Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Expect/Tcl help?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Expect/Tcl help? Post 302128773 by earnstaf on Thursday 26th of July 2007 10:01:14 AM
Old 07-26-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysgate
See if this will satisfy your needs.
Actually, I haven't done this so far, but looks interesting to me, so here's what I found :
Code:
log_file -a "/tmp/expect-ssh"
send_log "this is for the log test"

I guess this is what your looking for. HTH.
Hey sysgate... I had found this log_file a little after posting this. I think it's definitely the right track. I'll play with it some today. I'd like to find a way to put the actually error message to log (as opposed to my echo'ed line.) I think in Expect I need to have the file open as well.

Thanks for the reply... I'll get it eventually Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL/Expect project questions

I am rewriting the first big script project I ever coded to clean up some issues, mainly my really clumsy bash code, and to migrate to TCL/Expect. I have a couple of questions that I could use some help with. 1.) The script needs to know where it is located. I realize that I could use "find /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thumper
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect with tcl/tk

hai all, i have an tcl script in which i have been reading the DUT Command prompt of an cisco switch as DUT Command Prompt : cisco* and running the test case of stp now the problem is if i have given any blank space in between the cisco or at the startup then the Expect is not identifying the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjustudy
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcl expect HELP

In the following "for" loop I assume the the script will expect "anyway", "first" NOT in any paticular order and send "yes" when there found, breaking out of the loop when "$prompt" is found. The way it is working is like 3 individual expect lines, and they MUST be in cronological order. ANY help... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave_m
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcl/expect

Can someone identify what is the problem here?. no children while executing "exp_wait -nowait -i -1" (procedure "logOptions" line 45) invoked from within "logOptions" (procedure "doExecute" line 98) invoked from within "doExecute" (procedure "main" line 32) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: calsum
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with TCL/Expect in Solaris 5.3

I'm having this problem with a very simple tcl expect script that is running on Solaris 5.3 with TCL version 8.4.7 and expect version 5.0. below is the simplified version of the code snippet, which I think has everything to illustrate the problem, the full version is at the very bottom in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinchharmonic
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL/Expect not working as expected

I am having an issue with TCL\Expect; I am passing arguments via the commandline that are read in via "lrange $argv". One of those var's is a password with characters that need to be escapaed, after escaping them an hitting enter expect is placing curly braces around my password... why?! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RiSk
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Expect/Tcl help

hi, I am new in Expect. I have a question about expect timeout. suppose I have a structure of expect { ".."{ send"............"} timeout{ ............... } } The silly question is if I reach timeout, how can I store the error message showing on the screen to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: allenxiao7
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect TCL script

Hello, I write a TCL script for Expect/ Telnet. I want to send command to the telnet server. But I want to close after the command is sent. Anybody know which command can flush the expect so I can sure the command is sent to the telnet server??? EX: send "./command1\r" close... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linboco
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert my shell script into expect/tcl

hi experts, how will i convert the first part of my script into expect or tcl since shell script cannot be embedded into expect script ? i have 100+ servers in my serverlist. how will i call or declare it in expect or tcl ? #!/usr/sbin/expect -f serverlist=`cat $1` for i in serverlist... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Issue in installing expect and Tcl

Hi I need to install expect in redhat. through net I came to know that I must install tcl too in order to make expect work. I have downloaded both packages but not able to install # ls -lrt total 3720 18:33 tcl8.4.20-src.tar.gz 18:33 expect5.45.3.tar.gz 18:40 expect5.45.3... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
7 Replies
MYISAMLOG(1)						       MySQL Database System						      MYISAMLOG(1)

NAME
myisamlog - display MyISAM log file contents SYNOPSIS
myisamlog [options] [log_file [tbl_name] ...] DESCRIPTION
myisamlog processes the contents of a MyISAM log file. To create such a file, start the server with a --log-isam=log_file option. Invoke myisamlog like this: shell> myisamlog [options] [file_name [tbl_name] ...] The default operation is update (-u). If a recovery is done (-r), all writes and possibly updates and deletes are done and errors are only counted. The default log file name is myisam.log if no log_file argument is given. If tables are named on the command line, only those tables are updated. myisamlog supports the following options: o -?, -I Display a help message and exit. o -c N Execute only N commands. o -f N Specify the maximum number of open files. o -i Display extra information before exiting. o -o offset Specify the starting offset. o -p N Remove N components from path. o -r Perform a recovery operation. o -R record_pos_file record_pos Specify record position file and record position. o -u Perform an update operation. o -v Verbose mode. Print more output about what the program does. This option can be given multiple times to produce more and more output. o -w write_file Specify the write file. o -V Display version information. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 MYISAMLOG(1)