Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX RS6K B50 Hangs at E140 on Boot Post 302124120 by porter on Thursday 28th of June 2007 07:41:54 PM
Old 06-28-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnf
How did you get it to boot? I have a 43p which will not boot from the CDROM! Have you a boot floppy?
My problem was the 68pin SCSI CDROM needed it's firmware updating.

Open the case, there is an unsupported 50pin SCSI connector on the motherboard. I plugged in a 50pin (SCSI-narrow) CD-ROM, (actually the mechanism from an Apple CD300 with caddy) and was able to install the OS using that.

Once installed, I downloaded the firmware update disk from IBM, and managed to match the IBM CD-ROM to a firmware patch on the disk then followed that procedure. I then proved the system by unplugging the 50pin cable and doing a complete reinstall from the internal drive.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

PCI Ethernet Cards for IBM RISC 6000 - B50's

I am trying to find PCI Ethernet cards that are compatible with the IBM RISC 6000 - B50 Power PC. None of the regular NIC's seem to have AIX drivers. Does anyone know of AIX drivers for standard PCI Ethernet NIC's or a non IBM NIC that works with the Model B50 at 10/100 MB ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahe
0 Replies

2. AIX

PCI Ethernet NIC's for IBM RISC 600 Model B50

I am trying to locate a non IBM PCI Ethernet card that will work with the Model B50 RISC box. Alternatively, I need to find AIX drivers for standard PCI Ethernet NIC's ?. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahe
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Boot hangs up on solaris

Hi all, I have a SUN server Sun-Fire-V890 running solaris 9, with a remote system console . Both the IP adresses of the server and the console are in a private network (address 10.67.xxx). For some reasons I need to give the access to the server from outside address 194.xxx, but I prefer that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
2 Replies

4. AIX

AIX hangs on boot

Hi guys, Got a tiny bit of a problem on one of our servers here at work. I installed AIX 5.3 on the server and that went fine. Then I upgraded to ML 5300-05-01, but now the system just hangs on boot. The system starts up and the monitor comes on in few minutes, but a few seconds later when... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drchris
6 Replies

5. AIX

Trying to hookup my notebook to my IBM 7046-B50 type rack RS6000/AIX system

Greetings to all: Gentlemen, I've tried extremely hard to hookup my notebook via the hyperterminal to my AIX box (IBM 7046-B50) by virtue of a cross-over cable. Don't know really whats going on ......to my surprise. The notebook says its hookedup successfully but shows no unix login prompt on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhatmi
6 Replies

6. AIX

AIX hangs through the boot process

To All: I have this AIX machine (see boot process below). The problem was it hangs at: The ctrmc Subsystem has been started. Subsystem PID is 11906.. I checked with other forums but their advise were just "strong punches in the air" with no specific explanation. I really appreciate if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_xia
6 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Boot hangs while adding swap

Boot process hangs after reaching the following line: Adding 5853176k swap on /dev/mapper/mch-swap_1. Priority:-1 extents:1 across:5853176kUsing knoppix 6.2 as LiveCD, and mounting the partitions, I got the following: # /etc/fstab: static file system information. # # Use 'blkid -o value -s... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fzaker
0 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 5.3 Boot Hangs On Power4 Hardware

Hi all, We have a old Power4 server with AIX version 5.3 installed. Upon boot up, it hangs right after the AIX welcome screen. On the diagnostic load progress LED indicator, I saw that it stopped at '0c32' then after awhile the LED would be blank. The screen on the monitor will hang at the black... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_sim
15 Replies

9. Solaris

Server Hangs at boot

Hi Guys, I have a SunBlade 1500 which I use to practice at home. Suddenly when I power on the server it just displays the solaris banner and Boot device: disk File and args: Then it stops and says " rebooting with command: boot" It doesn't boot to the kernel. Is there anyway I can possibly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 - hangs during boot

Power server up runs through diagnostics. Goes to the boot section and then the bit where the cursor is spinning and thats it. Hangs completely. Any ideas? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
10 Replies
pxfw(8) 							     pxfw 0.5								   pxfw(8)

NAME
pxfw - Firmware flashing tool for Plextor CD/DVD devices SYNOPSIS
pxfw -l pxfw -d DEVICE [-if firmware.bin] [-u] [-f] [-v] pxfw -d DEVICE [-e] [-r] [-t] [-v] DESCRIPTION
pxfw is the linux firmware flasher for Plextor CD and DVD drives. Remove any disks before flashing. FEATURES
You can flash the firmware of these drives: Plextor Premium, Premium-2, PX-712, PX-716, PX-755 and PX-760. DEVICE
can be an IDE, SCSI, SATA, USB or FireWire connected optical drive. Not all SATA controller support all Plextor features. Linux: /dev/hdX: IDE device /dev/scdX: Linux 2.4: SATA, SCSI, USB device, or IDE device via ide-scsi emulation /dev/srX: Linux 2.6: IDE device via new ATA layer, SCSI or USB device OpenBSD/NetBSD: /dev/rcdX FreeBSD: /dev/cd: SCSI device /dev/acd: ATA device MacOS X: /dev/disk: win32: C:,D:,E:, ... X:,Y:,Z: OPTIONS
-l scan busses for all available CD and DVD devices -if select inputfile. Specify the firmware binary file, which should be written to DEVICE. -u proceed update. When the firmware checksum test has succeeded, write firmware to DEVICE. -f force flashing. Even if DEVICE is not recognized, or firmware. checksum has failed, firmware writing will be forced. Handle with care. -e read EEPROM from DEVICE. -r reboot the device. -t test which opcodes are supported by the device. -v debug. EXAMPLES
pxfw -d /dev/hdc -if 755_1.07.bin -u writes firmware file 755_1.07.bin into Master Drive on Secondary IDE-Port. pxfw -d /dev/sr3 -e -oe file.foo reades EEPROM from device /dev/sr3 and writes it to file.foo. please report man page improvements to T.Maguin@web.de Gennady ShultZ Kozlov 02 April, 2009 pxfw(8)