Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Get print job information
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Get print job information Post 302116418 by [MA]Flying_Meat on Thursday 3rd of May 2007 06:41:53 PM
Old 05-03-2007
lpstat -t will list all queues followed by documents in the queues
From what I can tell in my limited test, if the printer is idle but has a job in the queue, then that job is probably on hold?

I'm sure there may be other circumstances under which the printer might be idle with a job in the queue, but...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP a print job that's still in queue?

I have an HP-UX system that has remote print queues created on it. We're having trouble with the data so I stopped the queue from sending its data to the recieving server. I typed "lpstat -o<queue> " and I see two print jobs listed c_91428.1 and c_91429.1 but when I go to the /usr/spool/<queue>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HVHS_CJR
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I print multiple files in one job?

Does anybody know how I can print multiple files in one print job? This is what I am doing currently: enscript file1 file2 file3 sent to printer sent to printer sent to printer I would like it to print like this: enscript file1 file2 file3 sent to printer The current behavior... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GregoryPeck
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Job Completion Information?

Hi, I am trying to get some information on the jobs that are running. I have used the "ps" command, to get information such as 'cpu usage', 'username', 'pid', etc., I've also used the "bjobs" command to get information such as 'submit time' and 'start time'. The only thing I need now is to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidfrank
3 Replies

4. AIX

Print job to file

Anyone know of a way to do this? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eley
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print job seperator page

How do I get my linux login ID to print on seperator page on print jobs. Right now it prints " Remote User" thanks Jim (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdmowrer
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print file information using ffmpeg in perl

I am trying to print file information using ffmpeg tool in perl Here is my code use strict; use warnings; use IPC::Open3; # example my $filename = $ARGV; my %videoInfo = videoInfo($filename); print "duration: " . $videoInfo{'duration'} . "\n"; print "durationsecs: " .... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: srijith
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to print file information - newbie

Hi I have a perl script that prints all the video and audio file information(playing duration). It works fine in one of my friends linux laptop. But it doesn't work in my both windows and linux. My friend told me I have to do install some module ( ppm instal ...... ) but I have no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srijith
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Some Help to print out information

Need abit of help to print out information. I have something like this Logitech:My store:34.3:23 Altec Lansing:Partner:45.9:20 with : as delimiter and i need an output arranged like this Logitech My Store 34.3 23 Altec Lansing Partner 45.9 20 tried... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezinele
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want a script to view the complete log information of data stage job from UNIX IBM AIX.

Hi, I am working on data stage 8.7 version and I want a script a to view the all log information of the data stage job from UNIX environment. Can you please help me out by give the script. Thanks in advance... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
7 Replies
lprm(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   lprm(1)

Name
       lprm - remove jobs from line printer queue

Syntax
       lprm [-Pprinter] [-] [job #...] [user...]

Description
       The  command removes a job, or jobs, from a printer's spool queue.  Since the spooling directory is protected from users, using is normally
       the only method by which a user may remove a job.

The command without any arguments deletes the currently active job if it is owned by the user who invoked

If the - flag is specified, removes all jobs which a user owns.	If the super-user employs this flag, the spool queue is emptied  entirely.
       The owner is determined by the user's login name and host name on the machine where the command was invoked.

Specifying  a user's name, or list of user names, causes to attempt to remove any jobs queued belonging to that user (or users).  This form
       of invoking is useful only to the super-user.

A user may dequeue an individual job by specifying its job number.  This number may be obtained from the program.  For example,
       % lpq -l

1st: ken  [job #013ucbarpa]
	    (standard input)	100 bytes
       % lprm 13

The command announces the names of any files it removes and is silent if there are no jobs in the queue which match the request list.

The command kills off an active daemon, if necessary, before removing any spooling files.  If a daemon is killed, a new	one  is  automati-
       cally restarted upon completion of file removals.

Options
       -		   Removes all jobs owned by you only.

-P printer	   Removes jobs from specified printer.  It may be used to specify the queue associated with a specific printer (otherwise
			   the default printer, or the value of the PRINTER variable in the environment is used).

Restrictions
       Since there are race conditions possible in the update of the lock file, the currently active job may be incorrectly identified.

Diagnostics
       ``Permission denied" if the user tries to remove files other than his own.

Files
       /etc/printcap	   printer characteristics file
       /usr/spool/*	   spooling directories
       /usr/spool/*/lock   lock file used to obtain the pid of the current
			   daemon and the job number of the currently active job

See Also
       lpq(1), lpr(1), lpd(8)

lprm(1)