Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX installp -C error: 'bosboot verification failed' Post 302119594 by thebytegrill on Thursday 31st of May 2007 01:47:18 AM
Old 05-31-2007
Question installp -C error: 'bosboot verification failed'

Hi, I'm a noob with AIX, can anybody help me solve this issue I'm stuck with on an 5.3 box.

bash# installp -C
0503-409 installp: bosboot verification starting...
0503-497 installp: An error occurred during bosboot verification processing.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

differences between installp and rpm

Guys, I would like to know the differences between installp and rpm Thanks & Regards Manu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
2 Replies

2. AIX

installp and rpm

Guys, I would like to know the differences between installp and rpm.. Like installp has the ability to install software products in applied mode and rejected anytime... Diffrerences in advantages, featues..etc. Thanks & Regards Manu Edit by bakunin: Please abide by the forum rules.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Signiture verification failed

Hello, I am new to Solaris. I've installed Solaris 10.0 and trying to apply all patches. On Java Desktop, I've applied almost all patches but some of patches should be applied manually on the command line. The patches -should be applied manually on terminal- are downloaded by Sun Update... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XNOR
1 Replies

4. AIX

installp -C

Dear friends, I have Interrupted smit install and after that I cant install eny software.. smit screen says that I should run installp -C but I am facing the following error AIXTEST#installp -C installp: Cleaning up software for: csm.hams 1.7.1.0 ./csm.hams.unpost_i:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Host Key verification failed

Hi, I am running a script to scp a file from one server to another. I have created the public/private key and copied the public key to the other server and appended it to authorized_key file. But i am getting the error message saying "Host Key verification failed" Connection lost. It works well... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Host key verification failed in openssh

Experts, We are trying to make a key-based authentication from Server A to Server B. Server A is installed with openshh. Server B runs "Sun_SSH_1.1". Server A's rsa2 public key has been added into the server B's authorized_keys. We are sure that permission settings of the files and folders in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rprajendran
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

8. AIX

bosboot issue

Hi i wanted to know for what reasons, bosboot fails with the error below.? # /usr/sbin/bosboot.dp -a -p /usr/lib/boot/chrp.disk.proto -d /dev/ipldevice dd: 0511-053 The write failed. : There is a request to a device or address that does not exist. 65893+1 records in. 1029+1 records out. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnakul
1 Replies

9. AIX

Problem with bosboot

This is my problem: I couldn't create boot image for hdisk7 test02:/]lspv hdisk2 00c8ac36cfdf99b4 old_rootvg hdisk5 00c8abd6d05f83ca newvg active hdisk6 00c8abd6d4ad141f rootvg active... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Host key verification failed error

HI i am getting host key verification failed error. # cat id_rsa.pub | ssh root@10.110.51.245 'cat >> .ssh/authorized_keys;exit;' cat: id_rsa.pub: No such file or directory @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
3 Replies
SSL_get_verify_result(3SSL)					      OpenSSL					       SSL_get_verify_result(3SSL)

NAME
SSL_get_verify_result - get result of peer certificate verification SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> long SSL_get_verify_result(const SSL *ssl); DESCRIPTION
SSL_get_verify_result() returns the result of the verification of the X509 certificate presented by the peer, if any. NOTES
SSL_get_verify_result() can only return one error code while the verification of a certificate can fail because of many reasons at the same time. Only the last verification error that occurred during the processing is available from SSL_get_verify_result(). The verification result is part of the established session and is restored when a session is reused. BUGS
If no peer certificate was presented, the returned result code is X509_V_OK. This is because no verification error occurred, it does however not indicate success. SSL_get_verify_result() is only useful in connection with SSL_get_peer_certificate(3). RETURN VALUES
The following return values can currently occur: X509_V_OK The verification succeeded or no peer certificate was presented. Any other value Documented in verify(1). SEE ALSO
ssl(3), SSL_set_verify_result(3), SSL_get_peer_certificate(3), verify(1) 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 SSL_get_verify_result(3SSL)