Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using xapply efficiently?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using xapply efficiently? Post 302114626 by bdsffl on Tuesday 17th of April 2007 11:36:56 AM
Old 04-17-2007
Using xapply efficiently?

Hi all,

Were currently using xapply to run multiple ssh instances that then calls
a script that returns the PID of a webserver process.

Currently we have like 30 xapply statements in a script call checkit which
checks various webserver processes on various unix/linux boxes.

My question is is there a more efficient way of handling these instances
then calling 30 xapply statments? Could this script be written with just
one xapply? Heres what one line of code looks like for one of these instance.

xapply 'ssh %1 ./fccserv1' ajaxdev1
xapply 'ssh %1 ./<script name>' <servername>

Add about 30 more lines with the script name and server name changing for each line.

Thanks!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

how to use PING command efficiently

Do anyone telle me please how to use PING command to verify connection (TCP/IP) between serveurs. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoang
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Writing fast and efficiently - how ?

I have a lot of processes all of which need to write quite a lot of data to the filesystem ( to a single file). This is managed today in the following way : all the processes write the data to a shared memory block, which is manged by a process that empties it to a file, thus allowing more... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seeker
1 Replies

3. Programming

Writing fast and efficiently - how ?

I have a lot of processes all of which need to write quite a lot of data to the filesystem ( to a single file). This is managed today in the following way : all the processes write the data to a shared memory block, which is manged by a process that empties it to a file, thus allowing more... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seeker
7 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

how to search files efficiently using patterns

hi friens, :) if i need to find files with extension .c++,.C++,.cpp,.Cpp,.CPp,.cPP,.CpP,.cpP,.c,.C wat is the pattern for finding them :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunsubbhian
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a string efficiently

I am new to the boards and to shell programming and have a requirement to name new files received with a unique sequence number. I need to look at a particular file pattern that exists and then to increment a sequence by 1 and write the new file. Example of file names and sequence # ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandiego_coder
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse and delete lines efficiently

Hi I have a set of options in the form of key value in a file. Need to find a particular value of 'a' and delete all lines till the next 'a' keyword . Ex : a bbb c ddd e fff g hhh a sss c ggg e xxx f sss a ddd d sss r sss g hhh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TDUser
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Efficiently Repeat Text

Hi, Often when I use echo statements in scripts I echo a line of #'s above and below. For example: echo ##### echo hello world echo ##### However, I generally have a series of about 75 #'s. For example: echo #(x 75) echo hello world echo #(X 75) While this helps to delineate... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting remote variables more efficiently

Hello all, I have a script that has to get variables remotely. Rather than having the script login to the remote server 3 separate times, is there a faster way to get each variable? ##Server comes from input or list## CHKINSTALL=`ssh server "swlist | grep -i program" | grep -v... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purging 2000+ directories efficiently

Hi I have a requirement wherein i need to purge some directories. I have more than 2000 directories where i need to keep data for 10 days and delete the rest. What i am looking for is an efficient way to achieve this. There are four mount points from where i need to delete the files. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Apoorvbarwa
3 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project