Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Stoping & starting the cron
Operating Systems SCO Stoping & starting the cron Post 302115971 by Perderabo on Monday 30th of April 2007 11:09:57 AM
Old 04-30-2007
othman, please review our rules which state:
Quote:
(4) Do not 'bump up' questions if they are not answered promptly. No duplicate or cross-posting and do not report a post or send a private message where your goal is to get an answer more quickly.
Your first thread was not even an hour old when you posted this second thread.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printer problem & CRON Manager

I have a SCO OpenServer 5 running on a cosmetics store with two branches. I have a serial printer on one branch connected via a router with my server on a digiboard. The printer model is Brother M-4318 running as model epson. The point is that whenever I reboot the server it loses it's settings... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pappous
2 Replies

2. SCO

Stoping & starting the cron daemon

Hi We are running SCO ver 5. Recently the cron daemon stopped running on its own. How do I find out why? How do I restart/stop it? I typed cron but it didn't work. Will rebooting it do the trick or can I manually start and stop the cron daemon? Please help. Thanks & Regards. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: othman
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script & cron

Hi everybody! I'm struggling against a script that won' t work right in a cron job this is my script: cat serverlist | while read arg do if then echo "$arg" ping -c 4 $arg >> /dev/null if then ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deppy82
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting & Stop print services in Unix

Hi There Kindly inform me on how to start and stop the print services in Unix from the command line. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: esh
2 Replies

5. Linux

KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type & cron

Running as cron, I get error msg in mail: KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type, even though the ftp does work. Can anyone explain this? Is there a way to stop it? cron: 35 6 * * 1-5 ./PSS/pss.sh >> ./PSS/pss.log script pss.sh: #!/usr/bin/ksh DIR=/home/informix/PSS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejaggers
0 Replies

6. AIX

How to add node to the cluster with stoping the application?

In the production hacmp 5.3 is running with three nodes but i want to add new node to cluster with out stopping the application ie with same resource group if any bady know pls help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manjunath.m
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating delimiter file & append with cron

I have the following script working fine, and need to generate a file delimiter (with tab or special character) for Excel data import. The script will run every hour in crontab to append the new rows to the delimiter, so that I can collect the data for i.e. a week, which will give me a lot of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stop child script by stoping parent script

Hi everyone, I have this problem with a script I'm writting. I want to execute a code running in the background several times through a script. I am writting it like that parent_script for a in 1 2 3 4 5 do exec test -n $a done What I want to do is when parent_script is killed,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: geovas
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Smb & nmb not starting at boot - CentOS7

I would like the smb and nmb to start on boot. In the terminal (as root) I did: /sbin/chkconfig smb --addor chkconfig --add sambaor chkconfig --add /sbin/smbdresault is message like below : error reading information on service smb: No such file or directory Please use CODE tags as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: momed131
2 Replies
pthread_detach(3T)														pthread_detach(3T)

NAME
pthread_detach() - mark a thread as detached to reclaim its resources when it terminates SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
thread Thread whose resources are to be reclaimed immediately when it terminates. DESCRIPTION
is used to detach the thread thread. When thread terminates, its resources will automatically be reclaimed by the system. If thread has already terminated, causes the resources of thread to be reclaimed by the system. does not cause thread to terminate. Once a detached thread has terminated, its resources, including the thread ID, may be reused by the system. The return status of a detached thread is lost when the thread terminates. Calling this function multiple times for the same thread results in undefined behavior. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to thread. AUTHOR
was derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3T), pthread_join(3T), wait(2). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_detach(3T)