Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: search and replace
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers search and replace Post 302114672 by ghostdog74 on Tuesday 17th of April 2007 07:42:20 PM
Old 04-17-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyd
find . -size +1024c -type f -print0 | xargs -0 sed -i 's/mysite.com/mysite.net/g'

so this is the final product of trying to replace all instances of the keyword mysite.com to mysite.net in every file in the website ?

Why is it necessary to use the -size ?
its just an example i tried because i don't have 5M file, so i just used some size that i have.. you can fine tune your 'find' expression as you like.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace

hi all, the problem is like this...... i setup a file (Env.txt) which handles all the values. NAME1=xxxxxx, where xxxxx is the value NAME2=xxxxxx GGGGG=uusufu I have 6 files, where i will append the values from env.txt. These files has no specific format. all i want is to append the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace

I have a script which has several occurences of statement like command: $UCMDPATH/xyz abc I would like to replace the entire line starting from $UCMDPATH with the ls -ltr command eg: Prior to change:: command: $UCMDPATH/xyz abc After change: command: ls -ltr Is there a way to do... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobbyjoseph
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - replace number of string length from search and replace for a serialized array

Hello, I really would appreciate some help with a bash script for some string manipulation on an SQL dump: I'd like to be able to rename "sites/WHATEVER/files" to "sites/SOMETHINGELSE/files" within the sql dump. This is quite easy with sed: sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: otrotipo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Replace

Hi!!! I have following xml file with 3 sections. aaa1bbb-ccc default aaa1bbbdd default 0 11 23 * * aaa2bbb-ccc default aaa2bbbdd default 0 11 23 * * aaa3bbb-ccc default aaa3bbbdd default 0 15 23 * * (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdev457
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search and replace - search in first line and replance in 2nd line

Dear All, i want to search particular string and want to replance next line value. following is the test file. search string is tmp,??? ,10:1 "???" may contain any 3 character it should remain the same and next line replace with ,10:50 tmp,123 --- if match tmp,??? then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and Replace

I am trying to search and replace using two different files with strict search rules. One file contain some data and the other file contain some numbers as shown below. DataFile.txt >L1_T1 text data... text data.. >L1_T1 text data... text data.. >L1_T1 text data... text data.. ........ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fahmida
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with search and replace or search only of / in vi

Hi all, I am editing a config file in vi that has a / on it. At the moment, search and replace looks alright as am able to use a # as a temporary separator, i.e. :,$s#/u01/app#/u02/app#g For doing a search, I have to escape the / do. So if I want to search for /u01/app, I am having to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vi search and replace

Hi, I need help with search and replace for the following string using vi .. if ];then to if ];then can this be done in one search and replace or need multiple ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested search in a file and replace the inner search

Hi Team, I am new to unix, please help me in this. I have a file named properties. The content of the file is : ##Mobile props east.url=https://qa.east.corp.com/prop/end west.url=https://qa.west.corp.com/prop/end south.url=https://qa.south.corp.com/prop/end... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tolearn
2 Replies
OPENLOAD(1)						      General Commands Manual						       OPENLOAD(1)

NAME
openload - Tool for load testing of web applications SYNOPSIS
openload [options] url [clients] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the openload usage. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. openload is (currently) a commandline tool, easy to use and providing near real-time performance measurements of the application under test which is very usefull during optimizations. OPTIONS
openload uses the usual GNU command line syntax, but the options starting with one dash (`-'). To run this program it is necessary to set the PATH or URL under test. You can set the clients number after the URL, which is the number of simultanous clients to simulate, defaults to 5. A summary of options is included below. -t Test mode: No throughput measurements are done. However the full response from the webserver (including headers) is displayed. This is useful for verifying that you get the right content before executing the real test. In this mode the number of clients defaults to 1. -h Header value: Specifies a HTTP request header. You can use this option several times to specify several headers. The sentence is -h followed by the name of header and the quoted value, separated by spaces. E.g. openload -h User-Agent "MSIE 5.0" mysite.com -l Time limit: number of seconds. The test will only run for the specified number of seconds. The sentence is -l followed by number of seconds, separated by spaces. E.g. openload -l 10 mysite.com -o Output mode: Currently only CSV (comma seperated values) is supported. This is useful for importing the result in a spreadsheet. The fields are: Url, Number of clients, TPS (Transactions Per Second), Average response time (seconds), Maximum response time, Total number of requests. -v Verifier mode: (undocumented) -b Body request: The test just request body response from the test URL. E.g. openload -b mysite.com OUTPUT RESULTS
A description of output results is listing below. * MaTps: a 20 second moving average of TPS. * Tps: (Transactions Per Second) is the number of completed requests during that second. * Resp Time: the average response time in seconds for the elapsed second. * Err: the percentage of responses that was erronous, i.e. didn't return a HTTP 200 Ok staus. * Count: the total number of completed requests. * Total TPS is the average TPS for the whole run, i.e. (Total completed requests) / (Total elapsed time). * Avg. Response time: the overall average response time in seconds. * Max Response time: the highest response time during this run. ABORTING THE PROCESS
To abort the process just press Enter or return Key, or use the terminal interrupt key (usually Ctrl-C). SEE ALSO
For a complete description of data results see the README file. AUTHOR
openload was written by Pelle Johnsen <pelle.johnsen@mail.dk>. This manual page was written by Silvia Alvarez <sils@powered-by-linux.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). January 29, 2007 OPENLOAD(1)