Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Left click select,right click copy Post 302120948 by new2ss on Sunday 10th of June 2007 10:54:56 PM
Old 06-10-2007
Left click select,right click copy

Hi all,

when i ssh into my linux machine, i can do a double left click and then right click to paste it anywhere i need.

However, on the actual machine, in the terminal, i cannot do a double left click and right click to paste it. i need to right click and select Copy followed by click click and 'Paste' at the target location.

How can i set my terminal to allow the same double left click and then right click to paste?

-----------------
i managed to find the solution to my problem. in ssh, i could do a paste with the right click because the ssh program is configured to do so. If i am in the actual machine, opening a terminal, the paste function can be achieved by clicking on the centre button or the wheel, depending on what kind of mouse i am using.

Last edited by new2ss; 08-20-2007 at 12:31 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Click here to search

This is a niCe idea. BUT it is makeing my eyes cross due to the color contrast of the letters. can you do it in a matching yellow/white/black anything other then the red would be great. it makes it annoying to look at that portion of the screen. But it is a great idea. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Click here for the best unix in the world!!!!

To anyone who asks which Unix is the best... or which one I should use... Probably the best timeline I have ever seen. Read this link... http://www.levenez.com/unix/history.html#08 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash scripting for right click

Hi All, how do i write a bash script to mimic my right button click.. we have a design software which gives results based upon our conditon, and we can right click and it will show options to export as a particular file, As i want to do the above sequence for several iterations, is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayi
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move the folder which I right click

Hi! I don't use to program much with unix but it would be useful to create a script to move a folder to a default directory. For example I right click on a directory and the script moves it to the home folder At the moment I've this but doesn't work: and I also tryed this and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruben.rodrigues
0 Replies

5. Programming

Xlib programming - Emulating left click press/released

Hi, Lately my university asked me to develop an application to be installed on some computers for the disabled. I've developed a head tracking software (it moves the cursor on the screen following your head's movements using a webcam), and it works greatly so far except for a missing feature.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BlackLight
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

How to Right Click On Laptop

I have had an apple mac book for several months. I have been learning about it, I even got the snow leopard manual. It says nothing about right clicking on the apple mouse interface(trackpad?). How do I do this? Thank You.:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: N-Training
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Copy on right click not available on FTP URL

I had a query that if the ftp service is enabled on a RHEL server, then, why is the right-click on the URL which is like: ftp://10.101.18.19 does not yield a save-as box? But if I do a ftp to the server like ftp <server_name> the mget for a file works. I hope my query is clear... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
6 Replies
DVTM(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   DVTM(1)

NAME
dvtm - dynamic virtual terminal manager SYNOPSIS
dvtm [-v] [-m mod] [-s status-fifo] [cmd...] DESCRIPTION
dvtm is a dynamic tiling window manager for the console. As a console window manager it tries to make it easy to work with multiple con- sole based applications. OPTIONS
-v prints version information to standard output, then exits. -m mod set default modifier at runtime. -d escdelay set the delay ncurses waits before deciding if a character that might be part of an escape sequence is actually part of an escape sequence. -h nnn set the scrollback history buffer size at runtime. -s status-fifo if status-fifo is a named pipe it's content is read and displayed. See the dvtm-status script for an usage example. [cmd...] Execute cmd after dvtm is started. USAGE
Keyboard commands Mod Each keybinding begins with Mod which defaults to ^g but can be changed in config.h or with the -m command line option. Mod-c Create a new shell window. Mod-x Close focused window. Mod-l Increases the master area width about 5% (all except grid and fullscreen layout). Mod-h Decreases the master area width about 5% (all except grid and fullscreen layout). Mod-j Focus next window. Mod-k Focus previous window. Mod-[1..n] Focus the nth window. Mod-. Toggle minimization of current window. Mod-u Focus next non minimized window. Mod-i Focus prev non minimized window. Mod-m Maximize current window (change to fullscreen layout). Mod-PageUp Scroll up. Mod-PageDown Scroll down. Mod-Space Toggle between defined layouts (affects all windows). Mod-Enter Zooms/cycles current window to/from master area. Mod-t Change to vertical stack tiling layout. Mod-b Change to bottom stack tiling layout. Mod-g Change to grid layout. Mod-s Shows/hides the status bar. Mod-r Redraw whole screen. Mod-G Escape the next typed key. Mod-a Toggle keyboard multiplexing mode, if activated keypresses are sent to all non minimized windows. Mod-X Lock screen. Mod-B Toggle bell (off by default). Mod-M Toggle dvtm mouse grabbing. Mod-q Quit dvtm. Mouse commands Copy and Paste By default dvtm captures mouse events to provide the actions listed below. Unfortunately this interferes with the standard X copy and paste mechanism. To work around this you need to hold down SHIFT while selecting or pasting text. Alternatively you can disable mouse support at compile time, or use Mod-M to toggle mouse support dynamically. Button1 click Select window. Button1 double click Select window and toggle maximization. Button2 click Zooms/cycles current window to/from master area. Button3 click Toggle minimization of current window. EXAMPLE
See the dvtm-status script as an example. CUSTOMIZATION
dvtm is customized by creating a custom config.h and (re)compiling the source code. This keeps it fast, secure and simple. AUTHOR
dvtm is written by Marc Andre Tanner <mat at brain-dump.org> dvtm-0.6 DVTM(1)