make(prj2make 1.0)

NAME
prj2make - Makefile generator from Visual Studio and Sharp Develop solution files. SYNOPSIS
prj2make options file DESCRIPTIOn The prj2make tool will produce Makefiles or NMakefiles from Visual Studio solution files (files ending in .sln or .csproj) or SharpDevelop combine files (files ending in .cmbx or .prjx). This tool is commonly used to compile on Unix source code which has been originally developed with Visual Studio or SharpDevelop. This tool can also be used to convert Visual Studio project files (.sln or .csproj) into Sharp Develop .prjx/.cmbx files, use the `-csproj2prjx' for this. By default prj2make will produce Makefiles suitable to be consumed by Unix Make. If your application needs to target nmake, you can use the option `-isNmake'. OPTIONS
-c , -isCsc Use csc instead of mcs on the generated files. -csproj2prjx Runs in conversion mode, and turns a csproj/sln into a set of prjx/cmbx files. -n , -isNmake Produce makefiles suitable to be used by Nmake. MAILING LISTS
Visit http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-list for details. WEB SITE
Visit: http://www.mono-project.com for details SEE ALSO
mcs(1),mono(1),make(1),mono-config(5) prj2make(prj2make 1.0)