Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: new hd of 120 gb
Operating Systems Linux Debian new hd of 120 gb Post 302113215 by Msororaji on Wednesday 4th of April 2007 07:17:12 AM
Old 04-04-2007
Hi, group

Just wondering suppose you have linux already installed & now you get a new disk so that your computer has two disks. How do you go about partitioning/slicing the new disk in linux ? which utility do you use ?

Regards

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prc_sync: Script (s90atlas) failed to complete in 120 seconds

I got this message during the reboot process of a Sco Open Server 5 machine: prc_sync: Script (s90atlas) failed to complete in 120 seconds After that, the server rebooted normally, BUT, ftp into that server takes a lot of time to get connected. Another thing is that pinging another outside... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BAM
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a huge line into multiple 120 characters lines with sed?

Hello , I'm trying to split a file which contains a single very long line. My aim is to split this single line each 120 characters. I tried with the sed command : `cat ${MYPATH}/${FILE}|sed -e :a -e 's/^.\{1,120\}$/&\n/;ta' >{MYPATH}/${DEST}` but when I wc -l the destination file it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome_1664
2 Replies

3. AIX

43p 120

I have acquired a 43p 120 (7248-120) and I have two questions: Can anyone remember what is the highest version of AIX which I can install (5.1 I believe) and Can anyone remember how to boot this from the CDROM (boot floppy?) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnf
1 Replies
LINUX-VERSION(1)					      General Commands Manual						  LINUX-VERSION(1)

NAME
linux-version - operate on Linux kernel version strings SYNOPSIS
linux-version compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 linux-version sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] linux-version list [--paths] DESCRIPTION
linux-version operates on Linux kernel version strings as reported by uname -r and used in file and directory names. These version strings do not follow the same rules as Debian package version strings and should not be compared as such or as arbitrary strings. compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 Compare version strings, where OP is a binary operator. linux-version returns success (zero result) if the specified condition is satisfied, and failure (nonzero result) otherwise. The valid operators are: lt le eq ne ge gt sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] Sort the given version strings and print them in order from lowest to highest. If the --reverse option is used, print them in order from highest to lowest. If no version strings are given as arguments, the version strings will instead be read from standard input, one per line. They may be suffixed by arbitrary text after a space, which will be included in the output. This means that, for example: linux-version list --paths | linux-version sort --reverse will list the installed versions and corresponding paths in order from highest to lowest version. list [--paths] List kernel versions installed in the customary location. If the --paths option, show the corresponding path for each version. AUTHOR
linux-version and this manual page were written by Ben Hutchings as part of the Debian linux-base package. 30 March 2011 LINUX-VERSION(1)