Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to find in which shell i am working.. Post 302112916 by mona on Sunday 1st of April 2007 10:56:09 PM
Old 04-01-2007
This will give you the current shell
Code:
echo $0

This will give you the login SHELL
Code:
echo $SHELL

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to mona For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell script to find whether the first day of the month is a working day

Hi , I am relatively new to unix... Can u pls help me out to find out if the first day of the month is a working day ie from (Monday to Friday)...using Date and If clause in Korn shell.. This is very urgent. Thanks for ur help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find command not working

Hi, Having issues with the . parameter in the find command. Issuing "find . -name \*.pl" gives me find: cannot open .: No such device I got it working by substituting . with *, so "find * -name \*.pl" gives the correct listing. bin/test.pl "which find" lists /bin/find. Anybody... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabrady
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find/if statement not working

Hi guys: I am trying to delete multiple files in a folder with different names. Below is the script that I was trying, but it doesn't work ************************** #!/bin/ksh DATE=`date '+20%y%m%d'` DEL_DIR=<dir where files have to be deleted> let DATE2=$(($DATE - 2)) let DATE1=$(($DATE... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: geomonap
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where to find a working shell scriptor...without being on UNIX?

Help! I've recently volunteered to start learning UNIX for the company I work for. However as of today, I still have not been granted access to any UNIX box and thus a working Shell. I've been informed that the Editor we will be using is Vi. They have, however, given me access to TONS of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kratka
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command not working

Hi all, find command not working for me in a perticular directory.The same command is working fine in any other directory. Following is the command i issued: find . -type f -print my question is , is it possbile to disable a command only for a perticular directory ??...of course... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find and delete not working

Hi, I have a .ksh script which finds all the directories older than 84 days and tries to housekeep. Below is the command used find * -depth -type d -ctime +84 -exec rm -rf {} \; The above command lists all the directories ie child and parent directory in descending order which are more... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: annamalai77
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find with Prune not working

Hi I am trying to list all files in every subdirectory from a given location. However, I realise that 1 folder will have files that I am not interested in. This is using a .csh file to execute I have tried different scripts but to no avail. My current incarnation is below. Would someone be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wonderbison
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find not working right

if ] then leftarray=($(find . -type l -printf "%p\n" 2>/dev/null)) rightarray=($(find . -type l -printf "%l\n" 2>/dev/null)) for var in "${rightarray}" do maximumarray=`echo "$var" | tr -dc "/" | wc -c | tr -d " "` index=$(($index+1)) done ############# for numbers in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xpukm
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find with name not working from crontab

find without -name works fine. find with -name '*' works from interactive bash, but not from cron. mgr@someplace:~$ crontab -l | grep wsl 17 09 * * * /usr/bin/find /wsbj/logs/mgr/webServiceLogs -type f -mtime +30 > /home/mgr/wsl_find.out 17 09 * * * /usr/bin/find /wsbj/logs/mgr/webServiceLogs... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: CarloM
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp not working in shell script but running perfectly from shell

Dear All, I have script. Dest="" IFS=' ' for translation in $(echo $MY_MAP) do t1=$(echo $translation | cut -d"=" -f1) t2=$(echo $translation | cut -d"=" -f2| cut -d"," -f1) if then Dest=$UNX/$u_product_path/$u_study_path/$UNXTR/$t2 break; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD