Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ensure the file completion ?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ensure the file completion ? Post 302127892 by thambi on Friday 20th of July 2007 02:59:48 AM
Old 07-20-2007
Question Ensure the file completion ?

Hi,

I would like to copy a file from one location to another. But that particular file is not fully loaded. I like to copy a file once it's fully loaded or complete file. How to ensure whether file is fully loaded or complete file?.

-Thambi

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

file name completion

I'ld like to enable file name completion in ksh88 on AIX 5.2. My terminal is set to xterm. I've set the shell editor to emacs and ampped the arrow keys. Is there a way to map the tab key to a command like ESC= or any other file name completion command in emacvs that I may be not aware of since I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rein
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ensure FTP is complete before using file

Hi, I have a program that checks a directory for new files. A file may be placed in the directory only via FTP from another system. The files are long, the FTP can take several minutes to complete. my program sences that a file has arrived but can't tell if the FTP process that sent it is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: GMMike
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

link scripts to file extensions for tab completion

Is there a way to link a script in my ~/bin with file extension priority for tab completion? for example, if the script I have could only look at .tex files, and I have 6 files in the same directory with the same name, but different extensions: index.tex index.dvi index.toc ... etc... it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyramation
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ensure file copy is complete before starting process

Hi experts, I have a requirement wherein a user is uploading a file to the Landing directory on one of our Linux servers. A cron job is scheduled to run after every 5 minutes which will pick up the files from the source (Landing) dir and copy to the target dir, and once successfully copied to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adi_2_chaos
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File name auto completion not working in KSH.Please help

Hi All, I am using SunOS 5.8 verison with KSH shell. My problem is I am not getting auto completion of file name on pressing of TAB or ESC key. While pressing ESC key , '^[' is getting printed . TAB is printing doin nothin but jus printing tab. What should I do to get auto completion of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sooraj_Linux
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto completion of file name in KSH.

Hi All, I am using SunOS 5.8 verison with KSH shell. My problem is I am not getting auto completion of file name on pressing of TAB or ESC key. While pressing ESC key , '^[' is getting printed . TAB is printing doin nothin but jus printing tab. What should I do to get auto completion of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sooraj_Linux
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ensure a script can only be invoked from another?

Hi All, I have two scripts - ScriptA and ScriptB ScriptA has logic to invoke ScriptB : - with some parameter - or without any parameter ScriptB can also be invoked by the user from the command line. Is there anyway to ensure that when I execute ScriptB from the command line, it does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitanya.gvc
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying the file completion

Hi, A script is running for multiple databases so data is also being populated for multiple DBs in a.txt file. I need to rename this file once all the data is populated. Kindly suggest me How can I check once file is populated completely before renaming? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the file processed Completion

Hi, I have a wierd requirement where i need to check for a file transfered to my Server and once it is completed i need to start processing my jobs. My server is AIX 6.0 and i want to know is there some way in unix i can keep on checking the file and once it is completed successfully i can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
5 Replies
Module::Loaded(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Module::Loaded(3pm)

NAME
Module::Loaded - mark modules as loaded or unloaded SYNOPSIS
use Module::Loaded; $bool = mark_as_loaded('Foo'); # Foo.pm is now marked as loaded $loc = is_loaded('Foo'); # location of Foo.pm set to the # loaders location eval "require 'Foo'"; # is now a no-op $bool = mark_as_unloaded('Foo'); # Foo.pm no longer marked as loaded eval "require 'Foo'"; # Will try to find Foo.pm in @INC DESCRIPTION
When testing applications, often you find yourself needing to provide functionality in your test environment that would usually be provided by external modules. Rather than munging the %INC by hand to mark these external modules as loaded, so they are not attempted to be loaded by perl, this module offers you a very simple way to mark modules as loaded and/or unloaded. FUNCTIONS
$bool = mark_as_loaded( PACKAGE ); Marks the package as loaded to perl. "PACKAGE" can be a bareword or string. If the module is already loaded, "mark_as_loaded" will carp about this and tell you from where the "PACKAGE" has been loaded already. $bool = mark_as_unloaded( PACKAGE ); Marks the package as unloaded to perl, which is the exact opposite of "mark_as_loaded". "PACKAGE" can be a bareword or string. If the module is already unloaded, "mark_as_unloaded" will carp about this and tell you the "PACKAGE" has been unloaded already. $loc = is_loaded( PACKAGE ); "is_loaded" tells you if "PACKAGE" has been marked as loaded yet. "PACKAGE" can be a bareword or string. It returns falls if "PACKAGE" has not been loaded yet and the location from where it is said to be loaded on success. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-module-loaded@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Module::Loaded(3pm)