Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo Properly Sizing an x86 Server for Internet DNS? Post 302114017 by lowbyte on Thursday 12th of April 2007 03:37:52 AM
Old 04-12-2007
Hey,

you're right, DNS will need first RAM and then a little bit CPU.
Our first DNS-Server was a 266 MHz CPU with 1 GB RAM, we
hosted about 300 Domains.

Bye
lowbyte

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup a DNS server for my redhat server

Using Redhat Linux Enterprise AS 4 can someone teach me how to setup a dns server for my webserver? i've registered a domainname at mydomain.com but when i type in the domain i register i cannot enter to my webserver. someone told me that it is related with the DNS setting on my server. i've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixiang88
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

3. Solaris

internet setup for solaris on x86 platform

Hi all, i have configured my solaris 5 .10 for internet connection by editing the files /etc/hosts/,/etc/resolve.config,/etc/defalutrouter and nsswitchconfig . during installation i was not requested for ip adddress even i plugged network cable. am i need to install any network card... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to connect to INTERNET using BSNL Broad band connection on Solaris-x86

Hi, Iam using BSNL broad band connection and i have installed two OS Xp & Sun solaris -x86 on my machine.Iam able to use INTERNET on windows Xp but not able to do it on solaris x86. I have tried using DHCP concept as well as sys-unconfig command in solaris but no results. When i use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaprakash
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Internet DNS Server with Sun

Hi all. I have one Sun Server T2000, then i want to running DNS service in that. So I don't know what's cPanel program which can help me manage my DNS server. Webmin is included in Solaris 10 - but i think that it's not enough flexible for my management. Anyone can help me. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quan0509
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

7. Debian

PB : DNS Client don't ping internet

Hi, I have my router (192.168.1.1) connected to the internet. I have installed Debian on a server with Bind9 (192.168.1.254). The configurations files are : $ cat /etc/network/interfaces # The loopback network interface auto lo iface lo inet loopback # The primary network interface... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Thibault
1 Replies

8. Solaris

how to link x86 Solaris 10 system to the Internet?

Hi, I have an x86 Solaris system linked on the network at work. We have DSL, and all the Windows PC's on this network can access the Internet with no problems. On my x86 Solaris, I am trying to use commands such as "wget" to access to the outside world, and it's not working. How do I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie09
6 Replies

9. Solaris

DNS client added to DNS server but not working

Hi, We have built a new server (RHEL VM)and added that IP/hostname into dns zone configs file on DNS server (Solaris 10). Reloaded the configuration using and added nameserver into resolv.conf on client. But when I am trying nslookup, its not getting resolved. The nameserver is not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies
Mail::DKIM::DNS(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Mail::DKIM::DNS(3)

NAME
Mail::DKIM::DNS - performs DNS queries for Mail::DKIM DESCRIPTION
This is the module that performs DNS queries for Mail::DKIM. CONFIGURATION
This module has a couple configuration settings that the caller may want to use to customize the behavior of this module. $Mail::DKIM::DNS::TIMEOUT This global variable specifies the maximum amount of time (in seconds) to wait for a single DNS query to complete. The default is 10. Mail::DKIM::DNS::resolver() Use this global subroutine to get or replace the instance of Net::DNS::Resolver that Mail::DKIM uses. If set to undef (the default), then a brand new default instance of Net::DNS::Resolver will be created the first time a DNS query is needed. You will call this subroutine if you want to specify non-default options to Net::DNS::Resolver, such as different timeouts, or to enable use of a persistent socket. For example: # first, construct a custom DNS resolver my $res = Net::DNS::Resolver->new( udp_timeout => 3, tcp_timeout => 3, retry => 2, ); $res->udppacketsize(1240); $res->persistent_udp(1); # then, tell Mail::DKIM to use this resolver Mail::DKIM::DNS::resolver($res); Mail::DKIM::DNS::enable_EDNS0() This is a convenience subroutine that will construct an appropriate DNS resolver that uses EDNS0 (Extension mechanisms for DNS) to support large DNS replies, and configure Mail::DKIM to use it. (As such, it should NOT be used in conjunction with the resolver() subroutine described above.) Mail::DKIM::DNS::enable_EDNS0(); Use of EDNS0 is recommended, since it reduces the need for falling back to TCP when dealing with large DNS packets. However, it is not enabled by default because some Internet firewalls which do deep inspection of packets are not able to process EDNS0-enabled packets. When there is a firewall on a path to a DNS resolver, the EDNS0 feature should be specifically tested before enabling. AUTHOR
Jason Long, <jlong@messiah.edu> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006-2007, 2012-2013 by Messiah College This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.6 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.18.2 2013-02-07 Mail::DKIM::DNS(3)