Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how can i see ethernet card speed in solars Post 302120814 by sysgate on Friday 8th of June 2007 09:49:20 AM
Old 06-08-2007
Code:
ndd -get /dev/bge0 link_speed

replace bge0 with your interface name.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

ethernet card for Solaris

Hi, How can i check the speed of the Ethernet card that my Sun server has and also how can i change it to full Duplex if it is set to half duplex? What is the file that takes care of this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

RedHat and Ethernet card no like each other

I have searched this forum for solution and have drawn a blank... so I come to you for help :) I an a Win XP user that has no problem getting on internet when I am on that OS (currently on it right now ;)). I installed red hat 9 and when I use that OS, I cannot get a connection. I ran the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minnesota Red
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

determining ethernet port speed in solaris

i purchased, what was labeled as a 4-port fast ethernet sbus card from ebay. i installed it in my ultra1, and it seems to be working fine. how can i determine if the card is infact a fast ethernet card vs. the standard ethernet 4-port card? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
7 Replies

4. SCO

Issue with a ethernet card

Installed a replacement 3com pci card on an ibm PC 300 GL, running OpenServer 6.0 , brought up system, and recieved this message: Fsstat:/dev/boot mounted Mounted /stand filesystem System auditing is not enabled. Dlpid:Unable to open network adapter driver (/dev/mdi/r8e0) Dlpid:No such... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tazmss1
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

ethernet card

What command do I use to show mw the ethernet card, I have tried ipconfig -a (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhlopomo
1 Replies

6. AIX

Utilization of Ethernet Card

Hi, is it possible to find out network utilization of etherenet card in %? Regards, Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Duplicating ethernet speed

Hi guys, Suppose you have a server with two ethernet cards (1GB each) and each cards are connecting to two different switches cisco 3750. My question is: How can I setup my server's network interfaces to increase the throughput up to 2GB? is it possible? If not, do you know another way to up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determine the ethernet (NIC) card speed.

Hi, Does anyone know how can I determine the maximum capable speed on a network interface card for different OS like HP, Sun, AIX and Linux. I am aware of the tool "ethtool" which can be used for Linux. Are there any handly commands or /proc files where I can get this info depending on the OS.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devtakh
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem with my Ethernet Card

Hi Gurus of Solaris. I have a problem yesterday when I was installing solaris in a x86 equipement I attached some log that I capture when I try to resolve the problem Any guru that can help please. Any command or procedure that I can run, please advice me Regards Andres (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
10 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 4.2 increase ethernet speed

Hello. I have a server RS/6000 with AIX 4.2. The server have a network card with 10/100mbps speed, but for some reason, the ethernet only runs at 10Mbps, it doesn,t matter if I put the net cable on a 100Mbps switch, it keeps running at 10Mbps speed.... I know how to view/change ethernet speed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: little_ball
1 Replies
dnet(7D)							      Devices								  dnet(7D)

NAME
dnet - Ethernet driver for DEC 21040, 21041, 21140 Ethernet cards SYNOPSIS
/kernel/drv/dnet DESCRIPTION
The dnet Ethernet driver is a multithreaded, loadable, clonable, STREAMS GLD driver. Multiple controllers installed within the system are supported by the driver. The dnet driver functions include controller initialization, frame transmit and receive, functional addresses, promiscuous and multicast support, and error recovery and reporting. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE
The cloning character-special device, /dev/dnet, is used to access all DEC 21040/21041/21140 devices installed in the system. The dnet driver is dependent on /kernel/misc/gld, a loadable kernel module that provides the dnet driver with the DLPI and STREAMS func- tionality required of a LAN driver. See gld(7D) for more details on the primitives supported by the driver. The device is initialized on the first attach and de-initialized (stopped) on the last detach. The values returned by the driver in the DL_INFO_ACK primitive in response to a DL_INFO_REQ from the user are as follows: o The maximum SDU is 1500 (ETHERMTU - defined in <sys/ethernet.h>). o The minimum SDU is 0. o The DLSAP address length is 8. o The MAC type is DL_ETHER. o The sap length value is -2, meaning the physical address component is followed immediately by a 2-byte sap component within the DLSAP address. o The broadcast address value is the Ethernet/IEEE broadcast address (FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF). Once in the DL_ATTACHED state, the user must send a DL_BIND_REQ to associate a particular Service Access Point (SAP) with the stream. PRECONFIGURATION
The PCI configuration process varies from system to system. Follow the instructions provided by the vendor. Known Problems and Limitations o On multiport cards (exception: Osicom (Rockwell) RNS2340), the first port is the top port. (On the Osicom RNS2340, the first port is the bottom port.) o If the dnet driver fails to determine the correct speed and duplex mode resulting in a corresponding drop in performance, set the speed and duplex mode using the dnet.conf file. o The dnet driver incorrectly counts carrier lost or no carrier errors while in full-duplex mode. There is no carrier signal present when in full-duplex mode and it should not be counted as an error. o Version 4 SROM formats are not supported. CONFIGURATION
The /kernel/drv/dnet.conf file supports the following options: full-duplex For full duplex operation use full-duplex=1, for half duplex use full-duplex=0. Half-duplex operation gives better results on older 10mbit networks. speed For 10mbit operation use speed=10, for 100mbit operation use speed=100. Certain 21140 based cards will operate at either speed. Use the speed property to override the 100mbit default in this case. FILES
/dev/dnet character special device /kernel/drv/dnet.conf dnet configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), dlpi(7P), gld(7D) streamio(7I) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide Network Interfaces Programmer's Guide SunOS 5.10 20 OCT 2000 dnet(7D)