Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to start a c++ exe on unix from windows. Post 302136237 by porter on Sunday 16th of September 2007 05:05:51 PM
Old 09-16-2007
Use Putty's plink.exe which is basically an ssh client to run the server program through sshd.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how To edit exe to insert a serial no wich can be usd by runing exe

At time of installation I have to open the resource. and i have to insert a string serial number in the exe. please provide me code to edit the exe (in solaris) to insert a serial number which can be used by exe at run time. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssahu
6 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

start windows appl. from unix

Is it possible to start a windows applications such as mail merge in word from a unix machine (sco-unix, digital osf). Why to do this ? Most people known word to create nice documents, but we want to print this documents with our information (name, adresses etc.. like a mailing. This info... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dplancke
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to login remotly to server and start exe

Hello Unix Guru I need help to write the shell script My requirement is i have to start exe in unix hosts ( 20 unix server) through shell script . currently i have to login to all host rlogin -l testadmin servername /users/testadmin/bolt/ source boltsrc ./executor start ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: getdpg
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple instances of windows exe from unix

Hi, I have a requirement to run multiple instances of an .exe file present in windows server from unix machine. The number of threads to be invoked is determined dynamically based on a variable field. We will be passing some parameters to windows .exe file for each instance. I am a unix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
2 Replies

5. Programming

how can I get to know what threads run within process java.exe on windows

I am writing java application on windows. There are more than 100 threads run within java.exe. I want to know what threads run within process java.exe so that I can find out if there are abnormal java threads. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mika
4 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Start windows application (.bat) from Unix

How can I start an application sitting on a windows machine (XP) from Unix shell script (AIX server) ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkan
6 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Customizing XUbuntu 12.04 Live CD - Start my Exe Automatically

Hi all http://ubuntuforums.org/images/smilies/smiley-faces-80.gif, I am customizing the LIVE CD of Xubuntu 12.04.. I removed the ubiquity package and changed the live username and hostname using uck-gui.. I am almost done with the customization. Now after the splash screen , the text in motd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selvarajvss
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows exe file fails when triggered from ssh

Hi, I am triggering a windows exe file using the below command. ssh user@remoteserver command.exe -option1:xx /option2:yy This command is working fine from windows command prompt. When I am triggering the same command from ssh I get the error message cant load Any ideas to deal with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Seen Windows pc, having all the features of Linux, could exe, read and edit save like windows

Hi, totally new to linux base using windows when started learning and using computers. but i remember that one pc was there , look alike windows desktop, but could not do the task as windows just click and open and view edit etc. But, you could do a little differently even saving in and opening... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jraju
8 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Cant get responsive terminal when I ssh from Windows to Linux using putty.exe

I ssh from Windows to Linux server and execute a few commands. I have ssh keys setup between them and works fine. The commands get executed on the Linux server however I wish to stay on the Linux terminal that was opened by putty.exe. However, the terminal simply does the job and closes. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies
SSH-LDAP-HELPER(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					SSH-LDAP-HELPER(8)

NAME
ssh-ldap-helper -- sshd helper program for ldap support SYNOPSIS
ssh-ldap-helper [-devw] [-f file] [-s user] DESCRIPTION
ssh-ldap-helper is used by sshd(1) to access keys provided by an LDAP. ssh-ldap-helper is disabled by default and can only be enabled in the sshd configuration file /etc/ssh/sshd_config by setting AuthorizedKeysCommand to ``/usr/libexec/openssh/ssh-ldap-wrapper''. ssh-ldap-helper is not intended to be invoked by the user, but from sshd(8) via ssh-ldap-wrapper. The options are as follows: -d Set the debug mode; ssh-ldap-helper prints all logs to stderr instead of syslog. -e Implies -w; ssh-ldap-helper halts if it encounters an unknown item in the ldap.conf file. -f ssh-ldap-helper uses this file as the ldap configuration file instead of /etc/ssh/ldap.conf (default). -s ssh-ldap-helper prints out the user's keys to stdout and exits. -v Implies -d; increases verbosity. -w ssh-ldap-helper writes warnings about unknown items in the ldap.conf configuration file. SEE ALSO
sshd(8), sshd_config(5), ssh-ldap.conf(5), HISTORY
ssh-ldap-helper first appeared in OpenSSH 5.5 + PKA-LDAP . AUTHORS
Jan F. Chadima <jchadima@redhat.com> BSD
April 29, 2010 BSD