Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Veritas Netbackup Restore Scripts Post 302114749 by ppantazis on Wednesday 18th of April 2007 11:02:05 AM
Old 04-18-2007
Veritas Netbackup Restore Scripts

Hi all, I wanted to find out if any of the folks out there have any experience with Netbackup restore scripts. I wish to set up a basic restore script on a "pilot" server. The script will basically non interactively set up a date (this date will be the date for which the data we are restoring) and then execute a sequence of Netbackup native commands to accomplish the restore. If any of you have done anything along the same lines and would like to contribute some input, I would appreciate it.

Thanks Kindly.

Paul.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Veritas NetBackup

Veritas NetBackup, how does it work?? I mean, I know it is used for backups and restores but really, can anybody give me a brief or any explanation that sums up basically what it is about besides the fact that it does backups and restores??? Please, if you have any information, I would appreciate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Launch veritas netbackup

Hello - I already have Veritas netbackup installed on Mac OS. But I am not able to find the daemon name for running the backup. Does anyone know How to run netbackup? Thank you! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Veritas Netbackup Agent Running

I was facing problems in taking backup of a windows server for quiet a long time.i have again reinstall the client software to get rid of this. my question : how to check the agent (netbackup) is running on client side or not?? how to check???? bcoz reinstalltion is not a good solution .:( (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
6 Replies

4. Solaris

veritas NETbackup command

i am using veritas admenistration console to control all backup operations of our servers . we use SUN LT25 LTO library connected to a backupserver running solaris 8 . i was wondering if there is a command that i can use from solaris so that i can activate and deactivate some policeis , rather... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
4 Replies

5. Solaris

veritas netbackup

Hi All, We are currently running Veritas netbackup. We are currently having a few issues where were unable to log in due to several errors. Out usual fix for this is to recycle the backup servers however due to the nature of the information being backed up this is done by someone else and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickyclayton201
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Veritas Netbackup Trial Version

Hi all, Good day to all. Anyone here who recently tried to download a trial version for Veritas Netbackup for Sun Solaris System? The reason for asking is that, I need to download a trial version for testing purposes. I tried to look at the Symantec website but unfortunately, it is not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: graboid888
0 Replies

7. Solaris

how to restore backup from veritas vm in ufs file system

Hi all I have a DLT tape in that tape backup is there is in veritas volume format and i want to restore it in ufs file system how can i do it? right now i don't have veritas file system setup. i have only ufs file sysytem please help some production data is to be restore. backup was taken... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
0 Replies
IPTABLES-RESTORE(8)						  iptables 1.4.21					       IPTABLES-RESTORE(8)

NAME
iptables-restore -- Restore IP Tables ip6tables-restore -- Restore IPv6 Tables SYNOPSIS
iptables-restore [-chntv] [-M modprobe] ip6tables-restore [-chntv] [-M modprobe] [-T name] DESCRIPTION
iptables-restore and ip6tables-restore are used to restore IP and IPv6 Tables from data specified on STDIN. Use I/O redirection provided by your shell to read from a file -c, --counters restore the values of all packet and byte counters -h, --help Print a short option summary. -n, --noflush don't flush the previous contents of the table. If not specified, both commands flush (delete) all previous contents of the respec- tive table. -t, --test Only parse and construct the ruleset, but do not commit it. -v, --verbose Print additional debug info during ruleset processing. -M, --modprobe modprobe_program Specify the path to the modprobe program. By default, iptables-restore will inspect /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe to determine the exe- cutable's path. -T, --table name Restore only the named table even if the input stream contains other ones. BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.2.1 release AUTHORS
Harald Welte <laforge@gnumonks.org> wrote iptables-restore based on code from Rusty Russell. Andras Kis-Szabo <kisza@sch.bme.hu> contributed ip6tables-restore. SEE ALSO
iptables-save(8), iptables(8) The iptables-HOWTO, which details more iptables usage, the NAT-HOWTO, which details NAT, and the netfilter-hacking-HOWTO which details the internals. iptables 1.4.21 IPTABLES-RESTORE(8)