Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: formatting output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting formatting output Post 302135952 by zazzybob on Thursday 13th of September 2007 07:09:29 PM
Old 09-13-2007
Code:
$ awk 'BEGIN{FS=","} {printf("%s:\n%s=%s\n",$1,$2,$3)}' test.csv 
HOSTNAME:
name=host_test
HOSTNAME2:
name=host2_test
HOSTNAME3:
name=host3_test

Cheers,
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the output

Hi all, Have the following code(1) producing the results(2 & 3). Would like to know if there is a way to format the two reports created in a similar fashion. IE - The first is formatted nicely as a result of the echo "$xmpbdate $xavgs" >> $xmpbrpt However when I attempt to do the same on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Output

Hi I tried running the below awk 'BEGIN { printf ("%s %-51s %s %-7s %s",$var1,$var2,$var3,$var4,$var5)}' from the command prompt and it is not working. Getting the error awk: Field $() is not correct. The source line number is 1. Actually my requirement is to form a string based on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

more help with formatting ls output...

Ok, for a fun project, my goal is to replicate the style of "catalog" on an old apple ] *A 002 SOMEAPPLESOFTFILE B 004 SOMEFILE T 006 SOMETEXT I 002 SOMEINTEGERFILE The first character is either " " or "*" depending on if the file is locked or not. Next is the filetype, so in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patrick99e99
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting ls output

I am using find and ls to search for "warez" files on my server. find /home/ -regex ".*\.\(avi\|mp3\|mpeg\|mpg\|iso\)" -print0 | xargs -0 ls -oh This command produces this: -rw-r--r-- 1 1000 3.2M Feb 18 2009 /home/user/public_html/lupus.mp3 I want to only get this 3.2M... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonrad
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting output

Sorry for being a n00b, but I'm having a lot more trouble than I should with formatting the output to the program I finally completed. I'm basically looking for the linux equivalent to setw( ) from c++ so that I can print things in columns like this (but without the underlines lol): MISSPELLED: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aikaterinimak
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting of output

Hi Experts, I have to create a report for certain audit and my output looks as follows I m trying to format my output to look like Any inputs would be highly appreciated Thanks Syed (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output Formatting

Hi Guys I need help removing some lines from output i am receiving from a shell script. Here is the output: http://i52.tinypic.com/10z0fut.png I am trying to remove the output that i have circled. . ${EDW}/extracts/bin/extracts_setup2.sh . ${EDW}/extracts/extracts.conf ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mooey1232003
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the output

Hi, I have a file which contents entries in this form. Only in /data4/temp abc.000001 Only in /data4/temp abc.000003 Only in /data4/temp abc.000012 Only in /data4/temp abc.000120 Only in /data4/temp abc.000133 Only in /data4/temp abc.001444 i want to read line by line and format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
2 Replies

9. AIX

Help Formatting Output

I am using FORTRAN 90 on AIX 5.3 and need to output my data to a tab-delimited file. It must have actual tabs, and I cannot figure out a way to make it work. The resulting file will be imported into another application (quickbooks) as an .iif file....for some reason, it needs the tabs; spaces do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KathyB148
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the Output

Hi, I am trying to use printf command and format certain output in a specific format as under: While the left side (upto |) of the above format is part of a fixed header function, the right side is where i am expecting data to be printed. However, as seen, Row1 value is reflecting on last... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
5 Replies
dtest(1)							   USER COMMANDS							  dtest(1)

NAME
dtest - simple uDAPL send/receive and RDMA test SYNOPSIS
dtest [-P provider] [-b buf size] [-B burst count][-v] [-c] [-p] [-d] [-s] dtest [-P provider] [-b buf size] [-B burst count][-v] [-c] [-p] [-d] [-h HOSTNAME] DESCRIPTION
dtest is a simple test used to exercise and verify the uDAPL interfaces. At least two instantiations of the test must be run. One acts as the server and the other the client. The server side of the test, once invoked listens for connection requests, until timing out or killed. Upon receipt of a cd connection request, the connection is established, the server and client sides exchange information necessary to per- form RDMA writes and reads. OPTIONS
-P=PROVIDER use PROVIDER to specify uDAPL interface using /etc/dat.conf (default OpenIB-cma) -b=BUFFER_SIZE use buffer size BUFFER_SIZE for RDMA(default 64) -B=BURST_COUNT use busrt count BURST_COUNT for interations (default 10) -v, verbose output(default off) -c, use consumer notification events (default off) -p, use polling (default wait for event) -d, delay in seconds before close (default off) -s, run as server (default - run as server) -h=HOSTNAME use HOSTNAME to specify server hostname or IP address (default - none) EXAMPLES
dtest -P OpenIB-cma -v -s Starts a server process with debug verbosity using provider OpenIB-cma. dtest -P OpenIB-cma -h server1-ib0 Starts a client process, using OpenIB-cma provider to connect to hostname server1-ib0. SEE ALSO
dapltest(1) AUTHORS
Arlin Davis <ardavis@ichips.intel.com> BUGS
uDAPL 1.2 February 23, 2007 dtest(1)