Full Discussion: Help need in Grep Command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help need in Grep Command Post 302136200 by robotronic on Sunday 16th of September 2007 09:09:01 AM
Uh sorry... Post deleted Smilie

Test Your Knowledge in Computers #312
Difficulty: Easy
Linus Torvalds created Unix and Git.
True or False?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use grep command?

Hi, I'd like to grep text within the subdirectory of current directory. I tried grep something ./* and grep something .*/* and non of them worked. I need to use * because I would not know which file in reality. Does anyone know what is wrong with my grep command? I know the something is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command

Hi, I'd like to use grep command to filter something from all the directories that above my directory. How do I do that? I tried 'grep something ./*' but I didn't get anything which I knew there is something inside one of the subdirectory. thnks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep command

Hi, how to search all occurance of keyword in current directory files and sub folder's files also using grep command. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avadhani
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to exclude the GREP command from GREP

I am doing "ps -f" to see my process. but I get lines that one of it represents the ps command itself. I want to grep it out using -v flag, but than I get another process that belongs to the GREP itself : I would like to exclude # ps -f UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yamsin789
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep Command Help Please

Morning I am doing an assignemtn usuing the grep command on 3 files which we have been given and I need to work out how to do the following and really need some help because im so stuck. so I have these 3 that im stuck on 3. The command wc -l will count the number of lines in the standard... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: artfulglv19
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

can anyone help with shell script command about searching word with grep command?

i want to search in the current directory all the files that contain one word for example "hello" i want to achieve it with the grep command but not with the grep * (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aintour
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with grep command

I would like to use the grep command to authenticate user. my code looks something like: echo "please enter username" read "user" user = "$user" grep ..... dont know how to carry on from here. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tee22
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with using grep command with copy command

Hi, im taking an entry Unix class, and as part of my lab assignment I have to copy all files in the /home/david/lab3 directory that have the file extension .save to your lab3/temp directory. I'm having trouble getting the grep to do anything worth while I've been trying to do: cp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Critical jeff
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep command

I am using below command to grep a string in all the dir/subdir: find /home -exec grep 'balance1212' {} /dev/null \; I'm getting a lot of lines like below: grep: can't open /home/shared/argr find: cannot open /home/shared/srpt/.ssh I want to see only the file having the string... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command giving different result for different users for same command

Hello, I am running below command as root user #nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch count" Memtable switch count: 12 Where as when I try to run same command as another user it gives different result. #su -l zabbix -s /bin/bash -c "nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pushpraj
10 Replies
POPPER(8)                                                   BSD System Manager's Manual                                                  POPPER(8)

NAME
popper -- POP3 server SYNOPSIS
popper [-k] [-a plaintext|otp|sasl] [-t file] [-T seconds] [-d] [-i] [-p port] [--address-log=file] DESCRIPTION
popper serves mail via the Post Office Protocol. Supported options include: -a plaintext|otp|sasl Tells popper which authentication mode is acceptable, sasl enables SASL (RFC2222), and otp enables OTP (RFC1938) authentication. Both disable plaintext passwords. --address-log=file Logs the addresses (along with a timestamp) of all clients to the specified file. This can be used to implement POP-before-SMTP authentication. -d Enables more verbose log messages. -i When not started by inetd, this flag tells popper that it has to create a socket by itself. -k Tells popper to use Kerberos for authentication. This is the traditional way of doing Kerberos authentication, and is normally done on a separate port (as it doesn't follow RFC1939), and should be used instead of using SASL. -p port Port to listen to, in combination with -i. -t file Trace all commands to file. -T seconds Set timeout to something other than the default of 120 seconds. SEE ALSO
push(8), movemail(8) STANDARDS
RFC1939 (Post Office Protocol - Version 3) AUTHORS
The server was initially developed at the University of California, Berkeley. Many changes have been made as part of the KTH Kerberos distributions. HEIMDAL July 14, 2004 HEIMDAL

Featured Tech Videos