Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting For loop to create 9000 users Post 302118933 by xeniya on Friday 25th of May 2007 09:39:43 AM
Old 05-25-2007
For loop to create 9000 users

Hello, I need to figure out how to create a shell
script that iterates 9000 times to create users.

so far i have this:

#!/bin/sh
#Script adds multiple users into the Service manager

i=0

for i in 1 * 9000
do
./insuser /WideSpan/config/vipclient.conf $i $i password 0 Org1 UserGroup1 'A' 1 "" "" root
done

Am I on the right track ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create users from template

Create users from template file (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rijeshpp
0 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to create users on HP UX????

I new to unix and I'm using a HP UX and I'm logging in as user: root. I wish to create new users by using the 'useradd' command. When I keyed in' useradd -u 101 -g group john', the reply was 'Group group specified with -g does not exist'. I've read the man page on useradd and I still don't... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mascotlee
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Can't create users in /home

Hi Friends,, I installed solaris 10 in vmware just now.I got a simple problem while i want to create users in /home directory.It is saying "cannot create ".So i checked the permission and then i find that the perm to user(root) is r-x.So i tried to change it to rwx using chmod but again i got a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdspawankumar
4 Replies

4. Solaris

How to create users in NIS

How to create users in NIS server in solaris Thanks in Advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create new users

Hi , i would like to create a new user over unix ,which are these commands to used and which are the directories to handler? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dimitris
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create users remotely

Hello Forum, I just wrote a bash script to create users remotely from a file. When I run the script localy, it work nice. But when I run it using rsh it stops. My script is: #!/bin/bash 1|cat /root/usuarios.txt | while read line; do 2| /usr/sbin/adduser $line 3| echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cachorroyayo
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple users with individual passwords to users

hi, i am new to shell scripts i write a shell script to create multiple users but i need to give passwords to that users while creating users, command to write this script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DONFOX
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create multiple users using expect.?

Hi, guys. I need help on some expect problem. #!/usr/bin/expect set user set password set newuser spawn telnet x.x.x.x expect login* send “root\r” expect Password* send “123546\r” send "useradd $newuser\r" send "exit\r" interact I can add 1 user using expect script, but how do I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alhazerd
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create summery of al users + date

Hello, I have problem to write script which can collect users "username" and the time that each user has been created in our machine and store these data in file database.txt I have searched a lot and found we can see the exact time we create user with:passwd -S username also list user will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies
SUPYBOT-ADDUSER(1)					      General Commands Manual						SUPYBOT-ADDUSER(1)

NAME
supybot-adduser - Adds a user to a Supybot users.conf file SYNOPSIS
supybot-adduser [options] users.conf DESCRIPTION
supybot-adduser adds a user to the specified users.conf file. OPTIONS
--version Show version of program. -h, --help Show summary of options. -u NAME, --username=NAME Specifies the username to use for the new user. -p PASSWORD, --password=PASSWORD Specifies the password to use for the new user. -c CAPABILITY, --capability=CAPABILITY Capability the user should have; this option may be given multiple times. SEE ALSO
python(1), supybot(1), supybot-test(1), supybot-botchk(1), supybot-wizard(1), supybot-plugin-doc(1), supybot-plugin-create(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was originally written by James Vega <jamessan at supybot dot com>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or mod- ify this document under the terms of the Supybot license, a BSD-style license. APRIL 2005 SUPYBOT-ADDUSER(1)