Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Why are the xml tags not visible? Post 302113352 by photon on Thursday 5th of April 2007 10:47:40 AM
Old 04-05-2007
Why are the xml tags not visible?

Could some one please tell me why, when I run the following
php code:
Code:
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE></TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<?php  
$readfile = file("rss_file.xml");

for ($k=0; $k<=count($readfile)-1; $k++) {
	    echo "$readfile[$k]<br>";
}

</BODY>
</HTML>

the tags do not appear in output to my firefox browser?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

images are not visible

hi, why my uploaded images are not visible both in front-end and back-end of my CMS ? See the picture: http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/72686/noPics.png I checked the GD library in php. It seems ok... http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/72686/GD.png thanks ---------- Post updated at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
0 Replies

2. Solaris

folder not visible in ls -l

Hi, I have a strange problem. when i do ls i see a folder, say 'abc', but it disappears when i do ls -l. I cannot access or mv that folder. Solaris 10 (SPARC) doesn't allow me to create a new folder with the same name, as it already exists. 'file' command also doesn't recognize i 'abc'... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data between XML Tags

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?> <TABLE> <TEST> <ID> 123 </ID> <name> abc </name> </TEST> <TEST> <ID> 123 </ID> <name> abc2 </name> </TEST> </TABLE> <TABLE> <TEST> <ID> 456 </ID> <name> def </name> </TEST> <TEST> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get values from xml tags?

Hi guys, Need ur help again. Source File is coming like this. sample two records are below: <?xml version="1.0"?> <Object> <Header> <XCOMVers>V1.0</XCOMVers> <REPORT>XXXXX</REPORT> <CODE>002</CODE> </Header> <IssueCard> <Record> <L>CAR SYSTEM -SSSSS ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sene_geet
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two xml files while ignoring some xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record id="38,557"><columns><column><name>orge... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add Xml tags to an existing xml using shell or awk?

Hi , I have a below xml: <ns:Body> <ns:result> <Date Month="June" Day="Monday:/> </ns:result> </ns:Body> i have a lookup abc.txtt text file with below details Month June July August Day Monday Tuesday Wednesday I need a output xml with below tags <ns:Body> <ns:result>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nevergivup
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Groups is not visible

OS : SunOS 5.8 I am trying to add a user ad3059 to the following groups, A B C D ( four groups A,B,C,D) When i use usermod command and add the user to the above groups, and go to > groups ad3059 other C D It doesnt show A and B groups and shows it as other.Please advice on how... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Revathi2089
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pull multiple XML tags from the same XML file in Shell.?

I'm searching for the names of a TV show in the XML file I've attached at the end of this post. What I'm trying to do now is pull out/list the data from each of the <SeriesName> tags throughout the document. Currently, I'm only able to get data the first instance of that XML field using the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
9 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)