Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to burn a CD/DVD in solaris8 environment Post 302136439 by surainbow on Monday 17th of September 2007 11:12:57 PM
Old 09-18-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by porter
Do you mean data DVD?

What is a "self-Run iso date"?

The two main programs that would help are...

mkisofs - for creating the filsystem layout

cdrecord - for writing to a disk
"Date DVD" mean is there are some date in DVD disk.
"self-run iso date" mean is after u burn the iso date in a DVD disk, this DVD can self run when u insert to DVD-Rom

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to burn a bootable DVD on aix 5.3?

I have a mksysb backup image need burn to a DVD, then it can be used to restore OS in other machine. How to do this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to burn DVD on the fly?

Hi folks, One DVD Writer installed on PC To duplicate Data DVD or DVD Installer I run following steps; 1) $ dd if=/dev/dvd of=image.iso bs=2048 to create an ISO image 2) Remove the DVD disc on the tray and insert a blank DVD disc for burning. Then run; (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sharing DVD Drive in LDoms Environment

I have T5220 server with DVD drive. I have installed few logical domains in the server and wonder how they can share the DVD drive. I have not seen any mention of that in Sun documentation. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
7 Replies

4. AIX

Using mkdvd to create bootable mksysb on dvd reports success but nothing on dvd?

Hello, Running AIX 7.1 7100-00-03-1115, trying to make a mksysb image to a dvd drive using mkdvd. My final command looks like this.. mkdvd -e -V rootvg -R -C /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_fs -I /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_images -M /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/mksysbimage -d /dev/cd0 -Y When i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies
DARES(1)																  DARES(1)

NAME
dares - rescue files from damaged CDs and DVDs SYNOPSIS
dares -i image -s path [-h2i h2i_file] [-a] [-m] [-llogfile] dares-qt [-i image] [-s path] [-h2i h2i_file] [-a] [-m] [-llogfile] DESCRIPTION
Dares scans a CD/DVD image or a CD/DVD and tries to find files. It does not depend on filesystem information, but instead uses the Magic library to identify files. Doing it this way Dares can recover files even when the filesystem (ISO-9660 or UDF) on the disc is damaged and cannot be mounted anymore. Dares can use H2cdimage (ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/ct/ctsi/h2cdimage.zip) files to rescue data from heavily damaged optical discs. OPTIONS
-i CD/DVD image file or device. -s Directory where the rescued files shall be stored. -h2i Optional h2i file for the CD/DVD image. -a Store all found files without any user interaction. -m Use Mime types instead of a description. -l Logfile (default: dares.log) AUTHOR
dares was written by Oliver Diedrich <odi@ct.heise.de>. This manual page was written by Michael Hanke <michael.hanke@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Michael Hanke Oktober 2005 DARES(1)