Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming what is stack winding and stack unwinding Post 302130656 by amitpansuria on Tuesday 7th of August 2007 09:24:06 AM
Old 08-07-2007
what is stack winding and stack unwinding

helo can u tell me what do you mean by stack winding and stack unwinding
Regards,
Amit

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

The stack layout

I try to solve the problem https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?p=86595 use stack hack method, I am puzzled the stack layout. under vc6.0, the following code work(in release mode). #include <stdio.h> void change() { int x; int j; (&x) = 5; // if in debug mode, change to (&x) = 5;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChenMing
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stack region

how can i determine that what percentage of stack region is currently is used? (i am using tru64 unix) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakari
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

memory stack

Hello everbody: when issuing the ulimit -a, on my tru64 machone, I get the following: root@billing4# ulimit -a time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) unlimited data(kbytes) 10485760 stack(kbytes) 32768 memory(kbytes) 10190528 coredump(blocks) 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aladdin
1 Replies

4. Programming

Regarding stack analysis

I would like to know how I could do the following : void func(){ int a = 100; b=0; int c = a/b; } void sig_handler (int sig,siginfo_t *info,void *context){ //signal handling function //here I want to access the variables of func() } int main(){ struct sigaction *act =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpraveen84
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel Stack vs User Mode Stack

Hi, I am new to the linux kernel development area. I want to know what is the difference between kernel mode stack and user mode stack? Does each process has a user mode stack and a kernel mode stack?? Or Each process has a user mode stack and there is only one kernel mode stack that is shared by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhkoar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stack Trace

Hi All Thought it would be kind of fun to implement a stack trace for a shell script that calls functions within a sub shell. This is for bash under Linux and probably not portable - #! /bin/bash error_exit() { echo "=======================" echo $1 echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What happens to the stack?

Consider this bad code, edited in Windows and run via CygWin after dos2unix so be aware of any hidden "\r" charatcers... #!/bin/bash n=0 stackit() { eval $1 if then exit 0 fi n=$ echo "$n" stackit stackit } stackit stackit Run under CygWin:- AMIGA:~> cd /tmp AMIGA:/tmp>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
STACK(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						  STACK(9)

NAME
STACK -- stack macros SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> type STACK_ALLOC(sp, size); type STACK_MAX(sp, size); type STACK_ALIGN(sp, bytes); type STACK_GROW(sp, size); type STACK_SHRINK(sp, size); DESCRIPTION
A stack is an area of memory with a fixed origin but with a variable size. A stack pointer points to the most recently referenced location on the stack. Initially, when the stack has a size of zero, the stack pointer points to the origin of the stack. When data items are added to the stack, the stack pointer moves away from the origin. The STACK_ALLOC() macro returns a pointer to allocated stack space of some size. Given the returned pointer sp and size, STACK_MAX() returns the maximum stack address of the allocated stack space. The STACK_ALIGN() macro can be used to align the stack pointer sp by the specified amount of bytes. Two basic operations are common to all stacks: a data item is added (``push'') to the location pointed by sp or a data item is removed (``pop'') from the stack. The stack pointer must be subsequently adjusted by the size of the data item. The STACK_GROW() and STACK_SHRINK() macros adjust the stack pointer sp by given size. A stack may grow either up or down. The described macros take this into account by using the __MACHINE_STACK_GROWS_UP preprocessor define. SEE ALSO
param(3), queue(3) BSD
April 8, 2011 BSD