Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Jumpstart Help
Operating Systems Solaris Jumpstart Help Post 302131317 by callmebob on Friday 10th of August 2007 04:42:28 AM
Old 08-10-2007
Jumpstart Help

Hi Peeps,
Created a jumpstart server for an unattened install and it works, but got 2 bugs in the config which I would like to work out:

when you boot net install

It still asks you to select a language and locale, after you do this it kicks of an unattended install.

So my question is,

What is the syntax for the sysidcfg file to stop it asking these 2 questions and make the install 100% unattended.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks

Marty

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Jumpstart?

I have been asked to research Jumpstart and don't know where to begin! Any ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks! :-) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avana100
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

JumpStart

Hi, Which sites have general information on JumpStart for Solaris 8? I would like to know more about boot server, installation server, and configuration server.... and all other good things about JumpStart....Thanks..:p Doo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dookeobih
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

JUmpstart on a pc

HI. i was wondering if you can jumpstart using the solaris intel platform? please help thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Jumpstart

Hi, where can i find documention on how to create a jumpstart system? dori (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
2 Replies

5. Solaris

help with jumpstart

Hello all, I configured a jumpstart server ( the server is in the same subnet as the client) and gave boot net - install in the client. The client boots up shows the banner and then displays error: cant read disk label cant open disk label package and then goes to OK prompt. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik Gharti
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Jumpstart solaris

Hi all , I am trying to jumpstart ( webstart) solaris 9 on E2900 ( client) using the DVD of a V440 server ( jumstart server). I did the setup for the V440 as follows : cleaning up preexisting install client "XXXXXXX" removing XXXXXXXfrom bootparams removing /etc/bootparams, since it is... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
14 Replies

7. Solaris

Jumpstart issues, help please.

1.I wish to perform a Jumpstart installation, the client being Ultra 5 Sparc and jumpstart Server being ultra 20 AMD system. 2.I think i have done all the procedures right, like putting the mac address of Sparc 1 to /etc/ethers, creating sysidcfg file, and profile file: 3.When I issued the boot... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Best guide for Jumpstart

Hi Gurus, Can you please suggest me any good guides for a Beginner to learn Solaris Jumpstart. Thank You, Rama Krishna. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Jumpstart Solaris 10

I have a laptop and need to build an Oracle Linux kickstart server and a Solaris Jumpstart server that can build sparc and x86 systems. Is the best way to create a dual boot from grub for Oracle Linux and Solaris x86? Can the Oracle Kickstart be used as a Jumpstart to build both Solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gian
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Jumpstart Question

Hi Guys, I am little bit confused about jumpstart on solaris 10. Do you need the mac address for each system you intend to jumpstart? If you need the mac address, how will you get it? Say your server is in another location and you want to jumpstart it, how will you do it? Clarification on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies
KERNEL-INSTALL(8)						  kernel-install						 KERNEL-INSTALL(8)

NAME
kernel-install - Add and remove kernel and initramfs images to and from /boot SYNOPSIS
kernel-install COMMAND KERNEL-VERSION [KERNEL-IMAGE] DESCRIPTION
kernel-install is used to install and remove kernel and initramfs images to and from /boot. kernel-install will execute the files located in the directory /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/ and the local administration directory /etc/kernel/install.d/. All files are collectively sorted and executed in lexical order, regardless of the directory in which they live. However, files with identical filenames replace each other. Files in /etc/kernel/install.d/ take precedence over files with the same name in /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/. This can be used to override a system-supplied executables with a local file if needed; a symbolic link in /etc/kernel/install.d/ with the same name as an executable in /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/, pointing to /dev/null, disables the executable entirely. Executables must have the extension ".install"; other extensions are ignored. An executable should return 0 on success. It may also return 77 to cause the whole operation to terminate (executables later in lexical order will be skipped). COMMANDS
The following commands are understood: add KERNEL-VERSION KERNEL-IMAGE kernel-install creates the directory /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ and calls executables from /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install and /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install with the arguments add KERNEL-VERSION /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ KERNEL-IMAGE The kernel-install plugin 50-depmod.install runs depmod for the KERNEL-VERSION. The kernel-install plugin 90-loaderentry.install copies KERNEL-IMAGE to /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/linux. It also creates a boot loader entry according to the boot loader specification in /boot/loader/entries/MACHINE-ID-KERNEL-VERSION.conf. The title of the entry is the PRETTY_NAME parameter specified in /etc/os-release or /usr/lib/os-release (if the former is missing), or "Linux KERNEL-VERSION", if unset. If the file initrd is found next to the linux file, the initrd will be added to the configuration. remove KERNEL-VERSION Calls executables from /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install and /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install with the arguments remove KERNEL-VERSION /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ kernel-install removes the entire directory /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ afterwards. The kernel-install plugin 90-loaderentry.install removes the file /boot/loader/entries/MACHINE-ID-KERNEL-VERSION.conf. EXIT STATUS
If every executable returns 0 or 77, 0 is returned, and a non-zero failure code otherwise. FILES
/usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install Drop-in files which are executed by kernel-install. /etc/kernel/cmdline /proc/cmdline The content of the file /etc/kernel/cmdline specifies the kernel command line to use. If that file does not exist, /proc/cmdline is used. /etc/machine-id The content of the file specifies the machine identification MACHINE-ID. /etc/os-release /usr/lib/os-release The content of the file specifies the operating system title PRETTY_NAME. SEE ALSO
machine-id(5), os-release(5), Boot loader specification[1] NOTES
1. Boot loader specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/BootLoaderSpec systemd 237 KERNEL-INSTALL(8)