Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers using awk or sed to print output from one file Post 302127421 by cdfd123 on Wednesday 18th of July 2007 01:36:16 AM
Old 07-18-2007
Java using awk or sed to print output from one file

dear
i have one file regarding
>abshabja>sdksjbs>sknakna>snajxcls
so i want to be output like
>abshabja
>sjkabjb
>sknakna
>snajxcls
Any using awk or sed will help
thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To parse through the file and print output using awk or sed script

suppose if u have a file like that Hen ABCCSGSGSGJJJJK 15 Cock ABCCSGGGSGIJJJL 15 * * * * * * : * * * . * * * : Hen CFCDFCSDFCDERTF 30 Cock CHCDFCSDHCDEGFI 30 * . * * * * * * * : * * :* : : . The output shud be where there is : and . It shud... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to compare flat files and print output to another file

Hello, I am strugling from quite a some time to compare flat files with over 1 million records could anyone please help me. I want to compare two pipe delimited flat files, file1 with file2 and output the unmatched rows from file2 in file3 Sample File1: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suhaeb
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command : To print the output to a file

half of the problem is already solved with the help of bartus11 suggestion I have a txt file having rows and coulmns, i want to perform some operation on a specific coulmn starting from a specific line. 50.000000 1 1 1 1000.00000 1000.00000 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk/Sed: Search Pattern from file and Print

Hi, I want to search for patterns (from a file) in a file and print the line matching the patterns and the line before it. I have to search for 100s of patterns from a file. Any help with AWK or Sed. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint2006
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed script to print each line to a separate named file

I have a large 3479 line .csv file, the content of which looks likes this: 1;0;177;170;Guadeloupe;x 2;127;171;179;Antigua and Barbuda;x 3;170;144;2;Umpqua;x 4;170;126;162;Coos Bay;x ... 1205;46;2;244;Unmak Island;x 1206;47;2;248;Yunaska Island;x 1207;0;2;240;north sea;x... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalelovil
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter in sed or awk commands to print for the specific line in a file

Hi, I am trying to print a specific line in a file through sed or awk. The line number will be passed as a parameter from the previous step. My code looks as below. TEMP3=`sed -n '$TEMP2p' $FILEPATH/Log.txt` $TEMP2, I am getting from the previous step which is a numerical value(eg:3). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyasrin82
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using awk or sed need the output in the new file

Please find the input file as given below: 2012/02/29 11:00:00~~CRITICAL~For customer 00000476 no daily files were found in the 010137933 account directory. 2012/02/29 11:00:00~~CRITICAL~For customer 05006802 no daily files were found in the 010115166 account directory. 2012/02/29... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: av_sagar
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, sed or perl regexp to print values from file

Hello all According to the following file (orignal one contains 200x times the same structure...) I was wondering if someone could help me to print <byte>??</byte> values example, running this script/command like ./script.sh xxapp I would expect as output: 102 116 112 ./script.sh xxapp2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabrao
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print field from lookup file in output

The below awk uses $3 and $4 in search as the min and max, then takes each $2 value in lookup and compares it. If the value in lookupfalls within the range in searchthen it prints the entire line in lookup/ICODE]. What I can't seem to figure out is how to print the matching $5 from search on that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
SPLIT(1)						      General Commands Manual							  SPLIT(1)

NAME
split - split a file into pieces SYNOPSIS
split [ option ... ] [ file ] DESCRIPTION
Split reads file (standard input by default) and writes it in pieces of 1000 lines per output file. The names of the output files are xaa, xab, and so on to xzz. The options are -n Split into n-line pieces. -e expression File divisions occur at each line that matches a regular expression; see regexp(6). Multiple -e options may appear. If a subex- pression of expression is contained in parentheses (...), the output file name is the portion of the line which matches the subex- pression. -f stem Use stem instead of x in output file names. -s suffix Append suffix to names identified under -e. -x Exclude the matched input line from the output file. -i Ignore case in option -e; force output file names (excluding the suffix) to lower case. SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/split.c SEE ALSO
sed(1), awk(1) grep(1), regexp(6) SPLIT(1)