Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting export equivalent command in PERL Post 302136401 by drl on Monday 17th of September 2007 03:46:34 PM
Old 09-17-2007
Hi.

Only for child processes (unless you were to use eval in hte shell for the output of the perl script). See How to use $ENV in Perl to change enviroment variable - LinuxQuestions.org for a recent discussion ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl equivalent of ksh if / echo statement

Is there an equivalent perl statement for the following ksh statement ? example if then ... else ... fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl equivalent to grep -c

Guess the subject lines says it all. What is the perl equivalent to grep -c -c, --count Suppress normal output; instead print a count of match- ing lines for each input file. With the -v, --invert- match option (see below), count non-matching lines. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

strtok equivalent in perl

Hi All, Is their any equivalent for strtok (in c) to use in perl script. Thanks in advance. JS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash equivalent of perl's pack function ?

Is there an equivalent of perl's pack function in bash ? Or in other words, how can I achieve the same thing in bash ? Much appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewDeb
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression matching in BASH (equivalent of =~ in Perl)

In Perl I can write a condition that evaluates a match expression like this: if ($foo =~ /^bar/) { do blah blah blah } How do I write this in shell? What I need to know is what operator do I use? The '=~' doesn't seem to fit. I've tried different operators, I browsed the man page for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiana_tas
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need perl equivalent

Dear All, Good day, can any of you help me in the following problem: I need to find the perl equivalent for the following commandline grep characters |awk '{print \$2}'Expecting your reply and thanks in advance. Warm regards Fredrick. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fredrick
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep -v equivalent in perl

I have to do grep -v in a perl script. I want to exclude blank lines and lines having visitor. #grep -v visitor abc.txt |grep '.' file:abc.txt 1340 not booked 16D:D9 tourist 8 1341 not booked 16C:D4 tourist 25 1342 not booked 16D:C4 visitor 7 1343 not booked 01C:D9 visitor 6 1344... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dynamax
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the equivalent of NR (awk) in perl?

Hello, I searched online; it seems that perl use $NR as NR in awk; however it does not work for me. For example, how to re-write the following awk using perl: awk '{ print NR}' inputfile---------- Post updated at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:49 PM ---------- I found... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl equivalent substitution

hi Geeks, my input file contains data like => 53 - Deewana Kar Raha Hai.mp3 54 - Hale Dil.mp3 55 - Ishq Sufiyana.mp3 56 - Abhi Kuch Dino Se.mp3 57 - Pee Loon Hoto Ki Sargam.mp3 I had used sed command to remove the prefix from the file name like sed 's/^\ it gives me the perfect... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lohith.dutta
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Perl equivalent to the ksh | and ;

Ive been trying to move to Perl. It has been a struggle. My question is, is there a good resource that explains nesting statements. As an example. To change primary Factory CTS 1.9.0(46) P1 *Slot 1 CTS 1.10.2(42) P1 To primary *Slot 1 CTS 1.10.2(42) P1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
5 Replies
doctools::nroff::man_macros(3tcl)				Documentation tools				 doctools::nroff::man_macros(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
doctools::nroff::man_macros - Default CSS style for NROFF export plugins SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require doctools::nroff::man_macros ?0.1? ::doctools::nroff::man_macros::contents _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a single command providing access to the definition of the nroff man macro set to use for NROFF markup generated by the various NROFF export plugins. This is an internal package of doctools, for use by export plugins, i.e. the packages converting doctools related documented into other formats, most notably nroff. API
::doctools::nroff::man_macros::contents This command returns the text of the default CSS style to use for NROFF generated by the various NROFF export plugins. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category doctools of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
doctools, export, macros, man_macros, nroff, plugin CATEGORY
Documentation tools COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2009 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> doctools2base 0.1 doctools::nroff::man_macros(3tcl)