Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX fsck! How to run Full File System Check Post 302135778 by hungevntelecom on Wednesday 12th of September 2007 12:15:45 PM
Old 09-12-2007
fsck -o full! Error message

Thanks blowtorch!

I have tried to run fsck -o full and there is a error message like the following:

Code:
#:root> fsck -o full /dev/vg00/lvol8
vxfs fsck: file system had I/O error(s) on meta-data.
log replay in progress
pass0 - checking structural files
pass1 - checking inode sanity and blocks
vxfs fsck: fsck read failure bno = 1566, off = 0, len = 8192
file system check failure, aborting ...

Could you plz tell me what is the meaning of the above out put? And How to fix it?

Thanks a lot

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 04-10-2011 at 11:07 AM.. Reason: added code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

File system full?

Hi, I just started working with UNIX on an old semi-fossilized Sun workstation which I use to process LOTS of images,however, I just started to get an error message that the file system is full and then my shell tool or/and text editor freeze up. Help? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bend
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File System Check (fsck)

I am having a problem with fsck. I am new to UNIX but was placed in a position where I must learn it. Anyway, one of the instructions that I have been given is to use 'fsck -f -y' when I am having trouble with the filesystem. The problem is that I am getting an error message that says the -f... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mawalton
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fsck on a mounted file system?

I have a Solaris 7 box. We got a strange error in the syslog, which read as follows: Nov 15 11:50:16 server-01 unix: NOTICE: free inode /mount1/8025691 had size 0x20d I consulted with a fellow sysadmin, and he suggested running "fsck -N" on the filesystem in question without unmounting it. So I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GKnight
1 Replies

4. Solaris

fsck run

Hi, Can anybody tell me that is it the command "fsck" can be run by the root account only? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: efang
2 Replies

5. Solaris

FSCK root file system (/dev/vx/dsk/bootdg/rootvol)

Hi, I need to fsck the root file system on my Solaris 9 server. It is a UFS file system but it is under Veritas control. I want to know which fsck I need to use to check the file system. The default Solaris fsck (/usr/sbin/fsck) or the Veritas (/lib/fs/vxfs/sparcv9/fsck) fsck? I take it I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run fsck on root file system

If i run fsck on one filesystem and fsck need to repair some things then this partition must be unmounted correct ? So running fsck on root file system isn't possible within same OS ? correct ? What is the best way to do that, live cd ? BR, Jurif (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jurif
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

File system full, but not really.

Hey all, What do you think mostly happened in the following situation? I have a Red Hat 5.5 server. Someone, somehow, managed to get two .nfs000.... type files that totaled over a terabyte in size. I removed them and thought things were back to normal. Then I started getting complains from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: geelsu
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Not able to run fsck on root file system

I am trying to root disk mirroring on SunFire V210 Server. There are two disks on this server c1t0d0 and c1t1d0 . I completed all the steps and I updated the vfstab file too. After I have updated the vfstab file I run df -h command but could not see the changes i made in vfstab. Suddenly the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbi8321
1 Replies

9. Solaris

unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0)

What can I fix this issue? I have ran below commands but everything is same.:confused: WARNING: Last shutdown is later than time on time-of-day chip: check date. The / file system (/dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0) is being checked WARNING - unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
4 Replies
SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)				       systemd-fsck@.service					  SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-fsck@.service, systemd-fsck-root.service, systemd-fsck - File system checker logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-fsck@.service systemd-fsck-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-fsck DESCRIPTION
systemd-fsck@.service and systemd-fsck-root.service are services responsible for file system checks. They are instantiated for each device that is configured for file system checking. systemd-fsck-root.service is responsible for file system checks on the root file system, but only if the root filesystem was not checked in the initramfs. systemd-fsck@.service is used for all other file systems and for the root file system in the initramfs. These services are started at boot if passno in /etc/fstab for the file system is set to a value greater than zero. The file system check for root is performed before the other file systems. Other file systems may be checked in parallel, except when they are on the same rotating disk. systemd-fsck does not know any details about specific filesystems, and simply executes file system checkers specific to each filesystem type (/sbin/fsck.*). This helper will decide if the filesystem should actually be checked based on the time since last check, number of mounts, unclean unmount, etc. If a file system check fails for a service without nofail, emergency mode is activated, by isolating to emergency.target. KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-fsck understands these kernel command line parameters: fsck.mode= One of "auto", "force", "skip". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "auto", and ensures that file system checks are done when the file system checker deems them necessary. "force" unconditionally results in full file system checks. "skip" skips any file system checks. fsck.repair= One of "preen", "yes", "no". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "preen", and will automatically repair problems that can be safely fixed. "yes" will answer yes to all questions by fsck and "no" will answer no to all questions. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fsck(8), systemd-quotacheck.service(8), fsck.btrfs(8), fsck.cramfs(8), fsck.ext4(8), fsck.fat(8), fsck.hfsplus(8), fsck.minix(8), fsck.ntfs(8), fsck.xfs(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)