Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Get info on network interface Post 302122235 by aleksey on Tuesday 19th of June 2007 06:18:16 PM
Old 06-19-2007
Get info on network interface

Hello everybody,

How can link network interface to the output of lspci -vv. Basicly i need to know who is the manufacturer of a specific interface, for example eth0 {Is it an Intel, or Broadcome, or something else}. Is there a way to find that out?

Thanx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Interface

Hi ! Does anyone know how can i get information about my network interface ... if it works in half or full duplex mode !! Thx in adivance ! Witt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: witt
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

network interface questions

I can't remember or figure out how to do this. What is the command(s) in Solaris 8 sparc to show the values operating a NIC, specifically the negotiated transfer rate (10/100) and mode (full/half duplex)? Also, how can I force 100 Mb full (the network is just a crossover cable, and the other box is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network interface problem

Hi expert, Need some help on network interface issue.. I have added 2 x NIC card onto the Ultra 2 system recently and configured as hme1 and hme2. I have unconfigured the onboard hme0 network interface and it was running fine till few days later, i keep recieving error messages showing hme0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc2005
6 Replies

4. IP Networking

How to activate a network interface?

What are the steps between "ifconfig eth0 UP" and "net_device->open"? ifconfig eth0 UP => ioctl(skfd, SIOCSIFFLAGS, &ifr) (ifr.ifr_flags = IFF_UP | IFF_RUNNING) => ????? => what are these steps? net_device->open Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samuncle
1 Replies

5. Solaris

configure zones to have different network interface and network

i need to configure a zone to use different interface (bge2) than global and have connected to completely different network switch & to use its own defaultrouter and hosts file .. is it possible ..if so ..how ? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
9 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Access to network interface (Mac-network)

Hi, I'm a italian student. For my thesis I develop a gateway with protocol 6lowpan. For that I must access to network interface to develope my personal stack based on standard 802.15.4. Can you help me? I need an explanation for that. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: berny88
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

Network interface-

Hello, Please what's the difference between: AND Thank you so much (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

network interface -

Hello, Please, how can i create a network interface with a routable IP address on linux (ubuntu) ? AND How can i desactivate an interface? Thank you so much for help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
1 Replies

9. Solaris

No network cable But Network interface is UP and Running

I've one Netra 240 After changing main board and system configuration card reader, Network is not accessible any more, Network interfaces are always UP and Running even when there is no cable connected to Network interfaces. I tried to restart and plumb/unplumb with no luck. ifconfig -a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies
IFSYSCTL(5)						       Network configuration						       IFSYSCTL(5)

NAME
ifsysctl[-<interface name>] - per network interface sysctl settings SYNOPSIS
/etc/sysconfig/network/ifsysctl /etc/sysconfig/network/ifsysctl-<interface name> DESCRIPTION
These files are intended to contain sysctl settings, that should be applied when a network interface is created. This are usually interface specific settings, like: net.ipv6.conf.eth0.use_tempaddr = 1 or net.ipv4.conf.eth0.rp_filter = 0 The settings are applied by the /etc/sysconfig/network/scripts/ifup-sysctl script executed via /etc/udev/rules.d/77-network.rules rule (see udev(7)), after the creation and after the rename of the interface name to its persistent name (when applicable), but before the ifup <interface name> -o hotplug may be executed to configure the interface. The settings are not applied by default when the NetworkManager is active (NETWORKMANAGER=yes), except when the IFSYSCTL_NETWORKMANAGER=yes variable is set in the /etc/sysconfig/network/config file. Settings from the ifsysctl- file are applied every time an interface has been created. Settings from the ifsysctl-interface name file are applied when the interface with the corresponding interface name has been created. SYNTAX
The sysctl(8) utility is required to apply the settings. It supports two separator characters for sysctl keywords: a "." in default format and a "/" in the alternate format. Therefore the syntax is basically same to the /etc/sysctl.conf file. Interface names may contain a ".". In the default sysctl format using a "." as separator, that is any "." in the interface name of the key- word, has to be replaced with a "/". In the alternate sysctl format with "/" as separator, normal interface names can be used. Optionally, the ifsysctl files may contain also the $INTERFACE and the $SYSCTL_IF variables, that are automatically replaced with the cur- rent interface name usable in the alternate format and with the sysctl-quoted interface name for the default format, before the settings are passed to the sysctl utility. Note also, that settings with variables in the ifsysctl (without the -<interface name> suffix), will be applied for every interface! Further, files with variables are not compatible to the /etc/sysctl.conf file. EXAMPLES
Settings for "eth0" and "eth0.1" interfaces # using "." as separator: net.ipv6.conf.eth0.use_tempaddr = 1 net.ipv6.conf.eth0/1.use_tempaddr = 1 # using "/" as separator: net/ipv6/conf/eth0/use_tempaddr = 1 net/ipv6/conf/eth0.0/use_tempaddr = 1 Settings with variables: # using "." as separator: net.ipv6.conf.$SYSCTL_IF.use_tempaddr = 1 # using "/" as separator: net/ipv6/conf/$INTERFACE/use_tempaddr = 1 To test your ifsysctl-eth0 or ifsysctl file, use: /etc/sysconfig/network/scripts/ifup-sysctl eth0 -o debug BUGS
Please report bugs at <https://bugzilla.novell.com/> AUTHOR
Marius Tomaschewski <mt@suse.de> SEE ALSO
ifup(8) ifcfg(5) sysctl(8) sysconfig December 2009 IFSYSCTL(5)