Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: properties for vi
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers properties for vi Post 302115070 by shriashishpatil on Friday 20th of April 2007 01:27:48 PM
Old 04-20-2007
Thanks for your help.
eval $(resize) worked.

Can you please tell me what does it do?

-Ashish

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Directory properties

I have set up php shop and it required command line access which i have I executed the install.pl script and everything went OK but when I tried to access the admin foler via the www @ www.helloni.co.uk/shophtml/admin/ i get a forbidden error. I know I have to change the attribs of the folder... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trekker
8 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Hash Funtion properties

Here are some desirable properties for cryptographic hash functions: These properties below are generally considered prerequisites: * Preimage resistant: given h it should be hard to find any m such that h = hash(m). * Second preimage resistant: given an input m1, it should be hard... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newkidintown
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do properties effect script?

Hi, I have noticed that rm -if will perform completely different to rm -fi. Whats the pattern of how I put my options to the script in relation to how it will act. i.e rm -fi treat the remove as interative but rm -if treats it as forced Thansk, Chris. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chiefos
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting image properties

How can I get heigth and width of an image file? It's possible to do without ImageMagick or other third libraries?? Thank you very much (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorin
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Properties

Hi All, I have a code below but i have problems trying to execute "cat $jpg". Can anybody give me any advise? Is there something wrong with my syntax ? #!/bin/csh set qqq = 123 set www = 456 set jpg = ( $qqq $www ) cat $jpg Output: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Depot file properties

Hi How can we identify the informations like Author, meta data, dependency and other information from a depot file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sethumadhavan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File properties

Hi , I do have a line in my code as follows: if ] ; then ... else ... fi What does the -z does ? Similarly there is -s in some other part of the code. I guess there are many options like this.. Can anybody please tell what all options are available and what do they mean ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: statistical properties

Hi A bash script, after some operations, return with an array. My goal is to calculate some statistical properties (hopefully still in bash) of that array, (like mean, variance, max_value and min_value). For the max, mean and the min it seems work, but for the variance the notation is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading in properties file

Hi Am new to this scripting stuff so bear with me. I got a script made now that reads in a properties file. The properties file is in the following format: 256= Bos, Sea, FRa 128= HEL I want to be able to read in each line of the file and split out the letter fields by the numbered field. This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
2 Replies
RESIZE(1)                                                     General Commands Manual                                                    RESIZE(1)

NAME
resize - set environment and terminal settings to current xterm window size SYNOPSIS
resize [ -u | -c ] [ -s [ row col ] ] DESCRIPTION
Resize prints a shell command for setting the appropriate environment variables to indicate the current size of xterm window from which the command is run. For this output to take effect, resize must either be evaluated as part of the command line (usually done with a shell alias or function) or else redirected to a file which can then be read in. From the C shell (usually known as /bin/csh), the following alias could be defined in the user's .cshrc: % alias rs 'set noglob; eval `resize`' After resizing the window, the user would type: % rs Users of versions of the Bourne shell (usually known as /bin/sh) that don't have command functions will need to send the output to a tempo- rary file and then read it back in with the "." command: $ resize > /tmp/out $ . /tmp/out Resize determines the user's current shell by first checking if $SHELL is set, and using that. Otherwise it determines the user's shell by looking in the password file. Generally Bourne-shell variants (including ksh) do not modify $SHELL, so it is possible for resize to be confused if one runs resize from a Bourne shell spawned from a C shell. OPTIONS
The following options may be used with resize: -u This option indicates that Bourne shell commands should be generated even if the user's current shell isn't /bin/sh. -c This option indicates that C shell commands should be generated even if the user's current shell isn't /bin/csh. -s [rows columns] This option indicates that Sun console escape sequences will be used instead of the VT100-style xterm escape codes. If rows and columns are given, resize will ask the xterm to resize itself. However, the window manager may choose to disallow the change. Note that the Sun console escape sequences are recognized by XFree86 xterm and by dtterm. The resize program may be installed as sunsize, which causes makes it assume the -s option. The rows and columns arguments must appear last; though they are normally associated with the -s option, they are parsed separately. FILES
/etc/termcap for the base termcap entry to modify. ~/.cshrc user's alias for the command. ENVIRONMENT
TERM set to "xterm" if not already set. TERMCAP variable set on systems using termcap COLUMNS, LINES variables set on systems using terminfo SEE ALSO
csh(1), tset(1), xterm(1) AUTHORS
Mark Vandevoorde (MIT-Athena), Edward Moy (Berkeley) Copyright (c) 1984, 1985 by X Consortium See X(7) for a complete copyright notice. X Window System RESIZE(1)