Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Where can I read about the difference between "..profile" and ".profile" Post 302134978 by namishtiwari on Wednesday 5th of September 2007 01:35:42 AM
Old 09-05-2007
it is by mistake i hope.

it should be
. .profile

.command is used to execute the .profile file.

Thanks
Namish

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

All alias in .profile lost when "script" command is called

Hi, I was trying to call "script <an ip add>" command from .profile file to log everything whenever anyone logs in to this user. I did the following at the end of .profile. 1) Extracted the IP address who logged in 2) Called script < ip add> . The problem I am facing is all, aliases etc. written... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicon007
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read -p "prompt text" foo say "read: bad option(s)" in Bourne-Shell

Hallo, i need a Prompting read in my script: read -p "Enter your command: " command But i always get this Error: -p: is not an identifier When I run these in c-shell i get this error /usr/bin/read: read: bad option(s) How can I use a Prompt in the read command? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wiseguy
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to Install "Devel-Profile" perl module in windows.

Hi, I want to install 'Devel-Profile' in windows but i am not able to install. Here is the error. PPM> install Devel-Profile Install package 'Devel-Profile?' (y/N): y Installing package 'Devel-Profile'... Error installing package 'Devel-Profile': Could not locate a PPD file for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

6. Solaris

How to execute a ".profile" depending on the server from where the user is connected.

Hello, I have two Solaris servers on a cluster. I have created the same user "X"on the two nodes (same UID and same GID). The file ".profile" of this user "X" is located in a filesystem that is seen by the two nodes. Each server should have a ".profile" of this user different of the other... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

"ksh: XYZ: parameter not set" in .profile

Hi, A very basic query. I am working on two different UNIX servers and I see different behaviours for my user id. This has to be a setting in the .profile, but I can't seem to find where :confused: So, in one server if I type echo $XYZDD (a random variable), I get a blank line with no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ALDonP
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
AUTODEP(8)							     AppArmor								AUTODEP(8)

NAME
aa-autodep - guess basic AppArmor profile requirements SYNOPSIS
aa-autodep <executable> [<executable> ...] DESCRIPTION
aa-autodep is used to generate a minimal AppArmor profile for a set of executables. This program will generate a profile for binary executable as well as interpreted script programs. At a minimum aa-autodep will provide a base profile containing a base include directive which includes basic profile entries needed by most programs. The profile is generated by recursively calling ldd(1) on the executables listed on the command line. BUGS
This program does not perform full static analysis of executables, so the profiles generated are necessarily incomplete. If you find any bugs, please report them to bugzilla at <http://bugzilla.novell.com>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), aa-complain(1), aa-enforce(1), change_hat(2), and <http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?apparmor>. NOVELL
/SUSE 2008-06-11 AUTODEP(8)