Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cron Jobs for FTP download
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cron Jobs for FTP download Post 302135886 by DILEEP410 on Thursday 13th of September 2007 06:50:23 AM
Old 09-13-2007
Please try the below code :

#!/bin/bash -vx
ftp -in 10.10.10.100<<END_SCRIPT
quote USER abc
quote PASS abcded
bin
prompt off
cd /csi/endeca_chrome/dgraph_input/
lcd /home/endeca/chrome/
mget *
cd /csi/endeca_autos/dgraph_input/
lcd /home/endeca/autos/
mget *
cd /csi/endeca_babe/dgraph_input/
lcd /home/endeca/babe/
mget *
cd /csi/endeca_apt/dgraph_input/
lcd /home/endeca/babe/
mget *
bye
END_SCRIPT

It's working for me and also take a look at the permissions fot the files.

'EPSV': command not understood
was not an error.It was trying to use the extended passive mode ftp.If it was not supported it will automaticall return back to PASV mode.

With Regards
Dileep Pattayath

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON Jobs

Hi, I am a total newbie to all things Unix. I've worked out I need to set up something that will allow me to automatically backup a DB for me, the DB is for a foum system I run. Now, I've only found out I need to use telnet for this, and worked out hwo to log into telnet today. From here... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eludlow
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron jobs

hi folks, I need an explanation on cron jobs with an example (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysabari
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron jobs

I was wondering if itīs possible to cron job not to run on a certian day and time. Iīve got a job that runs everyday at 08:00 but would like it not to run on the 20:th between 08:00 and 10:00 Anyone know if this is possible, and if. How do i do it? regards... dOzY (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dozy
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Cron Jobs

whats up, Have some questions about cron jobs, I am fairly new to the unix os. My cronjob sends all output to my mail, does anyone know how to redirect output to come out on the screen??? Thanks...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewisoco
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Cron Jobs

I'm trying to run cron jobs to start any inhibited processes after a system reboot. I can schedule th cron, but i'm confused as to how to incorporated the reboot, since reboot is scheduled at different times, once every month. How can I write this to start every 15 min after after a reboot ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
2 Replies

6. Linux

cron jobs

I created a php script. I'd like to have it run as a cron job every day at 10:30am. So i added 30 10 * * * /script.php to the cron file Is it possible to run the script on the command line to test it out ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dannyd
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron jobs...

I need to start a job every friday night at 8:00 P.M , it runs all the day on Sat and Sun....can somebody tell me how to do this...I understand crontab...but haven't used it.........can u write some steps.....how to create a file and call.....I honestly dont know? Plz help.Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
2 Replies

8. Linux

Cron jobs

Hi, I am a Linux administrator (newbie) in my company. The distro being used in the servers here is Centos 5.3 Just need to know, as a Linux administrator is it better for me to use /etc/crontab to set my cron jobs. I do not want to use the crontab -e to schedule my cron jobs. That means... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Cron jobs and at jobs

There are two jobs in Solaris , Cron and at jobs.. I know how to disable or enable cron jobs. How can I enable at jobs and disable it. Kindly help. Rj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Cron jobs

I'm running cronjobs on a redhat 5.X. Cronjobs are getting failed frequently so how to find the root cause (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik9358
2 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/ksh93 /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/ksh93 /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/sfw/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. NOTES
Restricted shells should not be listed in /etc/shells. SunOS 5.11 1 Nov 2007 getusershell(3C)