Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to capture oracle export log while running as background process Post 302124836 by hippo2020 on Monday 2nd of July 2007 10:27:55 PM
Old 07-02-2007
Hi;
I have created the script as below;
nohup exp ers2/password tables=COM_AUDIT_TRAIL:COM_AUDIT_APR file=/export/home/bea/andrew/test/tmp/com_audit_apr.dmp log=/export/home/bea/andrew/test/tmp/com_audit_apr.log >/export/home/bea/andrew/test/tmp/nohup1.log.

When i run the script, from my observation, in /export/home/bea/andrew/test/tmp/ directory, the scripts create nohup1.log but it's empty. It also create nohup.out and fill it with the oracle export message.

How can i pipe the message to nohup1.log instead of nohup.out?

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

capture the process id when starting a background process

Hello all, How do I start a background process and save the process id to a file on my system. For example %wait 5 & will execute and print the process id. I can't figure out how to get it to a file. I've tried: > filename 0>filename 1>filename. Any assistance is most appreciated. Thanks, Jim... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jleavitt
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running process in background

I'm trying to install a solaris 9 patch cluster and when I try to use & to run in background it won't allow me to enter in my sudo password so it fails the install and sudo auth. Does Solaris not have screen like linux? If & will work what am I doing wrong? sudo ./install_cluster -q & is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem running shell script (for oracle export) in crontab

Hello Gurus, I've been tasked with solving a problem at my new job and I'm stumped. We've got a script that dynamically builds an oracle export parameter files and then runs export from the shell. it runs fine when using the shell, but will NOT run (fails in one spot everytime) when entered... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsheehan223
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to export a variable from a child process running in background to the parent

Hi All, I have a script which calls a child script with a parameter to be run in the background . childscript.ksh $a & Can any one suggest me how do i export a variable from the child script to parent script? Note that the child script is in background If the child script is in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export variable, as a background process

Have a script where I need to wait for a process to run, but from that process I want to capture the row count. Script I have so far (easier than explanation): echo "Start" export NUMROWS=`td "select * from dbc.database" 2> /dev/null | grep "Query completed" | sed -e 's/.*Query... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cranie
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log Capture for Background Process

Hi , I am running a backgorund process called hello.sh ./hello & Now i need to capture the log file as it produces the output . i am not able to use " >> " nor " tee " to capture the output file / log file . Please let me know how can i do it ? Regards, Deepak Konnur (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dskonnur
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture the running process for 2 hours

Hi, How can i capture the running process for 2 hours. Thanks in advance.:b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarathkumar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to see process running at background

Hi , I want to see all the background process that are running in unix box machine...please guide me is there any specific command for that..since I am executing some scripts at background..!!:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nks342
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export variable to another script running in background

i have a script inside which i have generated a background job which will run another script. How do i export the variables from parent script to the child script which wil run in the background . a.sh:- export tmpdir="/usr/tmp" nohup b.sh& b.sh:- echo $tmpdir But... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: millan
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Running process in the background

Hi, I have this simple c program that creates duplicate process with fork(): #include <sys/types.h> main() { if (fork() == 0) while(1); else while(1); } I tried running it in the background gcc -o test first.c test & And I got this list of running process: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uniran
4 Replies
jfs_logdump(8)						  JFS utility - journal log dump					    jfs_logdump(8)

NAME
jfs_logdump - dump a JFS formatted device's journal log SYNOPSIS
jfs_logdump [ -a ] device DESCRIPTION
jfs_logdump dumps the contents of the journal log from the specified JFS formatted device into output file ./jfslog.dmp. device is the special file name corresponding to the actual device from which the journal log will be dumped (e.g. /dev/hdb1 ). jfs_logdump must be run as root. OPTIONS
-a Dump the entire contents of the journal log instead of just the committed transactions since the last synch point. EXAMPLE
Dump the entire JFS journal log from the 3rd partition of the 2nd hard disk into ./jfslog.dmp: jfs_logdump -a /dev/hdb3 REPORTING BUGS
If you find a bug in JFS or jfs_logdump, please report it via the bug tracking system ("Report Bugs" section) of the JFS project web site: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ Please send as much pertinent information as possible, including any jfs_logdump error messages and the complete output of running jfs_fsck with the -v option on the JFS device. SEE ALSO
jfs_fsck(8), jfs_mkfs(8), jfs_fscklog(8), jfs_tune(8), jfs_debugfs(8) AUTHORS
Barry Arndt (barndt@us.ibm.com) William Braswell, Jr. jfs_logdump is maintained by IBM. See the JFS project web site for more details: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ October 29, 2002 jfs_logdump(8)