Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: diag report
Operating Systems AIX diag report Post 302114074 by karthikosu on Thursday 12th of April 2007 10:03:47 AM
Old 04-12-2007
diag report

Hello Everybody, we have a
System Model: IBM,7017-S7A running AIX 4.3
Processor Type: PowerPC_RS64-II
Number Of Processors: 4

I found while running "diag" the following errors.

The Service Request Number(s)/Probable Cause(s)
(causes are listed in descending order of probability):

651-608: Bad L2 Cache
L2Cache0 FRU: 5312 U1.1-P1-C1
L2 Cache

815-201: Processor has a status of failed.
proc0 FRU: 5312 U1.1-P1-C1
Processor

815-201: Processor has a status of failed.
proc3 FRU: 5312 U1.1-P1-C1
Processor
Are there any other detailed diagnostics that i can run (or) should i place an IBM call ? pls advice
Thanks!
karthik

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Sun Hardware Diag Tools

Problem: Several possible cooked Sun U10's. Need: Sun Hardware Diag Tools. I want to pound on these boxes and see whats what. I am wondering where I could find some Diag tools that will help me diag problems. Freeware is preferred. (The magic budget of $0) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: edkung
7 Replies

2. HP-UX

user diag ??

if user diag is removed with a -r will it delete usr/mds ? and if so will this prevent a system from booting? Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks Brian (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: breigner
1 Replies

3. AIX

Error Message during Diag

I received an error during a reboot, I ran the in shell Diag's and got this message. service Request Number(s)/Probable Cause or Cause(s): 21F00002: Refer to the Error Code to FRU Index in the system service guide. 100% P2-Z1-A4.0 The problem is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marvin51796
1 Replies

4. AIX

What's meaning of "POWER" in diag command.?

I ran 'diag' command to verify disk follow the below steps. DIAG------?task selection-------ssa service aid-----Link verification I found that there are 3 types of status. (Good, Failed and Power). scp2: pdisk23 D69E584F 0 16 Power scp2: pdisk19 D657E7A9 1 15 Power scp2: pdisk28... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pattarapongn
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix report

hello i just want to ask one question i am willing to create health check of my disk in unix. like a script should automatically run and genrate output in unix in beautiful report format. so is there is any way to create a beautiful report in unix like heading should be bold and big in font and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ps report (on tru64)

hi, i have 10 processes running on a tru64 machine with 16 cpu. when i am checking the states of these processes with ps command, i saw that almost never more than 3 of them are in the R(unning) state. (generally they are in the S(leeping) state). although there are many other processes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakari
3 Replies

7. AIX

How to determine if there is a Power Problem using DIAG command?

Hi guys can someone show me on how to use DIAG command in determining if there is really a power problem aside from errpt report? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sky_lark02
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output report

Hi All, I got an output after executing oracle query in unix mechine. While executing the query the output it should automatically store in a table Query:- 1. i am expected an report for the output. 2. How the output it will automatically store in an table. Is there script available... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi gongati
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Netbackup Report

Would I be able to get the report (text format) of an activity monitor view of a netbackup via command line? I am trying to make a script out of it that would be run daily an be saved in a txt document which would could be viewed for history purpose. I need minimal details only like policy name,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryan_estiya
0 Replies

10. AIX

Change Log Repair Action without using diag?

Hi Gurus, I want to change Log Repair Action remotely, or in a script. In these cases, the dial menu can not be used. Is there any command to do the job? Thank you in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies
psrinfo(1)						      General Commands Manual							psrinfo(1)

NAME
psrinfo, pinfo - Displays processor administration information SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/psrinfo -n /usr/sbin/psrinfo [-v] [processor...] /usr/sbin/psrinfo -s processor /usr/sbin/pinfo [-v] [processor...] OPTIONS
Displays the number of processors in the system. Enables verbose mode. Writes only a boolean value to standard output. The -s option requires a single processor identification number (processor). The -s option is intended to be used in scripts. A value of 1 is output if the specified processor is on line. A value of 0 is output if the specified processor is off line. DESCRIPTION
The psrinfo and pinfo commands display information about processors. The processor variable specifies the processor identification number, which is a unique integer that identifies the processor. If you do not specify any options or a processor identification number, the com- mands display information about all processors. EXAMPLES
The following is an example of the default prsinfo command output (no options or processor identification numbers): greene:> psrinfo 0 on-line since 11/03/1999 09:41:34 1 on-line since 11/03/1999 09:41:34 2 off-line since 11/03/1999 08:41:34 The following example shows how to use the psrinfo command with the -s option in a shell script to determine the state of the pro- cessor with an identification number of 1: if [ "`psrinfo -s 1 2> /dev/null`" -eq 1 ] then echo "processor 1 is up" else echo "processor 1 is down" fi The following example shows how to use the psrinfo command with the -v option: % psrinfo -v Status of processor 0 as of: 05/23/00 15:47:40 Processor has been on-line since 05/23/2000 15:08:04 The alpha EV5.6 (21164A) processor operates at 465 MHz, and has an alpha internal floating point processor. Status of processor 1 as of: 05/23/00 15:47:40 Processor has been on-line since 05/23/2000 15:08:04 The alpha EV5.6 (21164A) processor operates at 465 MHz, and has an alpha internal floating point processor. Status of processor 2 as of: 05/23/00 15:47:40 Processor has been off-line since 05/23/2000 15:08:04 The alpha EV5.6 (21164A) processor operates at 465 MHz, and has an alpha internal floating point processor. Status of processor 3 as of: 05/23/00 15:47:40 Processor has been on-line since 05/23/2000 15:14:00 The alpha EV5.6 (21164A) processor operates at 465 MHz, and has an alpha internal floating point processor. FILES
SEE ALSO
Commands: pset_assign_cpu(1), pset_assign_pid(1), pset_info(1), psradm(8) Files: utmp(4) Processor Sets: processor_sets(4) psrinfo(1)