Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: formatting output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting formatting output Post 302136130 by balaji_prk on Saturday 15th of September 2007 09:23:04 AM
Old 09-15-2007
Yes.. that solved my problem.. thanks a lot dude.. you people rock Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the output

Hi all, Have the following code(1) producing the results(2 & 3). Would like to know if there is a way to format the two reports created in a similar fashion. IE - The first is formatted nicely as a result of the echo "$xmpbdate $xavgs" >> $xmpbrpt However when I attempt to do the same on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Output

Hi I tried running the below awk 'BEGIN { printf ("%s %-51s %s %-7s %s",$var1,$var2,$var3,$var4,$var5)}' from the command prompt and it is not working. Getting the error awk: Field $() is not correct. The source line number is 1. Actually my requirement is to form a string based on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

more help with formatting ls output...

Ok, for a fun project, my goal is to replicate the style of "catalog" on an old apple ] *A 002 SOMEAPPLESOFTFILE B 004 SOMEFILE T 006 SOMETEXT I 002 SOMEINTEGERFILE The first character is either " " or "*" depending on if the file is locked or not. Next is the filetype, so in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patrick99e99
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting ls output

I am using find and ls to search for "warez" files on my server. find /home/ -regex ".*\.\(avi\|mp3\|mpeg\|mpg\|iso\)" -print0 | xargs -0 ls -oh This command produces this: -rw-r--r-- 1 1000 3.2M Feb 18 2009 /home/user/public_html/lupus.mp3 I want to only get this 3.2M... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonrad
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting output

Sorry for being a n00b, but I'm having a lot more trouble than I should with formatting the output to the program I finally completed. I'm basically looking for the linux equivalent to setw( ) from c++ so that I can print things in columns like this (but without the underlines lol): MISSPELLED: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aikaterinimak
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting of output

Hi Experts, I have to create a report for certain audit and my output looks as follows I m trying to format my output to look like Any inputs would be highly appreciated Thanks Syed (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output Formatting

Hi Guys I need help removing some lines from output i am receiving from a shell script. Here is the output: http://i52.tinypic.com/10z0fut.png I am trying to remove the output that i have circled. . ${EDW}/extracts/bin/extracts_setup2.sh . ${EDW}/extracts/extracts.conf ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mooey1232003
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the output

Hi, I have a file which contents entries in this form. Only in /data4/temp abc.000001 Only in /data4/temp abc.000003 Only in /data4/temp abc.000012 Only in /data4/temp abc.000120 Only in /data4/temp abc.000133 Only in /data4/temp abc.001444 i want to read line by line and format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
2 Replies

9. AIX

Help Formatting Output

I am using FORTRAN 90 on AIX 5.3 and need to output my data to a tab-delimited file. It must have actual tabs, and I cannot figure out a way to make it work. The resulting file will be imported into another application (quickbooks) as an .iif file....for some reason, it needs the tabs; spaces do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KathyB148
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the Output

Hi, I am trying to use printf command and format certain output in a specific format as under: While the left side (upto |) of the above format is part of a fixed header function, the right side is where i am expecting data to be printed. However, as seen, Row1 value is reflecting on last... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
5 Replies
IMAP(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 IMAP(3pm)

NAME
Cyrus::IMAP - Interface to Cyrus imclient library SYNOPSIS
use Cyrus::IMAP; my $client = Cyrus::IMAP->new('mailhost'[, $flags]); $flags = Cyrus::IMAP::CONN_NONSYNCLITERAL; ($server, $mailbox) = Cyrus::IMAP->fromURL($url); $url = Cyrus::IMAP->toURL($server, $mailbox); $client->setflags($flags); $client->clearflags(Cyrus::IMAP::CONN_INITIALRESPONSE); $flags = $client->flags; $server = $client->servername; $client->authenticate; $flags = Cyrus::IMAP::CALLBACK_NUMBERED || Cyrus::IMAP::CALLBACK_NOLITERAL; $client->addcallback({-trigger => $str, -flags => $flags, -callback => &cb, -rock => $var}, ...); $client->send(&callback, &cbdata, $format, ...); $client->processoneevent; ($result, $text) = $client->send(undef, undef, $format, ...); ($fd, $writepending) = $client->getselectinfo; DESCRIPTION
The Cyrus::IMAP module provides an interface to the Cyrus imclient library. These are primarily useful for implementing cyradm operations within a Perl script; there are easier ways to implement general client operations, although they may be more limited in terms of authentication options when talking to a Cyrus imapd. In the normal case, one will attach to a Cyrus server and authenticate using the best available method: my $client = Cyrus::IMAP::new('imap'); $client->authenticate; if (!$client->send('', '', 'CREATE %s', 'user.' . $username)) { warn "createmailbox user.$username: $@"; } In simple mode as used above, "send()" is invoked with "undef", 0, or '' for the callback and rock (callback data) arguments; it returns a list of "($result, $text)" from the command. If invoked in scalar context, it returns $result and places $text in $@. In this mode, there is no need to use "processoneevent()". If more control is desired, use the callback and rock arguments and invoke "processoneevent()" regularly to receive results from the IMAP server. If still more control is needed, the "getselectinfo()" method returns a list containing a file descriptor (not Perl filehandle) which can be passed to select(); if the second element of the list is true, you should include it in the write mask as well as the read mask because the imclient library needs to perform queued output. For more information, consult the Cyrus documentation. NOTES
"send()" behaves as if the "Cyrus::IMAP::CONN_NONSYNCLITERAL" flag is always set. This is because it is a wrapper for the C version, which cannot be made directly available from Perl, and synchronous literals require interaction with the IMAP server while parsing the format string. This is planned to be fixed in the future. The 'LOGIN' mechanism can be used to authenticate with a plaintext username and password. This is intended as a workaround for a bug in early SASL implementations; use of Cyrus::IMAP with non-Cyrus servers is not recommended, primarily because there are easier ways to implement IMAP client functionality in Perl. (However, if you need SASL support, "Cyrus::IMAP" is currently the only way to get it.) The file descriptor returned by "getselectinfo()" should not be used for anything other than "select()". In particular, I/O on the file descriptor will almost certainly cause more problems than whatever problem you think you are trying to solve. The toURL and fromURL routines are to ease conversion between URLs and IMAP mailbox and server combinations, and are a simple frontend for the libcyrus functions of the same name. The imparse library routines are not implemented, because they are little more than a (failed) attempt to make parsing as simple in C as it is in Perl. This module exists primarily so we can integrate Cyrus administration into our Perl-based account management system, and secondarily so that we can rewrite cyradm in a sensible language instead of Tcl. Usability for other purposes is not guaranteed. AUTHORs Brandon S. Allbery <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>, Rob Siemborski <rjs3+@andrew.cmu.edu> SEE ALSO
Cyrus::IMAP::Admin perl(1), cyradm(1), imclient(3), imapd(8). perl v5.14.2 2012-04-19 IMAP(3pm)