Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How do I get the same results in Perl as in csh Post 302120460 by bdsffl on Wednesday 6th of June 2007 02:23:28 PM
Old 06-06-2007
Thanks John,

But I didn't clarify that I want this in a perl script not command line.
This would include the ps -ef in the perl script.

Brad

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there any thing like this perl command is csh?

I mean this : perl -pi -e 's/OS/blah/g' *.c* The Great thing in such thing i dont need to rename orig then rename back when i do it with sed for instance inside csh shell , is there any way to avoid this with sed/awk/what ever? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass csh variable to Perl

Hi All, I am trying to put the csh variable into a perl. In the below case, i am trying to put the csh variable "var" into my perl code. I tried to use '"$var"' but i don;t think it works. Can anybody help me pls? #!/bin/csh set var = `echo "xxx"` perl myperlcode.pl file ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl search and replace not working in csh script

I am using perl to perform a search and replace. It works at the command line, but not in the csh shell script perl -pi -e 's@/Pattern@@g' $path/$file I used the @ as my delimiter because the pattern contains "/" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NobluesFDT
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to do a formatted substittion in perl with a csh variable?

Hmm quite difficult for me to express my problem in one sentence.Introduction {i am a newbee to csh perl, awk and stuff, and by surfing these forums i managed to build quite a big code using all three of them in a script. Have to admitt, it was not a good idea, and its the perfect example of how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Radamez
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert from Csh to Perl

Hi , I am trying to convert the below code embedded in a csh script to Perl. Can any expert give me some advice on this ? sed -n ''"$start_line"',$ p' $tester_dir/nfiles_extracted.txt|cut -c1-4,6-|/bin/perl $test_summary/compare_for_all _Duts.pl|sort > $tester_dir/nfiles_extracted1.txt (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to grep 2 words from Perl Script results in Terminal....

Hey guys. I have a .pl script that scans my hosts to see if they are down or up. I can run it anytime I want. The script uses a conf file that contains text lines of the IP addresses of the servers. I run the script from the command line of my terminal (MAC OS) I run: sudo ./scanner.pl brings... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyoyo777
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - traverse sub directories and get test case results

Hello, I need help in creating a PERL script for parsing test result files to get the results (pass or fail). Each test case execution generates a directory with few files among which we are interested in .result file. Lets say Testing is home directory. If i executed 2 test cases. It will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.videla
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - save results to output file.

Can any one please help, the code works...I want the output of $result to be saved in an output.txt file which is lcoated in c:\\temp\\output.txt. $filepath="C:\\temp\\ip.txt"; open (HOSTLIST,"$filepath"); @hosts=(<HOSTLIST>); foreach $host(@hosts) { $results = `nslookup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass parameters from perl to csh scripts

I use csh a lot but I don't really write csh scripts. Now I have a need to implement a security check (written in perl; verify an user input security code) into a csh script. Here is the senario: #csh 1. call the perl script 2. if the perl script returns 'true', pass on; if the perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Julian16
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Csh - setenv ENV change environment variable

I have 3 programs, 1 in perl, 2 in csh: call them perl1, csh1 and run.ol I need perl1 to set csh1 variable NOLOG_qsub = "" I need perl1 to run, run.ol run.ol takes the executable and input and outputs to output run.ol#!/bin/csh -f # run.ol executable input output perl1 should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: austinj
1 Replies
Test::Script(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Script(3)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.2 2009-11-23 Test::Script(3)