Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tuning Java on LINUX
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Tuning Java on LINUX Post 302124767 by crabbie_upk on Monday 2nd of July 2007 01:05:23 PM
Old 07-02-2007
Thank you so much

Thank you so much for your help.

I will try the mentioned alternatives.

Thanks again.
Crabbie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Java in Linux

DOes any1 know if the java.awt and javax.swing packages are installed in Redhat Linux 9.0 or not??. I have compiled a simple Java program and ran it but the Java programs related to GUI are not working. Can any1 provide some Help?. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Programming in JAvA

is it advisible to do Linux Programming in JAVA.. If so, whats the advantage over C++ or C.. Cud anyone also help me out by providing some links in this regard.. Would be highly appreciated.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikumar_cs
1 Replies

3. Web Development

MySQL Tuning Tools with mysqltuner.pl and tuning-primer.sh

We have been tuning MySQL lately and I ran accoss two useful tools that you might be interested in: mysqltuner.pl tuning-primer.sh Both of these scripts are quite useful for MySQL tuning. Here is some sample output of mysqltuner.pl >> MySQLTuner 0.9.8 - Major Hayden... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Suggested books / Whitepapers for Linux Performance Tuning

Hi All, I'm looking for good reference books or white papers about Linux Redhat Performance tuning / system tuning. Thanks for any advice. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxqwer
0 Replies

5. Android

Android is Linux (and Java)

In case you did not know, Android 2.1, Éclair, runs on the 2.6.29 Linux kernel. However, the user space it is built atop Dalvik, a Google-designed custom JVM (Java virtual machine). This is pretty interesting, when you think about it. The core of Android is the linux kernel, and the standard... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies

6. Programming

Running a Java program on Linux

Hello, I have a project directory in /home/researcher I have in my project/src three packages:A (contains the main class), B and C and I have 2 jar-files file1.jar file2.jar files in the project/my-jars In Class A I import other classes from the other packages I compiled as follows:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
4 Replies

7. Linux

Linux through Java code

Hi How can I write a Java program to execute Linux commands? What is the best approach: Invoking the Linux shell within Java and executing commands or, using the Java APIs to do the stuff. Since it is platform independent, it'll know itself what to do. We need not check which OS the Java... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dorothy
1 Replies
WORDS(5)						     Linux Programmers Manual							  WORDS(5)

NAME
french - a list of french words DESCRIPTION
/usr/share/dict/french is an ASCII file which contains an alphabetic list of words, one per line. FILES
/etc/alternatives/dictionary is a symbolic link to a /usr/share/dict/<language> file. /usr/share/dict/words is a symbolic link to /etc/alternatives/dictionary, and is the name by which other software should refer to the system word list. See update-alternatives(8) for more information. The directory /usr/share/dict can contain word lists for many languages, with name of the language in English, e.g., /usr/share/dict/ameri- can-english and /usr/share/dict/danish contain respectively lists of English and Danish words if they exist. Such lists should be coded using the ISO 8859-1 character set encoding. SEE ALSO
ispell(1), update-alternatives(8), and the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard. HISTORY
The words lists are not specific, and may be generated from any number of sources. AUTHOR
Word lists are collected and maintained by various authors. Linux 29 Sept 1998 WORDS(5)