Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to extract output from a script to .xls file Post 302130369 by scriptlearner on Monday 6th of August 2007 01:33:35 AM
Old 08-06-2007
How to extract output from a script to .xls file

Hi,

I am running a script, the output of which is needed to be filled in .xls file. I am doing this manually now, i mean I am writing the output of the script to Excel file manually. How to redirect the output of the script to .xls file? Please help me out!!!

Thanks much,
Scriptlearner.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix script to convert .csv file to.xls format

I have a .csv file in Unix box i need a UNIX script to convert the.csv files to.xls format. Its very urgent please help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moon_friend
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting xls file to txt file and xls to csv

I need to convert an excel file into a text file and an excel file into a CSV file.. any code to do that is appreciated thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bandar007
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending/append result from CSH script to xls file

Hi, 1st post... Done a quick search for this so apologies if I've missed it. Basically I want to output and and append several values generated by a csh script direct to an xls openoffice file, rather than send to txt file and then physically copy and paste to xls file. Already I send... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottyjock
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create xls file using unix script

Hi All, I want to create an xls file using shell script. I mean that I have written one script. It is having sql output. So I want to save that sql output into one xls file and I want to send that file as a attachment to my team MAIL_IDs. Can You any guy help me in this? Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract the data from database (oracle) and send the output as an .xls file?

Hi, How to extract the data from Oracle database and sent the output data to mails using mailx command with .xls attachement? Here i know how to connect the database using unix shell script and how to use the mailx command in UNIX script But i don't know how to use the .xls format file (i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect the output to a .xls file

Hi, I am using the sybase database server though unix platform and try to retrieve some data by the help of select statement, and my main issue is i want to redirect all the the data i.e. retrieve from the select statement to a .xls file with the same column name and the outputs. How can i do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to extract second column from a xls

Can Anyone tell me how to extract the second column of a xls sheet And compare the content of each row of the column with a .h file. xls sheet is having only one spreadsheet. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to take .xls file and read it for each server

Script to take .xls file and read it for each server "/aix/test/$server_pre.xls" and then removes all the disks as provided in the file and then give output as below for each server, but am getting error where it says cannot find directory. server_name: server1 Disk Cleaned hdisk1 hdisk1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script for dealing with XLS file with multiple tabs/worksheets

Hey Guys , Recently working on a requirement , i had to deal with XLS file with multiple tabs and the requirement was as below : 1. Convert one XLS file with multiple tabs to multiple CSV files. -- As i was working on MAC , so it was quite easy through APPLESCRIPT to deal with this.But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himanshu sood
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to convert xlsx to xls file

Hi I am trying one perl script to convert xlsx to xls file but could not able to get all the rows and columns in the xls file . This scriptFILE is basically to convert XLSX to CSV .. I am tweaking the script to convert XLSX to XLS file also #######################FILE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
3 Replies
xlhtml(1)						      General Commands Manual							 xlhtml(1)

NAME
xlhtml - A program for converting Microsoft Excel Files .xls SYNOPSIS
xlhtml [-a] [-asc] [-csv] [-xml] [-bcNNNNNN] [-bi/path] [-c] [-dp] [-v] [-fw] [-m] [-nc] [-nh] [-tcNNNNNN] [-te] [-xc:N-N] [-xp:N] [-xr:N- N] FILE DESCRIPTION
This manual page explains the xlhtml program. The program xlhtml is used to convert Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet files into either html or tab delimitted ASCII. The program can be interfaced with helper scripts for viewing email attachments. Most use of this program is through the helper scripts and one would probably rarely resort to using the commandline interface. OPTIONS
-a aggressively optimize html by removing </TR> </TD> or VALIGN="bottom". Some older browsers may not display properly in this mode. -asc Ascii out of -dp and extraction data (-xc, -xp, -xr) -csv Output in Comma Separated Values of -dp and extraction data (-xc, -xp, -xr) -xml Output in XML of -dp and extraction data (-xc, -xp, -xr) -bc Override the background color. e.g. -bc808080 for gray -bi Use background image. e.g. -bi/home/httpd/icon/tar.gif -c Centers the tables horizontally -dp Dump page count and max columns and rows per page -v Prints program version -fw suppress formula warnings about accuracy -m No encoding for multibyte -nc tells it not to colorize the output. -nh Suppress header and body tags in html output -tc Override the text color. e.g. -tcFF0000 for red -te Trims empty rows & columns at the edges of a worksheet -xc Columns (separated by a dash) for extraction (zero based) -xp Page for extraction (zero based), one page only -xr Rows (separated by a dash) to be extracted (zero based) An example of the extraction command line is: xlhtml -fw -asc -xp:0 -xr:2-6 -xc:0-1 Test.xls The extraction output is: Formatted output of cells by column left to right, columns separated by a tab, end of row is: 0x0A, end of file: AUTHOR
Steve Grubb, Charles N Wyble xlhtml May 15, 2002 xlhtml(1)