Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Books on Linux Prog..
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Books on Linux Prog.. Post 302113090 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 3rd of April 2007 10:17:52 AM
Old 04-03-2007
How about 'Advanced Linux Programming' freebie at:
http://www.advancedlinuxprogramming.com/alp-folder

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix/linux books

hey, i am a pretty good linux/unix user but i would like to discover the full capabilities of linux/unix. i have "unix unleashed , by sams" any other books/websites reccomendations. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamza11050
2 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

linux prog for server space, load etc

Hi all what are the ways by which we can know and generate a report of the space remaining, memory(ram) used and the load on the server over a period of time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arlan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

im very new to unix/linux can someone tell me the best books to read...

im very new to unix/linux operating system and having a hard time understanding the command ( grep, ls, echo and variables) is there any book that is simple to understand... after taking this unix/linux operating system i need to take unix operating system..can someone help me please!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2071fox
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a Linux command in C prog.

Dear Friends, I want to know how to call a Linux commands in C programs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna_sicsr
1 Replies

5. Linux

running Client-Server prog on 2 LInux boxes

hi , i have 2 linux boxes with linksys wireless adapters everything is working fine.now i am trying to run client-server program written in C on these boxes but none of the box is receiving any packets. how different it is when using wireless . All these codes that i have works fine on Unix though... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phantom308
1 Replies

6. Fedora

Books on Linux

Not totally new to Linux. Have done distro installs before. At this point, I'm looking for a way out of the MS lock down I've been in. Looking for a good beginner/intermediate book. One that will cover things such as server installs as well as things like X-Windows/SAMBA installs from CLI. What I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcayo11
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Suggested books / Whitepapers for Linux Performance Tuning

Hi All, I'm looking for good reference books or white papers about Linux Redhat Performance tuning / system tuning. Thanks for any advice. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxqwer
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Recommended Linux books

Hi All, What books do you recomend to have for quick reference in regarding to Linux administration and performance monitoring? Thanks for your insight. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer0705
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Books for person who want to be Linux/Unix administrator

Hi, I would like to become Linux/Unix administrator. Of course I am aware that it is practically impossible to get that job immediately and in the beginning it will be Junior position or 2nd level of technical support. But I would like to ask: how in-depth knowledge about daemons such like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavidMax
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Suggest books for understanding Ubuntu Linux

recommend books to understand ubuntu ...... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyom
14 Replies
Sys::Statistics::Linux::DiskUsage(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    Sys::Statistics::Linux::DiskUsage(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Statistics::Linux::DiskUsage - Collect linux disk usage. SYNOPSIS
use Sys::Statistics::Linux::DiskUsage; my $lxs = new Sys::Statistics::Linux::DiskUsage; my $stat = $lxs->get; DESCRIPTION
Sys::Statistics::Linux::DiskUsage gathers the disk usage with the command "df". For more information read the documentation of the front-end module Sys::Statistics::Linux. DISK USAGE INFORMATIONS
Generated by /bin/df -kP. total - The total size of the disk. usage - The used disk space in kilobytes. free - The free disk space in kilobytes. usageper - The used disk space in percent. mountpoint - The moint point of the disk. GLOBAL VARS If you want to change the path or arguments for "df" you can use the following variables... $Sys::Statistics::Linux::DiskUsage::DF_PATH = '/bin'; $Sys::Statistics::Linux::DiskUsage::DF_CMD = 'df -akP'; Example: use Sys::Statistics::Linux; use Sys::Statistics::Linux::DiskUsage; $Sys::Statistics::Linux::DiskUsage::DF_CMD = 'df -akP'; my $sys = Sys::Statistics::Linux->new(diskusage => 1); my $disk = $sys->get; METHODS
new() Call "new()" to create a new object. my $lxs = Sys::Statistics::Linux::DiskUsage->new; It's possible to set the path to df. Sys::Statistics::Linux::DiskUsage->new( cmd => { # This is the default path => '/bin', df => 'df -kP 2>/dev/null', } ); get() Call "get()" to get the statistics. "get()" returns the statistics as a hash reference. my $stat = $lxs->get; EXPORTS
No exports. SEE ALSO
df(1) REPORTING BUGS
Please report all bugs to <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. AUTHOR
Jonny Schulz <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006, 2007 by Jonny Schulz. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-09 Sys::Statistics::Linux::DiskUsage(3pm)