Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users view remote linux desktop on my windows machine Post 302120520 by cbkihong on Wednesday 6th of June 2007 10:40:57 PM
Old 06-06-2007
As sysgate mentioned, run vncserver on Linux and vncviewer on Windows.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

View Files In Linux/Windows

I have a bunch of text files that currently reside on a red hat linux machine. I'd like to zip them up and copy them to a windows machine. I'm not sure about how to do this though since I believe zipping files up creates a totally different format that will be unreadable on windows. Is there any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: doublek321
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Identify a remote machine as windows or unix

Hi, I have a IP address of the target machine.Is there is any way to find out whether it is a unix box or windows box without logging into it?. Regs Anand (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: u449064
5 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

ssh client and Windows remote Desktop

Dear All , I want to Access my office computer form the home. The enviourment is like the following : 1- From my home I connect for the office via VPN connection to Unix server lets say it's IP is 11.11.11.11 and till now every thing is OK and I can access the machine normally . 2- In my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy file from Remote Unix box to windows machine

Hi I need to copy a file from the remote unix server to windows machine. I read lot of thrad but didn't worked out. Requesting all to please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerspice
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH into a linux machine from a windows machine

I basically want to login into different linux machines( on the same network) from a windows machine. I know i can use ssh <machine name>. But i want to automate this process. I dont want to enter the username and password. Is there any way to do it. Can i make some sort of a batch script for it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

7. Linux

send remote commands to windows machine?

hey guys, I've done some searching and other than winexe I haven't been able to find a way to send remote commands to a windows machine. The problem I get is with winexe whenever you send the process to the background in a script, I get the following error. :wall: Any help is appreciated! ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrell
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run UNIX commands on remote machine from windows?

Hi All, I am working in support and we are planning to automate a system to reduce the direct manual intervention to core system. Please find the below details. 1. we have a web application that runs on Windows Platform. 2. From web application, we need to connect to remote Unix machine.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balaji K
6 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Moving from Desktop View to Mobile View

See attached video for a demo on how to move back and forth from the desktop view to the mobile view. Currently this only works for the home page, but I will work on some new PHP code in the future to make this work with the page we are currently on. Edit: The issue with making every page ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
get_desktop_resolution(3alleg4) 				  Allegro manual				   get_desktop_resolution(3alleg4)

NAME
get_desktop_resolution - Finds out the desktop resolution. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int get_desktop_resolution(int *width, int *height); DESCRIPTION
Finds out the currently selected desktop resolution. You can use this information to avoid creating windows bigger than the current resolu- tion. This is especially important for some windowed drivers which are unable to create windows bigger than the desktop. Each parameter is a pointer to an integer where one dimension of the screen will be stored. Under some OSes, switching to a full screen graphics mode may automatically change the desktop resolution. You have, therefore, to call this function before setting any graphics mode in order to retrieve the real desktop resolution. Example: int width, height; allegro_init(); ... if (get_desktop_resolution(&width, &height) == 0) { /* Got the resolution correctly */ } RETURN VALUE
Returns zero on success, or a negative number if this information is not available or does not apply, in which case the values stored in the variables you provided for `width' and `height' are undefined. SEE ALSO
desktop_color_depth(3alleg4), set_gfx_mode(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 get_desktop_resolution(3alleg4)