Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Map Linux volume under Windows XP Post 302123911 by porter on Wednesday 27th of June 2007 05:22:37 PM
Old 06-27-2007
This looks like a job for Samba. I read this as wanting to map the drive over a network.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

trying to map win xp machines in a linux

How do I map some winxp machines on a linux machine using samba? any help will be apreciated Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raulb
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Map Drive from UNIX Server to Windows Clients

hi all ;; I have a Tru64 UNIX machine , first i want my employees ( windows clients) to see specific directory on unix , and how can i put a unix command in a visual basic code to copy the contents of that directory to drive c in the client side who request that by clicking a push button. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kafaween
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to map unix network dirver in windows

Hi, boss i have question about to how can i map the unix(solaris8) network driver in window. how to config the sorlaris system? thanks very waiting online................... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surainbow
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to map drive from Sun Solaris to Windows! Help me

I have two servers, one running on Windows server 2003 and one running Sun Solaris 10. Can you help me how to map drive from Sun Solaris to Windows server 2003. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tanhq
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Map Drive From Windows To Apache Shared Drive?

Anyone know how I can map a windows drive to an apache shared drive? In my httpd.conf file, I have: Alias /merc_rpts/ "/u/merc_rpts/" <Directory "/u/merc_rpts"> Options Indexes </Directory> I'm able to bring up a browser and see the contents of this folder. In... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

map windows directories to unix

How to map the windows directories to unix filepath using perl scripts? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinay123
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

map windows server to unix server

How to map the windows server to tenet/unix server an dget the files in the windows server to unix server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinay123
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to map on a Windows disk ?

Hi, I have installed ubuntu. -how to see the disk on Windows machine ? I should copy some files from a Windows machien which is on the same network to my ubuntu machine. Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to map a path to a drive in windows

Hi all, Can anybody explain me about mapping a path to a drive with example? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby16
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

map unix directory to Windows 2003 server

Hi, I am new unix, In the unix server we have two folders 1. /home/directory/sub1/ 2. /home/directory/sub2/ Under each sub we have some other subfolders also. Here my question is I want to create sub2(including subfolder of this) as share drive to windows 2003 server. Can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mabu.ps
7 Replies
SMBSPOOL(8)						    System Administration tools 					       SMBSPOOL(8)

NAME
smbspool - send a print file to an SMB printer SYNOPSIS
smbspool {job} {user} {title} {copies} {options} [filename] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(7) suite. smbspool is a very small print spooling program that sends a print file to an SMB printer. The command-line arguments are position-dependent for compatibility with the Common UNIX Printing System, but you can use smbspool with any printing system or from a program or script. DEVICE URI smbspool specifies the destination using a Uniform Resource Identifier ("URI") with a method of "smb". This string can take a number of forms: o smb://server[:port]/printer o smb://workgroup/server[:port]/printer o smb://username:password@server[:port]/printer o smb://username:password@workgroup/server[:port]/printer smbspool tries to get the URI from the environment variable DEVICE_URI. If DEVICE_URI is not present, smbspool will use argv[0] if that starts with "smb://" or argv[1] if that is not the case. Programs using the exec(2) functions can pass the URI in argv[0], while shell scripts must set the DEVICE_URI environment variable prior to running smbspool. OPTIONS
o The job argument (argv[1]) contains the job ID number and is presently not used by smbspool. o The user argument (argv[2]) contains the print user's name and is presently not used by smbspool. o The title argument (argv[3]) contains the job title string and is passed as the remote file name when sending the print job. o The copies argument (argv[4]) contains the number of copies to be printed of the named file. If no filename is provided then this argument is not used by smbspool. o The options argument (argv[5]) contains the print options in a single string and is currently not used by smbspool. o The filename argument (argv[6]) contains the name of the file to print. If this argument is not specified then the print file is read from the standard input. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
smbd(8) and samba(7). AUTHOR
smbspool was written by Michael Sweet at Easy Software Products. The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The original Samba man pages were written by Karl Auer. The man page sources were converted to YODL format (another excellent piece of Open Source software, available at ftp://ftp.icce.rug.nl/pub/unix/) and updated for the Samba 2.0 release by Jeremy Allison. The conversion to DocBook for Samba 2.2 was done by Gerald Carter. The conversion to DocBook XML 4.2 for Samba 3.0 was done by Alexander Bokovoy. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 SMBSPOOL(8)