Top Forums Programming Need Linux GUI based DVD burner Post 302136184 by karthikn7974 on Sunday 16th of September 2007 02:10:52 AM
Question Need Linux GUI based DVD burner

Hi, Need a linux gui based DVD burner. I am supposed to backup 10GB every day and so need an application, where if i drag and drop 10 gb of parent folder. then it should prompt for next cd, once 4.7gb of DVD is burnt.is there any way or any script that i can convert to GUI.

Thanks in advance Smilie

Test Your Knowledge in Computers #212
Difficulty: Medium
According to OSPF, an autonomous system boundary router is a router that is connected by using more than one routing protocol and that exchanges routing information with routers autonomous systems.
True or False?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

cd/dvd burner

Hi there! I have mandrake linux and my cd- and dvd-burner appear as normal cd-rom drives. My Cd-burner is from plextor and the dvd-burner from sony. Do I need new drivers? and where can I find some? And which burning programms are good for linux? thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mysth
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GUI Based RPM

Hi, How to create GUI based RPM. I am using Red Hat.. Please explain in detail. Thanks Kammy. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjannu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

gui based appliocation using shell script

hi, i've to write a shript based application which should gives a look and feel like a GUI. can any one give me a base idea on how to design a GUI based application using shell script. Regards, vijay:b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to install dvd/cd burner

Good morning I have a Sun Ultra_60 with Solaris_8 station, you can guide me as I have to install a DVD burner? that need to record programs? A Greeting :D (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grymorum
5 Replies

5. Programming

Open source my WGI, a GUI lib based entirely OIOIC

What WGI? WGI is doing what MFC has done, to encapsulate API, BUT WGI uses OIOIC, instead of C++. to download WGI 1.0.2 source code: Downloads - oic-wgi - Project Hosting on Google Code node WDialog ---> corresponding MFC's CDialog node WMenu ---> corresponding MFC's CMenu node WButton... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pervise.zhao
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in GUI based program on Sun Solaris

Hello! I am trying to run a program which has used Xlib for its graphical user interface on Solaris through Common Desktop Environment(CDE). All I get is my three required widows open but all blank.They suppose to show some symbols, pictures ad buttons.In the command terminal the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asif92
1 Replies

7. Hardware

inability to use cd rom or dvd burner

Here is my conundrum . I am unable to access my cd or dvd after I supposedly alter the BIOS setting to enable a "Live" CD or DVD to be used. Would ,changing the Hard Drive or Motherboard remedy the situation. Thanking you, katosan:wall::wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katosan
2 Replies
nautilus-cd-burner(1)						   User Commands					     nautilus-cd-burner(1)

NAME
nautilus-cd-burner - Nautilus CD-writing utility SYNOPSIS
nautilus-cd-burner [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
nautilus-cd-burner provides a quick, convenient, drag-and-drop interface to write to CD-ROMs directly from the Nautilus file manager. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching Nautilus CD-Writing Utility example% nautilus-cd-burner EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/nautilus-cd-burExecutable for Nautilus CD-writing utility ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-cd-burner | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. nautilus(1), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Niall Power, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 7 Sep 2004 nautilus-cd-burner(1)

Featured Tech Videos