Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP is not working.
Special Forums Cybersecurity FTP is not working. Post 302113070 by ronald_brayan on Tuesday 3rd of April 2007 08:22:03 AM
Old 04-03-2007
Hi,

I'm ftp'ing from desktp to HP-Unix server.

Can you help me where to use -v parameter.

Ronald.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

FTP is not working

Upto last month my script was working fine, Now I am getting following error, any one help me? Tcl_Init failed: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories: /usr/local/lib/tcl8.0 ./lib/tcl8.0 ./tcl8.0/library ./library This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

why the mv is not working in an FTP

Why when I mv $UpLoadFileName supfinaid.DSB does not work, it is getting the $UpLoadFileName and it is moving it to the right location, but not the move, Let me know if you want to see the all script, I just want to rename $UpLoadFileName, it is moving $UpLoadFileName to the right... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
6 Replies

3. Web Development

is wget working in ftp ?

I get ftp> wget ?Invalid command. ftp> 0 * * * * wget -O - -q -t 1 http://www.example.com/cron.php ?Invalid command. thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP not working, need some help

I am trying to set up an account for a user on our network to ftp into and access his folder for his web site. I have been tossed into the previous web hosting server without really knowing much about how it has or is set up, but I've been following most of the tutorials I have seen around the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nlraley
0 Replies

5. Linux

FTP not working under Linux but working under any other OS ??? Very strange

Dear all, I am totally despaired and puzzled. Using Filezilla under Windows under the same network as our Linux servers is working. Using FTP command-line client under any of our Linux debian servers is not working ! I tried with different FTP servers -> same problem ! All commands are... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: magix_ch
12 Replies

6. Solaris

All i/o (ftp) not working on this SunOS 5.10

Hi everyone: I have been trying to simply FTP a file over to this SunOS 5.10 (which is same as Solaris 10 now) and nothing works! I can only Telnet to this via SSH (with my own account/uid), and I can also send simple mail out with mailx, that's all!!! I cannot FTP to it (I think FTP... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working after FTP

Hi Gurus, I prepared a script to process some files and then ftp the output file to mainframe directory. Here is the code snippet for the same. # Perform FTP echo "put $TGT_DR/$K.$F.$I.$K1.$RUN_TYPE '$K.$F.$I.$K1.$RUN_TYPE'" >> $LogFile ftp -i -n <<EOF >> $LogFile open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
2 Replies

8. Solaris

FTP not working Solaris 10

Hi All, I have a problem with FTP service on Solaris 10. Whenever I try to FTP to one machine locally (ftp localhost) or from other machine I don't get any response, I see the ftp service on the machine is online and listening to port 21 but ftp is not responding. Also it seems i can't... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: belal84
16 Replies

9. Solaris

Why is sftp working but ftp not

I am not very familiar with the use of FTP, and trying to run it I found out that standard "ftp" is not working" but "sftp" is. If sftp is allowed will that block ftp ? and if so where is this set ? I thought there is no relationship, is that right ? If so look here: inetadm | grep ftp enabled... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: manni2
11 Replies

10. Red Hat

Working with FTP

Hi all, i am using fedora 11,and want to make my system as ftp server. I have installed vsftp package and vsftpd daemon is also running. Can i access my files from outer world i.e. internet using ftp? How can i do that? i started vsftpd daemon and tried to access server from other system like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashwantkumar
2 Replies
ncftpbatch(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ncftpbatch(1)

NAME
ncftpbatch - Individual batch FTP job processor SYNOPSIS
ncftpbatch -d ncftpbatch -l ncftpbatch -D OPTIONS
Command line flags: -d Begin background processing of FTP jobs in the current user's $HOME/.ncftp/spool directory. This returns immediately, because a daemon process is spawned and ran in the background. -l Lists the contents of the user's job queue. -D This is like -d, except that the process does not become a daemon. DESCRIPTION
This program is responsible for processing background FTP requests. It is normally only run by ncftp and not manually by a human being, however you can run it to manually process the FTP job queue. The jobs are spool files written to a user's $HOME/.ncftp/spool directory and have a special format and file-naming convention (which con- tains when the job is to be run). ncftp runs this program when it needs to, but if the ncftpbatch daemon dies unexpectedly the jobs that are left in the queue will not be processed until another instance of ncftpbatch is run. ncftpget and ncftpput can also be used to submit jobs for batch processing, using those utilities' -b command-line flag. If desired, you can also manually create the spool files although this procedure is not documented here (see the manual page for ncftpspooler for more information on how to do that). DIAGNOSTICS
ncftpbatch writes to its own log file, the $HOME/.ncftp/spool/log file. This file should be examined to determine if any ncftpbatch pro- cesses are actively working on jobs. AUTHOR
Mike Gleason, NcFTP Software (http://www.ncftp.com). SEE ALSO
ncftp(1), ncftpput(1), ncftpget(1). ncftpbatch NcFTP Software ncftpbatch(1)