Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to burn a CD/DVD in solaris8 environment Post 302136442 by porter on Monday 17th of September 2007 11:25:14 PM
Old 09-18-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by surainbow
.... this DVD can self run when u insert to DVD-Rom
What do you mean "self run", do you mean bootable?

Freeware for Solaris and look for "cdrtools" and "mkisofs".

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to burn a bootable DVD on aix 5.3?

I have a mksysb backup image need burn to a DVD, then it can be used to restore OS in other machine. How to do this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to burn DVD on the fly?

Hi folks, One DVD Writer installed on PC To duplicate Data DVD or DVD Installer I run following steps; 1) $ dd if=/dev/dvd of=image.iso bs=2048 to create an ISO image 2) Remove the DVD disc on the tray and insert a blank DVD disc for burning. Then run; (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sharing DVD Drive in LDoms Environment

I have T5220 server with DVD drive. I have installed few logical domains in the server and wonder how they can share the DVD drive. I have not seen any mention of that in Sun documentation. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
7 Replies

4. AIX

Using mkdvd to create bootable mksysb on dvd reports success but nothing on dvd?

Hello, Running AIX 7.1 7100-00-03-1115, trying to make a mksysb image to a dvd drive using mkdvd. My final command looks like this.. mkdvd -e -V rootvg -R -C /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_fs -I /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_images -M /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/mksysbimage -d /dev/cd0 -Y When i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies
dvdfs(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							  dvdfs(4)

NAME
dvdfs - The Digital Versatile Disk File System [This feature is not supported in Tru64 UNIX Version 5.0] STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: ISO/ITEC 13346:1995 Optical Storage Technology Association (OSTA) Universal Disk Format (UDF) Specification, "OSTA UDF Compliant Domain", Version 2.00. ISO 9660:1988 Information Processing-Volume and file structure of CD-ROM for information interchange. Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The Digital Versatile Disk File System enables the reading of disks formatted in the Universal Disk Format (UDF). User data sectors in a DVD-ROM can contain any type of data in any format. However, for Tru64 UNIX support through the dvdfs file system, the OSTA UDF file format standard is mandatory. The file system limit for DVDFS is int cfs_cdfs_mount_limit = 512. Additionally, DVD-ROM standards require that the logical sector size and the logical block (the user data block) size be 2048 bytes. DVD support in the UDF specification includes these levels: DVD-ROM (Read-only): Supports reading of UDF-formated files from DVD-ROM disks. DVD-R (Write-once): Supports the reading of UDF-formated files from a DVD-ROM disk and supports writing, one time, UDF-formated files onto a DVD-ROM disk. DVD-RAM (Rewritable): Supports reading and writing of UDF-formated files from and to a DVD-ROM disk. At this time, the Tru64 UNIX dvdfs file system supports only the DVD-ROM (Read-only) format. See mount(8) for information about mounting and unmounting a dvdfs file system, fstab(4) for information about including dvdfs file system in a system's /etc/fstab file, and disklabel(8) for information about labeling DVD-ROM disks. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: disklabel(8), mount(8) Files: cdfs(4) fstab(4) delim off dvdfs(4)