Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: turn off sound
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers turn off sound Post 302133964 by porter on Monday 27th of August 2007 08:14:19 PM
Old 08-27-2007

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does this sound right?

A user's default permissions when creating new files or directories is set by the umask of either the system or in the startup script of the user itself. For example, I have 'umask 022' in my .profile which means that my default permissions will be 755. Typically, the system default umask is 022,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to turn off duplex

I am using digital Unix and lpd. I have HP 4200n LaserJet TCP printer, but when I use lpr command, it always print duplex. I can turn off duplex feature at the panel of the printer, but then other Windows computer cannot print duplex. How can I set up /etc/printcap file so that it will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiepng
2 Replies

3. AIX

How to turn off telnet on AIX

Greetings. . .Can anyone out there explain how I would turn off the telnet service and close the telnet port on a AIX system? Thank you, outta. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: outtacontrol
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Eth1 turn off by itself after reboot

Hi, Recently we discovered the eth1 of one of the server turn off by itself when the system reboot. Could someone please advise how to fix it? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beeloo
4 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Sound under OS 10.4.11 and 10.7.2

There is a change with UnIX version concerning these two platforms. I own a Power G4 Mac with OS 10.4.11 and a Mac Book Pro with Lion OS 10.7.2. There are some problems of compatibilities between the two UNIX versions. Under OS 10.4.11, these three UNIX commands work, in order to produce sounds,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shub22
4 Replies

6. Linux

No sound

I reformatted my hard drive and installed Mandriva 2011. It works fine. I can go to the Internet The problem is no sound. I want to listen to songs from YouTube. Sound doesn't come. I see a man is singing on the screen. No sound. I had no problem with my old Mandriva. Sound and everything... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Toxic
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Turn off logging while doing LFTP

Hello All, Is there a way to turn off the caching of the login/password details in ~/.lftp/transfer_log file when i do lftp to remote site. we are using Red Hat Linux OS /usr/bin/lftp<<-ftp_script open sftp://$FTPHOST user $FTPUSER $FTPPASS lcd /tmp/TEST_Data put "test.gpg" bye ftp_script ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Just can't turn off ipv6?

I'm running a Linux OS that uses Debian as it's base. A commercial vpn is installed that uses OpenVPN. For some reason, I can't get ipv6 to tunnel properly .... and Ipleak.net shows that my location is being unmasked by ipv6. I've tried kernel commands at boot, I've tried sysctl.conf commands.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: benc
2 Replies
esdplay(1)							   User Commands							esdplay(1)

NAME
esdplay - play a sound file SYNOPSIS
esdplay [-h] [-s hostname:port] [-v] filename DESCRIPTION
The esdplay application plays a sound file using the Enlightened Sound Daemon (esd). The input data is read from the specified filename. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h Display help text, and exit. -s hostname:portContact the esd server on hostname at port. You can also specify this option as follows: --server=hostname:port -v Display version information, and exit. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filename Specify the filename from which the input data should be read. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Playing sound file "beep" example% esdplay beep EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/esdplay Executable for Enlightened Sound Daemon sound player. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-audio | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
esdcat(1), esdmon(1), esdrec(1), esdsample(1), esdctl(1), esd-config(1), libesd(3) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 8 Jan 2003 esdplay(1)