Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Pro*C Update not working from Crontab Post 302135877 by alhallay on Thursday 13th of September 2007 05:15:06 AM
Old 09-13-2007
Data Pro*C Update not working from Crontab

Dear All,

I have writen a Pro*c program that does a data base select,insert,update statements and I have scheduled the program to run from crontab,

It is runing fine for the select insert and commit statement till it reaches the update statement , it throws the following error:

SQL On IPB Account 239907203 - Bill 2411212954

Oracle error, sqlstate is

Error occured. sqlcode = -3114
message = ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

Last SQL statement: update ipb_fix_batch_err_t e set e.STATUS=3,e.e_date=:b0 where (e.bil

At or near line number 2096

Cursor Cache Statistics
------------------------
Maximum value of MAXOPENCURSORS: 10
Maximum open cursors required: 10
Current number of open cursors: 10
Number of cache reassignments: 7
Number of SQL statement parses: 17
Number of SQL statement executions: 21

If I run the program from the command line it runs fine,

Please can any one help me in this, it is so urgent

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab NOT working

Hi, I have put the following entry in crontab and it is NOT working 1 * * * * && /mybin/myjob.sh As today is Sep 26th, Iam using NF-4 to test. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to update the Crontab

Hi Everyone, Each time I do update the crontab, it gets reset after exiting from the telnet session. I'm using Solaris 2.8 So it goes like this: Step 1: Login as root, from a telnet session Step 2: Crontab -e (I make modification) Step 3: Save and exit Step 4: Type crontab -l , changes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeremy3
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab not working

Dear all We have SunOS 5.10 Generic_127127-11 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V250 i have scheduled cronjob but its not working Crontab details 15 15 * * * /d5/oratest/testdb/hotbackup_new.sh TEST247 15 15 * * * mkdir -p rajesh /d4/appltest Crontab log details > CMD: mkdir... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_hv
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab not working

In /oracle folder, I created a file called "script.ksh" using vi command. The content of script.ksh is * * * * * echo "welcome">/tmp/capture.log I want the word "welcome" to be displayed in /tmp/capture.log file every minute. I have created capture.log under /tmp folder. Then in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lg123
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

crontab is not working!!

I can run manually script of ntopdump.sh but crontab can't run this script very five minutes. # crontab -l */3 * * * * root sh /root/ping.sh */5 * * * * root sh /root/ntopdump.sh # # pwd /root # ls -l total 88 -rwxrwxr-x 1 root root 1645 Jun 14 19:01 anaconda-ks.cfg drwxrwxr-x 2 root... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
14 Replies

6. Solaris

crontab not working

Shell = ksh Hi all, I scheduled an automated job on my application server like below, 30 13 * * 1-5 $HOME/my_script.sh However the script was not executed as expected. Any reason that may cause this to happen? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
6 Replies

7. HP-UX

Pro*c binary file is not working

Hi, I have written a sample pro*c code and able compile and create a executable file without any error. But I have to run this binary in some other server by FTPing this binary to other server. The directory structure of ORACLE_HOME for both server is different. I used ORACLE_HOME as... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akhirul
10 Replies

8. Linux

Crontab not working

Hi, I know this is a common topic. I'm trying to launch a perl script using a contab -e entry. I've been trying diff options but nothing seems to work: My cron is running: UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD root 3755 1 0 Nov27 ? 00:00:00 crond This... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krebe
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab update

Hello. We have a big crontab file where we need to comment out for few countries and also uncomment out based on situations . Could someone let us know how this can be done using a script . Sample file look like & here i need to comment/uncomment based on country code . 0-59 ...... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron5174
15 Replies
CRON(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   CRON(8)

NAME
cron - daemon to execute scheduled commands (ISC Cron V4.1) SYNOPSIS
cron [-l load_avg] [-n] DESCRIPTION
Cron should be started from /etc/rc or /etc/rc.local. It will return immediately, so you don't need to start it with '&'. The -n option changes this default behavior causing it to run in the foreground. This can be useful when starting it out of init. Cron searches /var/spool/cron for crontab files which are named after accounts in /etc/passwd; crontabs found are loaded into memory. Cron also searches for /etc/crontab and the files in the /etc/cron.d directory, which are in a different format (see crontab(5)). Cron then wakes up every minute, examining all stored crontabs, checking each command to see if it should be run in the current minute. When execut- ing commands, any output is mailed to the owner of the crontab (or to the user named in the MAILTO environment variable in the crontab, if such exists). Additionally, cron checks each minute to see if its spool directory's modtime (or the modtime on /etc/crontab) has changed, and if it has, cron will then examine the modtime on all crontabs and reload those which have changed. Thus cron need not be restarted whenever a crontab file is modified. Note that the Crontab(1) command updates the modtime of the spool directory whenever it changes a crontab. Daylight Saving Time and other time changes Local time changes of less than three hours, such as those caused by the start or end of Daylight Saving Time, are handled specially. This only applies to jobs that run at a specific time and jobs that are run with a granularity greater than one hour. Jobs that run more fre- quently are scheduled normally. If time has moved forward, those jobs that would have run in the interval that has been skipped will be run immediately. Conversely, if time has moved backward, care is taken to avoid running jobs twice. Time changes of more than 3 hours are considered to be corrections to the clock or timezone, and the new time is used immediately. PAM Access Control On SUSE LINUX systems, crond now supports access control with PAM - see pam(8). A PAM configuration file for crond is installed in /etc/pam.d/crond . crond loads the PAM environment from the pam_env module, but these can be overriden by settings in the crontab file. SIGNALS
On receipt of a SIGHUP, the cron daemon will close and reopen its log file. This is useful in scripts which rotate and age log files. Naturally this is not relevant if cron was built to use syslog(3). CAVEATS
In this version of cron, /etc/crontab must not be writable by any user other than root. No crontab files may be links, or linked to by any other file. No crontab files may be executable, or be writable by any user other than their owner. SEE ALSO
crontab(1), crontab(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
Paul Vixie <vixie@isc.org> 4th Berkeley Distribution 10 January 1996" CRON(8)