Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: setting acl on linux
Operating Systems Linux setting acl on linux Post 302132127 by blowtorch on Wednesday 15th of August 2007 11:04:28 AM
Old 08-15-2007
Check the mount options for your filesystem. It maybe mounted as "noacl".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

setting ACL's

Hi all, How can I set default owning user and default owning group with setfacl on Solaris 2.6 and up ? My idea is, that when a file is created by user x, and the default owning user is y, the ownership is set to y. This option is visible in the filemanager, though not editable. I can't find... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy_kann
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setting up Linux as a RAS - is is possible?

I need to setup my Linux Server as a RAS, does anyone know how to do it? I have just spent all my money on my hardware setupand an ADSL line, things where I live are VERY expensive. I need to setup my RedHat 7.3 server to be a RAS for myself and my business partner, can anyone please redirect me... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: leonpmu
7 Replies

3. AIX

setting acl

Hi, I want to know how to set acl in aix via smitty and shell prompt, wheather we needs to install additional packages. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting up ACL in Apache

Folks; How can i setup ACL in Apache so i can give a group of users (defined by their emails (all users under *@red.com) access to a web page? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
10 Replies

5. Debian

How to enable and use ACL's in Linux

Hi, How to enable and use ACL's in linux. Thx, siva. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting account (linux)

hi How can I set an account so that it expires at a particular date? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up Linux.

Dear Administrators and Moderators, Normally I use Windows for browsing net, but few days back my pc was affected with virus. One of my friend suggested me to use Linux for safe browsing. I would like to know 1. I have Mandrake 8.2(HDD) and Obuntu 9.x(CD) - which one is better (have limited... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kesari
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Linux mount cifs with Windows ACL support

I'm in the process of migrating my windows file servers to a Ubuntu Samba server. My plan is to use cp -Rp to copy all the mounted files to the proper directory on my Ubuntu server. I can mount them just fine but if I run getfacl against a mounted directory its not showing any of my Windows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
0 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Linux ACL issue

Hi All, I have an issue with linux acls, though I have implemented them I failed to foresee the issue.Now the server is in production and I would have to take down time to rectify it. And I hereby declare that this is not homework. The situation is as such I have a file system mounted with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help setting ACL's

Folks, Solaris 10 issue When I add a new directory to a path, I only get the "group@" line in the ACL The parent directory ACL is drwxrws---+ 12 root teama 12 Jul 18 10:31 . owner@:rwxp-DaARWc---:------:allow group@:rwxp-DaARWc--s:fd----:allow ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilberforce
0 Replies
xfs_freeze(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     xfs_freeze(8)

NAME
xfs_freeze - suspend access to an XFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
xfs_freeze -f | -u mount-point DESCRIPTION
xfs_freeze suspends and resumes access to an XFS filesystem (see xfs(5)). xfs_freeze halts new access to the filesystem and creates a stable image on disk. xfs_freeze is intended to be used with volume managers and hardware RAID devices that support the creation of snapshots. The mount-point argument is the pathname of the directory where the filesystem is mounted. The filesystem must be mounted to be frozen (see mount(8)). The -f flag requests the specified XFS filesystem to be frozen from new modifications. When this is selected, all ongoing transactions in the filesystem are allowed to complete, new write system calls are halted, other calls which modify the filesystem are halted, and all dirty data, metadata, and log information are written to disk. Any process attempting to write to the frozen filesystem will block waiting for the filesystem to be unfrozen. Note that even after freezing, the on-disk filesystem can contain information on files that are still in the process of unlinking. These files will not be unlinked until the filesystem is unfrozen or a clean mount of the snapshot is complete. The -u flag is used to un-freeze the filesystem and allow operations to continue. Any filesystem modifications that were blocked by the freeze are unblocked and allowed to complete. One of -f or -u must be supplied to xfs_freeze. NOTES
A copy of a frozen XFS filesystem will usually have the same universally unique identifier (UUID) as the original, and thus may be pre- vented from being mounted. The XFS nouuid mount option can be used to circumvent this issue. In Linux kernel version 2.6.29, the interface which XFS uses to freeze and unfreeze was elevated to the VFS, so that this tool can now be used on many other Linux filesystems. SEE ALSO
xfs(5), lvm(8), mount(8). xfs_freeze(8)