Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Site Performance
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Site Performance Post 302135985 by Perderabo on Friday 14th of September 2007 12:48:31 AM
Old 09-14-2007
Right this second, things seem ok. But even before the today's performance tweaks, there were periods where things semmed ok. So I will wait at least 1 full day before I respond to the poll. And then I will base my vote on the worst case I saw. I hope that this will result in a more useful data point. Or should I take the word "now" in the poll more literally?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Site Performance II

I have updated the backend hosting for UNIX.COM and would appreciate feedback either in the form of a vote in the poll or a post so that we can plan for more changes if any are needed. In particular let me us know if you see any strange behavior from the site as there may still be some... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: reborg
8 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Announcing collectl - new performance linux performance monitor

About 4 years ago I wrote this tool inspired by Rob Urban's collect tool for DEC's Tru64 Unix. What makes this tool as different as collect was in its day is its ability to run at a low overhead and collect tons of stuff. I've expanded the general concept and even include data not available in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkSeger
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

port access to site to site VPN

Setup a site to site VPN between two cisco routers. One of the site locations is unable to access ports such as https://example.com:9001 How do I let them go into port 9001? They can ssh, ftp, telnet and everything else. Is this a VPN issue or ACL access issue? I put permit ip host... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
0 Replies

4. Web Development

Web Site Performance Issue

Hi All, I am currently managing a web site. I find that during the peak time period,ie,between 1300hrs to 2100hrs everyday,the response slows down whenever i access the applications hosted by the server.However when i try to access the static content in the web server,it loads quickly. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

How to establish site to site vpn - Linux machine and cisco asa?

Hi, I am trying to establish vpn between my linux server and cisco asa at client side. I installed openswan on my cent os. Linux Server eth0 - 182.2.29.10 Gateway - 182.2.29.1 eth1 - 192.9.200.75 I have simple IPtables Like WAN="eth0" LAN="eth1" (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

Does cisco 1921 router support site to site VPNs using IPSec?

Q: "Does Cisco 1921 router support,, act as an endpoint for, site to site VPNs using IPSec? If so, how many? " A: If you get the Cisco 1921/k9 with the security services bundle then it will have built in security features. Cisco, typically includes IP Sec tunnels I believe as part of that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

IPSec Openswan Site to Site VPN - Big Pain

Hi @all, I try to connect 2 LANs with IPSec/Openswan LAN 1: 192.168.0.0/24 LAN 2: 192.168.1.0/24 This is my Config: conn HomeVPN # # Left security gateway, subnet behind it, nexthop toward right. left=192.168.1.29 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bahnhasser83
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Is this site for me?

Hello, I am new here and my name is Robert. I was actually looking for a forums website where I can go with questions regarding Linux and embedded Linux applications. I am fairly new (6 months) to the world of Linux and embedded Linux applications and the the learning curve is steep. When I am not... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
13 Replies
ruptime(1)						      General Commands Manual							ruptime(1)

NAME
ruptime - Displays the status of each host on a network SYNOPSIS
ruptime [-ar] [-l | -t | -u] ruptime [-ar] [-l | -t | -u] [machinename] The ruptime command displays the status of each host on a local network that is running the rwhod daemon. If machinename is specified, only the status of that machine is displayed. OPTIONS
Includes all users. Without this option, users whose sessions are idle an hour or more are not included. Sorts the list by the load aver- age over 5-, 10-, and 15-minute intervals prior to a server's transmission. The load averages are multiplied by 10 to represent the value in decimal format. Reverses the sort order. Sorts the list by the length of uptime. Sorts the list by the number of users. DESCRIPTION
The status lines are sorted by hostname unless the -l, -t, or -u option is indicated. The status information is provided in packets broad- cast once every 3 minutes by each network host running rwhod. Any activity (such as the power to a host being turned on or off) that takes place between broadcasts is not reflected until the next broadcast. Hosts for which no status information is received for 11 minutes are reported as down. EXAMPLES
To get a status report on the hosts on the local network, enter: $ ruptime Information similar to the following is displayed: host1 up 5:15, 4 users, load 0.09, 0.04, 0.04 host2 up 7:45, 3 users, load 0.08, 0.07, 0.04 host3 up 2:28, 0 users, load 0.01, 0.02, 0.03 host4 up 3+01:44, 1 user, load 0.01, 0.02, 0.03 host7 up 7:43, 1 user, load 0.06, 0.12, 0.11 (Output may be formatted differently on your system.) To get a status report sorted by load average, enter: $ ruptime -l Information similar to the following is displayed: host2 up 7:45, 3 users, load 0.08, 0.07, 0.04 host1 up 5:18, 4 users, load 0.07, 0.07, 0.04 host7 up 7:43, 1 user, load 0.06, 0.12, 0.11 host3 up 2:28, 0 users, load 0.01, 0.02, 0.03 host4 up 3+01:44, 1 user, load 0.01, 0.02, 0.03 (Output may be formatted differently on your system.) FILES
Indicates data files received from remote rwhod daemons. SEE ALSO
Commands: rwho(1), rwhod(8) ruptime(1)